Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    Thank you, @OConnell5483 . I eat my feelings as well. Every single one!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Just for Sunday:
    1. Make healthy choices :neutral: Did really good at this, right up until the Little Debbie Cinnamon Roll at 8pm. *sigh)
    2. Stay in green :neutral: See #2 above.
    3. Hydrate - my fingers are like puffy sausages and my rings won't fit!!! :smile:
    4. Do at least one thing that I enjoy today :smiley: Did several actually! What a nice day spent with my honey.
    5. Hit my step goal :neutral: No, because we took some drives in the country. But it was totally worth not hitting my goals today. I came very close.
    6. Go to Stein's and get some flowers bulbs and plant a new patch of Daffodils and Hyacinths in the front yard (this actually could fall under #4. Two birds with one stone?) :neutral: Nope, maybe today on the way home?
    7. Mark at least 3 things off my to-do list: bills, laundry and veggie prep for the week :smile:
    8. Read, journal and unplug one hour before bed!! THIS IS A MUST! I've been really bad about this. :disappointed: Was up late watching some stupid show in tv.

Hmmmm....didn't hit my goals very well yesterday but it was such a really relaxing stress-free great day that I am just going to be grateful for that. Sometimes that is exactly what a body needs...for the brain to rest!

Back at it today! Just for Monday:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. WATER! Not just decaf, but actual good-for-the-body WATER.
    3. Take a real lunch break where I actually get away from my desk.
    4. Be grateful for what I have in my life instead of focusing on what I do not.
    5. Work toward my goal of simplifying.
    6. Try to complete Phase 1 of my project at work so I can start Phase II tomorrow.
    7. Unplug one hour prior to bed, read and journal to unwind. Bed on time tonight!

Hope everyone is having a great day! It's a brand new week!
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    I'm starting up again. When I am motivated to accomplish other things, I lead a more active lifestyle, and everything else falls into place. I had a baby in January, so I'm trying to figure out how to get things done while I'm on maternity leave.

JFT 4/25(posting this for tomorrow Tues.)

1. Don't go back to sleep after feeding the baby
    2. Get out of the house with the baby (I have something in mind...it's just a matter of getting out of the house with the baby in time)
    3. Only eat 2-3 small deserts from the recent party
    4. Don't go overboard with finishing the leftovers from the recent party
    5. Write short (realistic ) to-do list.
    6. Finish to-do list.
    7. Post to this threat to follow up and write a new set of goals.
    8. Go to Zumba. This is a freebie for me. I already have my dad coming to babysit so I can go to this.
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    4/24 Goals:
    20 minute exercise :)
    Water 24 ounces :)
    Log all food and stay under goal :)
    Read and study :/
    Get paperwork in order for tomorrow's meeting at work. :)

Also took a 2 mile walk today that wasn't planned.

4/25
    20 minute exercise
    Water 24 ounces
    Log all food and stay under goal
    Read and study
    Go to meetings.
    Start planting a few flowers in my garden.
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member

Just for today: Monday

5 glasses of water?- :)
    COUNT MY NUMEROUS BLESSINGS!!- :)

Just for today: Tuesday

6 glasses of water
    Start logging everything again!!
    Compliment coworkers

Going to be a long day today. Just need to stay focused and accomplish as much as possible. Have a great day y'all
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    dph118 wrote: »
    Went to physical therapy yesterday and it was amazing! My back was feeling so much better. Still not sleeping so well, but will keep working on my stretching. Made progress on my baby blanket and it is looking good. Definitely need to spend more time on it!

Have a wonderful day!

God you got some relieve from PT!
    Definitely keep working on your stretches!

I'd love to see this baby blanket when it's finished!
    How are you making it? Knitting, crochet, quilting? Or another way lol
    I love making things

Sorry, I have been off for a couple of days. I will post a picture when I finish it. I am crocheting this one, then plan to quilt another one. It is good mental therapy for me!
  • dph118
    Hi everyone! Been MIA for a few days. Hope everyone is doing well!

Go to Stein's and get some flowers bulbs and plant a new patch of Daffodils and Hyacinths in the front yard (this actually could fall under #4. Two birds with one stone?)

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! I hope you are all having beautiful weather and a nice day. :smiley:

I absolutely love Hyacinths! They are so fragrant! Enjoy!
  • wendyron3
    wendyron3 Posts: 91 Member
    JFT- start of my work week and it's hard to stay focused. So goals are to keep on track with eating. Exercise and drink water. Also, don't get overwhelmed and binge:/
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    I'm starting up again. When I am motivated to accomplish other things, I lead a more active lifestyle, and everything else falls into place. I had a baby in January, so I'm trying to figure out how to get things done while I'm on maternity leave.

JFT 4/25(posting this for tomorrow Tues.)

