Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Just for Today / Sunday:
    1. Stay in the green and and hydrate :)
    2. De-clutter the desk in our back bedroom/office :)
    3. Prep food for the week for lunches :)
    4. Bake my husband some pumpkin bread since he's been asking for it for two weeks :)
    5. De-clutter my closet of clothes I no longer wear. Only keep what I love and box up the rest to donate. ;)Started this...
    6. Walk on treadmill in basement or try the Leslie Samsone DVD. :(
    7. Laundry. :)
    8. Unplug and rest after dinner. Bed early. :)Heading to bed in about 30 minutes...

Just for Today / Monday 5/1
    1. Stay in the green and hydrate
    2. Get up and walk away from desk 5 minutes every hour
    3. Stick to pre-logged food and packed lunch
    4. Remember to take deep breaths at work. Take walks if you need to to get your focus back when frustrated.
    5. Only work 9 hours. Leave laptop at work.
    6. Gym after work if feeling okay.

Just for this week:
    7. List out stressors and what can be changed.
    8. Unpack a bin or box in the basement of stored clothing.
    9. Try to go to the gym twice this week.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap Sat. 4/29
    1) Stay in green for net calories = yes! It helped that I had a very active day :smiley:
    2) Drink >64 oz. water = yes :smile:
    3) Really, finish meal plans and grocery list! Done already :smiley: Even did the shopping with hubby later, so double win! :smiley:
    4) Walk dog = walked 3.35 miles, cool wind not pleasant, but dog so happy :smiley:
    5) Clear leaves off gardens and haul to curb = yes, cleared off shade and rose gardens, but took Aleve in the evening for backache - that was a lot of bending and hauling! :smiley:

Sunday 4/30 is first anniversary of MIL passing away, so was very sensitive to hubby today. It was a sedentary day from beginning to end. Bible class and church in the a.m. then 1 1/2 hour car ride to cemetery, followed by brunch with SIL / BIL, and the return car ride home. Crappy weather, so no dog walk when we returned. At least I made a healthy soup to go with salad for supper. Followed by screen time (TV & computer). Net calories not in green (estimated food from restaurant), but sodium is (maybe). Sugar is still a problem for me.

Just for M 5/1
    1) Another crummy weather forecast, so take multiple stair breaks at work > 25 flights
    2) Net calories in the green? A co-worker is bringing cake (saw it on Facebook) since she spent the day baking...take a very small piece if I must, and eat healthy for the rest of the day.
    3) Find / update April monthly goals and write goals for May
    4) Floss
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member

Jft 4/30

-20 min cardio yes, technically. (I did not walk non stop during that time)
    -Plan 1 or 2 healthy meals for this week (I planned for tomorrow)
    -Begin filing papers in office (moved to tomorrow's to-do list)

Jft 5/1
    To do list
    Text friend about getting together for lunch at park.
    Get out of house and go to event
    30 min strength training
    Plan healthy dinner for next night
    Write jft and to do list for next day
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Hope you all had a great weekend. I have had so much going on, just haven't made the time to post. Crazy spring storm. We were lucky, just a few broken branches. Some are still without power 2 days later. Heavy wet snow that sticks to the leaves and bends all the tree limbs down. Well apparently all the kids are moving out all at the same time. Sigh. What will I complain about lol. Struggling with the accountability part of this. Totally off track. Fortunately haven't gained too much. Think maybe I will do better checking In a couple times a week for now. Logging pffffft. And I was so good about every single morsel.

Just for the week of May 1 :p

7 glasses of water
    Get back to eating healthier
    Work: Stay stress free and focused
    Show love to the family. Especially the babies.

This will truely be the first time in my life that I have ever been alone. Weird. Stay happy and healthy wherever you are. I sure do miss reading your posts <3
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Sunday's goals:
    1. Keep calories under 1300. :smile:
    2. Keep carbs under 20 g. :smile: Barely, but I made it. Note to self, do NOT let hubby portion my food! :wink:
    3. Drink lots of water! :smiley:
    4. Meet step goal. :smiley::star: Got in over 12K steps yesterday. That walk was definitely worth it!
    5. Finish baby blanket. :smiley: Thanks for all the compliments on my blanket @Bex953172, @OConnell5483, and @joan6630! I really enjoy crocheting. It is an activity I can do while sitting with my husband, then I don't feel so guilty about not spending time with him. :wink: I also find it so relaxing. My next project will be to make a quilt, but have to find a fabric store in the area. Surprisingly, this is not an easy task!

