Healthy Ice Cream Substitutes

So do you guys have any favorite healthy ice cream substitute recipes?? Either banana ones or greek yogurt ones or maybe there are healthy bases I havent heard of?? I have a hugeeee sweet tooth right now.

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Halo Top is popular. Some people like Arctic Zero. The banana one is pretty yummy; I used to make that with some PB2 and cocoa powder. I also personally really like Breyers' carb smart chocolate ice cream.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Yogurt ice cream...just about any brand works for me. Although I have been getting into making sorbet with my vitamix. YUM!
  • flaka813
    flaka813 Posts: 1 Member
    Yonana is a great gadget. You freeze bananas and add in any flavor or ingredient you want your ice cream to be. Look it up. I absolutely love it.

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I love love love halo top. Just make sure to let it sit out for a bit so it thaws. The birthday cake flavor tastes just like blue bunny birthday cake ice cream to me. Since theres more protein i'm not even tempted to finish the pint.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    edited April 2017
    I love Arctic Zero...brownie blast and a few others are awesome!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,992 Member
    Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with protein powder mixed in with your choice of toppings are good subs as well.
  • rome_411
    rome_411 Posts: 29 Member
    I'll join in on the Halo Top Band Wagon. It's a bit pricey but I'd rather spend a little more than to give up ice cream entirely. I've tried 3 flavors so far and loved them all. It's light, but doesn't compromise taste. Each flavor is at least half the calories and less carbs than the equivalent regular store version. Anywhere from about 240 calories to 350 depending on the variety for the whole pint. Each pint is 4 servings. Good on protein as well.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    HALO TOP!!!! Absolutely Halo Top! Love love love the sea salt caramel. Chocolate and Mint are awesome too. Just let it sit out on the counter for a bit to soften up and dig in. It's amazing!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Halo Top! Just purchased 4 pints :D i love icecream I purchased birthday cake, peanut butter cup, red velvet & vanilla bean
  • pearl_089
    pearl_089 Posts: 6 Member
    If you have any bananas and a food processor, you can make your own ice cream at home! (One ingredient ice cream) The texture is pretty much the same plus you'll be able to have control over what level of sweetness or toppings you want to add.

pearl_089
    Check out more healthy recipes and lifestyle tips at the Alcat Test Blog
  • CaitKilla
    CaitKilla Posts: 75 Member
    Halo Top and Enlightened ice cream brands. You're welcome.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Halo Top vote here
  • nmgu
    nmgu Posts: 31 Member
    What's wrong with ice cream?

Skinny cow. When I eat ice cream I eat the ice cream pops or single package things. Better for portion control.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I was very very skeptical of Halo Top but I tried the chocolate one, since I got it for free, and it was life changing. I highly recommend it.
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Make a protein shake and freeze it
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I mix natural yoghurt with cacao, Pb, protein a d stevia, and water to make it easier to stir. Add in some berries and freeze for a while... It's dessert every night of the week.

Weekends/high cal days are for real icecream.
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    I love Halo Top. I don't know whether it qualifies as particularly healthy, but it's lo cal anyway.