1. Don't go back to sleep after feeding the baby (He got up much earlier than usual, so I dust stay up. However, I got up at a decent time.)
    2. Get out of the house with the baby (I have something in mind...it's just a matter of getting out of the house with the baby in time) (yes!)
    3. Only eat 2-3 small deserts from the recent party (Husband brought the rest of them to work so I was not tempted)
    4. Don't go overboard with finishing the leftovers from the recent party (Had some leftovers. I didn't think I overdid it, but I didn't feel great later. It could have been the coffee.)
    5. Write short (realistic ) to-do list. (sort of)
    6. Finish to-do list. (one of the tasks wasn't finished, but I took steps to work on it)
    7. Post to this threat to follow up and write a new set of goals.(yes)
    8. Go to Zumba. This is a freebie for me. I already have my dad coming to babysit so I can go to this. (yes)

Jft for 4/26
    1. Eat a healthy dinner
    2. Complete to-do list (includes this list plus additional items)
    3. Contact a friend
    4. Exercise for 15 min
    5. Write to-do list the next day
    6. Write goals for next day
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    4/25
    20 minute exercise :)
    Water 24 ounces :/
    Log all food and stay under goal :)
    Read and study :)
    Go to meetings. :)
    Start planting a few flowers :)

4/26
    20 minute exercise
    Water 24 ounces
    Log all food and stay under goal
    Read and study
    Go to meetings.
    Vacuum and mop floors in the house.
  • PackerFanInGB

Back at it today! Just for Monday:
    1. Stay in the green :) Barely, but did it!
    2. WATER! Not just decaf, but actual good-for-the-body WATER. :)
    3. Take a real lunch break where I actually get away from my desk. :smile:
    4. Be grateful for what I have in my life instead of focusing on what I do not. :smile:
    5. Work toward my goal of simplifying. :)
    6. Try to complete Phase 1 of my project at work so I can start Phase II tomorrow. :s
    7. Unplug one hour prior to bed, read and journal to unwind. Bed on time tonight! ;) Kinda?

Loggin on late today, but my goals would have been:
    1. Stay in green :) I did it!
    2. WATER :) Yup
    3. Take a real lunch break :) Actually took a walk today for lunch. Beautiful day in Wisconsin!
    4. Meet step goal. :smile: I did. YEA!
    5. positive attitude at work. Lots of conference calls today. Skype meetings, Keep smile in voice. :smile: I did. Actually had a pretty good day even though I didn't get my list done.
    6. Unplug one hour before bed, read and journal. :/ I'm actually failing at this one right now. Should be in bed with computer off. But I really wanted to get on here. Feels wrong if I miss a day. LOL!

Have a good night everyone and I'll be on tomorrow morning with Wednesday's goals.

• dph118
    Tuesday goals:
    1. Keep calories under 1300. :smile:
    2. Keep carbs under 20g. :smile:
    3. Drink 8 glasses of water. :smile:
    4. Meet step goal. :smiley: Beat it by over 2K! The sun actually peaked between the gray clouds for a brief period, so enjoyed walking to the market and picking up my groceries!
    5. Do one other kind of exercise. Remember, weigh-in is tomorrow! :wink: No on the extra exercise, but not unhappy since I got tons of walking in.
    6. Work on baby blanket! :neutral: Barely any. I did pick it up and set it on my lap, but my son got a new movie and I got sucked into it! It was very enjoyable so I only feel a little guilty about not making more progress. :wink:

Wednesday goals:
    1. Keep calories under 1300.
    2. Keep carbs under 20g.
    3. Drink 8 glasses of water.
    4. Meet step goal. Get away from that computer! :wink:
    5. Do one other kind of exercise.
    6. Work on baby blanket! No excuses! :wink:

Well, I was dreading getting on the scale this morning, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was down another 1.6 pounds this week! I would love to lose another 4 to 5 pounds by my husband's birthday on 15 May.

It has been so cold and dreary. I completely agree with you @asclepsia and @Bex953172 that the weather can really impact your spirits and energy! I think we just need more of that Vitamin D from the sun! Sadly, it is another gray day, but I am feeling a little better about my lifestyle change.

I went to the doctor this morning and my blood sugar was actually normal! Happy days! I am hoping that means it won't take too long before I can back off on the medication.

Hope you have a wonderful day!
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member

Just for today: Tuesday

6 glasses of water- :) 8
    Start logging everything again!!- :/
    Compliment coworkers :/

Just for today: Wednesday

7 glasses of water
    Log!! Really need to see how far off track I really am...
    Compliment coworkers. Rough day yesterday, they could use a boost
    Start catching up at work
    Pack one box. Kitchen or bedroom

Halfway to Friday!!!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited April 2017
    dph118 wrote: »
    It has been so cold and dreary. I completely agree with you @asclepsia and @Bex953172 that the weather can really impact your spirits and energy! I think we just need more of that Vitamin D from the sun! Sadly, it is another gray day, but I am feeling a little better about my lifestyle change.

I went to the doctor this morning and my blood sugar was actually normal! Happy days! I am hoping that means it won't take too long before I can back off on the medication.

Totally agree with the weather also! I take Vitamin D 5000 IU every day from late October through April where I live. I do think it helps.

YIPPEE on the blood sugar being normal! THAT is a major victory! Proud of you! You go girl!