Monday's goals:
    1. Keep calories under 1300.
    2. Keep carbs under 20 g.
    3. Drink 8+ glasses of water.
    4. Meet step goal.
    5. Clean the refrigerator!
    6. Catch up on household chores.
    7. Spend some time on me.
    8. Find at least one new carb friendly recipe.

Goals for May:
    1. Lose 5 pounds.
    2. Build up to 10K steps per day.
    3. Incorporate strength training at least 3 days/week.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »

Today for me is about being present and being aware. Aware of the small things that I miss because I'm always in a hurry or stressed, aware of what I'm eating by taking the time to really taste, smell and enjoy each bite, aware of people around me by really listening to them, not just hearing. I am going to get healthy. That is my end goal. Of course, wearing cute summer clothes would be an added plus, but the ultimate reason for this journey for me is that I want to feel healthy again. We have 17 grandkids and 3 great-grands, and I want to be around to enjoy them as long as I can. That is what I need to remember... Thanks for letting me get that out there in writing. :blush:

Great goals you have ,and my 17 grandkids and 3 great-grands!! How lucky are you!! They alone are reasons to stay healthy.
    I am the same way. As much as I would love to wear pretty clothes and look nice, my main goal is for health reasons. I don't want to turn 67 and feel old. I want to have the energy to do things. I see too many women that are my age, and to me, they walk and just seem to be old. I am trying to stand straight as much as I can, continue to walk and exercise, so I can hang onto what I have. But I also know getting rid of 30 lbs will make a big difference. I, like you, am trying to figure out what makes me overeat - its usually stress or something that upset me. I have to learn better ways to deal with those things.

Good Morning Joan,
    I wrote you yesterday & then accidentally deleted it! In short, good for you for recognizing where there needs to be some adjustments in how people treat you. I would say that if the sofa bed will accommodate the boys, you should have the king. The older we get, the more support we need for our bodies, etc. Grandma's hotel/house rules. When it comes to adding healthy boundaries for others, especially those most dependent on us, a gradual transition may be best. Less of a shock to everyone. At times I have to remind myself that "we teach others how we want to be treated" otherwise I can easily be taken advantage of. Those that matter will have more respect for you.

Have fun with grandkids!
    Sara
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Good Morning!

Track (partially pre tracked)
    Aim for 100 grams of protein (going to increases this to 140 grams)
    Walked dog
    Confirmed meet time with workout buddy
    Elliptical 20 mins (not sure I'll make it, but I'm going to try)
    Weight machines & abs
    Listen to Half Size Me webinar
    Aim for 8 cups of water & green tea in afternoon
    30 min nap quiet time in afternoon
    Bed by 9:30 (struggling with this & I really need the extra sleep)

If anyone is interested in a motivational boost click on the link below:

http://www.halfsizeme.com/category/podcast/

Have a great start to your week.
  • mistyjazz929
    mistyjazz929 Posts: 10 Member
    Morning all.
    My MFP buddy dph118 encouraged me to join this discussion. She also suggested that I drink more water. So just for today I am going to:
    1. Drink 64 oz. of water and
    2. Complete 30 minutes of aerobics
    I know it's not many goals compared to what everyone else is listing but if I can compete these goals I will be happy. Have a great day everyone.
    @dph118 your baby blanket is beautiful!!
  • dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    It's a new month and a new week! My travel for work was successful and I enjoyed the time with my MIL this weekend. Now, it's back to logging. I was up a couple pounds but it was to be expected and I'm hoping it's water-weight from the flights!

JFT - Monday
    - log everything
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - refill water bottle 3 times at work
    - grocery shop
    - strip MIL bedding and do at least 2 loads of laundry

Whew! If I get all that done, it may be a miracle. I will definitely need some caffeine in between the water, at least!

