Tips for starting a gym routine?!

pmabz
pmabz Posts: 1 Member
I've been to the gym a few times but I'm always so lost! Anyone have tips to overcome this?

Replies

• BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    Any gym I've been a member of offers a complementary assessment session and workout plan with a trainer as part of your membership. If you're nervous around the gym then I can't recommend that highly enough! They can find out your goals, give you a plan and show you how to do everything :)
  • tmellison4573
    tmellison4573 Posts: 4 Member
    My boyfriend and I joined a gym and, like you, we were totally lost. The only thing we knew is we were ready to make a change and the treadmill is all we knew how to use. We took advantage of the free training session our gym offered and it has made a world of difference! We were able to develop a plan and stick to it.

Another thing I would suggest is, if at all possible, find a gym buddy. Having someone else help to keep you accountable is a plus. When one of us is all "I really don't want to go to the gym today" the other is there to say "Let's go!"

Best of luck!
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 830 Member
    What are your goals? Are you interested primarily in cardio fitness, weight training or both? Prefer solo training or group sessions?

For the weight training, have a look at http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you#latest