Jason's OMAD Journal

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    The lifts are starting to get heavier now, so hopefully OMAD can keep my body nourished. I was reading an article on nutrition yesterday as part of my personal trainer re certification, and it said one of the downfalls of IF is that it may not be efficient enough to fuel physical activity. Although outside of my window, I did supplement with a protein shake post workout. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Yep, 1st couple of months I lost about 6-lbs of muscle (by Inbody Measurements), I started lifting and taking a protein supp and I gained it all back and maintained it. I would shoot for 100-120g protein a day. One thing I did find out though, is if I eat that much protein in the evening and I also allow high carb, my morning blood sugar was a bit high (I've had problems with that before). If I kept the carbs down, I didn't have that problem. Good luck. I run and lift all the time on OMAD no problem. I do need to eat something before I go run or lift though or I will bonk. If I lift or run in the mornings, I have no problem with bonking.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    I worry that it might be the reason not seeing the loss I expected. I work really hard and feel like the scale is against me. I love OMAD and want to stay. I hope you continue to do well. You're an inspiration.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    The lifts are starting to get heavier now, so hopefully OMAD can keep my body nourished. I was reading an article on nutrition yesterday as part of my personal trainer re certification, and it said one of the downfalls of IF is that it may not be efficient enough to fuel physical activity. Although outside of my window, I did supplement with a protein shake post workout. Has anyone had similar experiences?

I'm reading a book called "thinner leaner stronger" and it says there can be some benefit to having protein before and after but not necessary.
    You just need to keep your protein values up.
    I aim for around 130g a day (1.2g protein per kg I weigh, 1g per kg I weight in carbs)
  • 1MADGIRL
    shans34 wrote: »
    I worry that it might be the reason not seeing the loss I expected. I work really hard and feel like the scale is against me. I love OMAD and want to stay. I hope you continue to do well. You're an inspiration.

I would say you need to put your protein values up :)
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    1MADGIRL wrote: »

I would say you need to put your protein values up :)
    That's what I am thinking, May 1st, time to change it up!

• Vanguard1
    Weekly and monthly update since the first fell on a Monday!
    27 Feb 17 - 225.8
    06 March 17 - 224.2
    13 March 17 - 217.6
    20 March 17 - 214.2
    27 March 17 - 214.3
    31 March 17 - 216
    3 April 17 - 213.3
    10 April 17 - 212.5
    17 April 17 - 212.6
    25 April 17 - 211.2
    1 May 2017 - 209.8
    Down 1/2 an inch in a month and BF is down to 20% using neck and waist measurements.

Still going down and honestly I am feeling great about the program!! My biggest NSV was last Friday. Since starting OMAD I still ate lunch every Friday with the guys at work, because it is fish Friday. A month ago I switched from fried to baked, and last Friday I went to the cafeteria with them and had nothing! It felt good to socialize and not come off of the program.
  • Vanguard1
    Here is how my lifting is going using Stronglifts:
    Screenshot_20170430-220956_zpsopvtxfub.png

My deadlift (green line) is almost at bodyweight, my goal is to get my squat (teal) to cross my body weight before May is over. I started the program from an empty bar baseline at the end of February as part of my bicep rehab.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Wow, just wow! Great results weight wise, strength wise, and inches gone wise! Also, I admire how you transitioned to being able to enjoy your Friday lunch out with the guys without going off plan.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    You are doing an amazing job! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Wow what an inspiration. I hope I get close to deadlifting at my bodyweight as well! I'm still at 54 pounds :) squats a lot less because I don't have a power cage yet. Great work!!!!
  • Vanguard1
    One of our family traditions is when it is your birthday, you pick the place to eat. Yesterday, my youngest picked one of my not so favorite places to eat, which happened to also be a buffet. I am happy to say I not only stayed under my goal, I significantly upped my protein (4 steaks), I had no dessert, and finally I got back to logging all of my food. It was the most I have ate lately, and I still don't feel so hot this morning...
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm not feeling too hot this morning either because I had a bad experience with eggs and butter yesterday :( You stayed under goal which was good and you didn't have dessert so that was good too!!!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Fantastic report, fantastic progress, fantastic results!!
  • 1MADGIRL
    One of our family traditions is when it is your birthday, you pick the place to eat. Yesterday, my youngest picked one of my not so favorite places to eat, which happened to also be a buffet. I am happy to say I not only stayed under my goal, I significantly upped my protein (4 steaks), I had no dessert, and finally I got back to logging all of my food. It was the most I have ate lately, and I still don't feel so hot this morning...

haha perfect! great work on getting more protein in :)
  • Vanguard1
    1st HIIT session in the books and I am wrecked!! I am going to try to incorporate it once a week in place of one of my strength workouts.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    What are the other lifts in you charts?

If have to eat extra meals, go low carb which looks like you did. Bummer having to eat 4 steaks :)
  • Vanguard1
    blambo61 wrote: »
    What are the other lifts in you charts?
    Red is Body weight
    Blue is Squat
    Gray is Bench
    Green is Deadlift
    Purple is Overhead Press
    Orange is Barbell Row
    It is from the Stronglifts 5x5 app. The app tracks progress, programs next lifts, counts sets and times your rest. I believe SL to be one of the best beginner programs for men or women, as it starts off very light and progresses by 5 pounds at a time. When you cant get your reps, the app will reprogram your next workout for you. The website has a lot of the science behind the programming as well as the history of a 5x5 program.

https://stronglifts.com/

• 1MADGIRL
    I'm going to copy your chart if you don't mind :)
  • Vanguard1
    Its not mine, so copy away!!
  • Vanguard1
    I tried a HIIT workout 3 days ago, and as of yesterday, my back still felt very "tweaked". I really wanted to lift last night, since I had skipped my planned session for the HIIT but decided to take the night and stretch instead. I found a beginner YOGA video online that targeted lower back pain and it made a huge difference. I have never tried Yoga before, but I really think I need to plan in at least 1 day a week to stretch all of the kinks out. It was a great investment of my time!