Are daily "treats" ok?

bacoo
bacoo Posts: 16 Member
Is it ok to have a little "treat" everyday?
If I stay within my calorie allowance is there anything wrong with a little chocolate treat everyday?

Replies

• pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Yep, it is fine as long as it is within your daily calorie goal.

I have some chocolate, every day, with lunch and some type of "dessert" with dinner.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Yes! Fit them in your calories and enjoy your treats!!!!!!
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Nothing whatsoever. If you're on 1200 calories/day and using 600 of them on chocolate every day, you're going to have issues with adequate nutrition. But leaving over some calories for an indulgence? Nothing wrong with that.

You might also think about working calorie-dense foods into nutrient-dense foods as garnishes. For example, a tablespoon of chocolate chips=80 calories. It's also kind of tiny. BUT if you stir it into your yogurt, it's more filling, improves the yogurt, etc.

Personally, I love nuts. But I find that a moderate portion in a bowl doesn't satisfy me. However, if I put an ounce of crushed nuts in a saute or salad? I get the indulgence and the satiety.

Exactly!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    For me, daily treats are required! I have kids, I can't get hangry. Besides that treats have never caused me not to lose weight, overeating (any food) is what caused me to gain weight.
  • bacoo
    bacoo Posts: 16 Member
    Awesome everyone thank you!! I'll go have a treat now
  • KkBlowin25
    KkBlowin25 Posts: 45 Member
    I was just thinking the same. But heard also if u neglect those cravings and sweets its what u want to eat more once u hit ur goal weight. That's why ppl gain weight back and more. Makes sense.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    As long as you have covered your bases in terms of nutrition, then using up some cals on treats won't hurt.
    Prelogging can be useful so you can see how the balance of your day (or week) is looking.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I eat chocolate every day. I budget calories for it.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    As long as you have covered your bases in terms of nutrition, then using up some cals on treats won't hurt.
    Prelogging can be useful so you can see how the balance of your day (or week) is looking.

the prelogging is a must for me. my first treat of the day is coffee. tonight it's grapefuit sections....and pork loin
  • caitlinj406
    caitlinj406 Posts: 35 Member
    I eat a cookie pretty much every day. I just make it a point to fit it in.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Nothing whatsoever. If you're on 1200 calories/day and using 600 of them on chocolate every day, you're going to have issues with adequate nutrition. But leaving over some calories for an indulgence? Nothing wrong with that.

You might also think about working calorie-dense foods into nutrient-dense foods as garnishes. For example, a tablespoon of chocolate chips=80 calories. It's also kind of tiny. BUT if you stir it into your yogurt, it's more filling, improves the yogurt, etc.

Personally, I love nuts. But I find that a moderate portion in a bowl doesn't satisfy me. However, if I put an ounce of crushed nuts in a saute or salad? I get the indulgence and the satiety.
    This also works well for me. The nuts are a great example. I crush them up and have a couple of jars of them in the fridge at all times. Rather than eat a few almonds by themselves, I put them on desserts or on my morning cereal to enhance the flavour and texture of the whole bowl. Much more satisfying for me that way.

• watb108
    watb108 Posts: 10 Member
    I consider all foods I eat to be a treat, because I only eat foods I like and enjoy. :)
  • aweger83
    aweger83 Posts: 5 Member
    I think it needs to fit into your macros percentages for the day and calorie goals. I think having treats often prevent over indulging and I don't feel like my food logging is a punishment.
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Yes! Enjoy