Have a great week, everyone!
  • dph118
    I also realized I had not gotten on here at all yesterday or today. We have been super busy ripping out carpet in a room that is roughly 25 ft x 20 ft, and loaded with stuff! So we have had to move things just to rip out carpet. And the dust and dirt are getting to me! Its been a rainy dreary weekend, so a good time to do this, but boy, my arms hurt so bad from cutting that stuff. We run a business out of our home, so the room is crammed full of stuff and always hard to clean. So we are going to just put down stick-down vinyl tiles and a throw rug, and hopefully that will be easier to clean.

So in the midst of doing all that - my eating and exercise has been terrible. Too tired to cook so its been frozen pizzas. And too tired to do any planned exercise.

Hi Joan,
    Don't cut yourself short. Ripping out carpet is hard work! It sounds to me like you were getting plenty of exercise! Not to mention having to move all the items in your room so that you could get to the carpet. :wink:

I know what you mean about being too tired to deal with cooking. I have really been trying to do a lot more prep to get ready for dinner. Too often we would end up having pizza or something else equally bad... I find if I can get ahead on the prep over the weekend, it is much easier to make healthy choices for dinner during the week.

Great job on all that hard work!!
  • dph118
    Morning all.
    My MFP buddy dph118 encouraged me to join this discussion. She also suggested that I drink more water. So just for today I am going to:
    I know it's not many goals compared to what everyone else is listing but if I can compete these goals I will be happy. Have a great day everyone.

Glad to see you here! Don't worry about having a lot of goals, sometimes it's better to focus on a couple of goals. I tend to go a bit overboard myself. :wink: Thanks for the compliment on the blanket, I was really pleased with the result. :smiley: My grandson will be royally spoiled before he even arrives, lol!
  • cschmitz110515
    Recap Goals for April:
    •Lose 4 lbs...slow pace, so I don't feel deprived and get crabby = Lost 2#....not bad considering the Easter dinner leftovers / candy. :smile:
    •Take measurements and log on 4/29 = measured & firmed up a little in the waist (finally) :smile:
    •Walk, preferably with dog, otherwise on treadmill, at least 4 days per week = walked 4X per week with dog...good for me and dog is happy :smiley:
    •Keep logging on weekends whenever possible, it really helps = not sure, but I think I did this most weekends, sometimes after the fact. Seems to keep me under control more, but not always. :wink:

Goals for May:
    • Lose 4 lbs...when I do this and maintain, I will be below 180# for the first time in more than 4 years
    • Take measurements and log on 5/28...it's not all about the scale, but turning fat to muscle
    • Walk dog (or on treadmill) 4X per week...I am registered to walk in Bellin 10K on June 10
    • Incorporate strength training 1 or 2X per week
    • Log food on weekends for self-control
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Starting weight Jan 1: 217
    Current weight 204.6
    Goal weight:175
    (5'11" tall)

Progress so far:
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6 --- OOPS!!!!! GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!!!! :/

So I pretty much went backwards this month. .... but .... it is a new month!! I can still keep going, and maybe I'm a month late with my ultimate goal of 175, but ... I will get there!!

Goal for April
    Lose 4 pounds
    drink minimum 6 glasses of water a day
    exercise at the gym minimum 3 times a week
    walk minimum of 3 times a week
    consistently log all food and water
    consistently get on here with daily goals, and be accountable

So JFT, May 1

1. recommitt to healthy eating, exercise, feeling better. Remember how good it feels to eat healthy. Keep the long term goal in mind
    2. drink aminimum 6 glasses of water. Try and drink a glass 30 minutes before each meal, and 1 glass with each meal.
    3. sip on water all day. Carry water bottle with me.
    4. Did not get to the gym this morning, so go out for a walk tonite, or take a zumba class
    5. finish ripping out carpet in family room. Call trash company, and bundle all carpet up for pickup
    6. search and try and find some healthy meals to make this week - easy - but healthy so we don't just throw in a frozen pizza!
    7. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning
    8. get back on here tomorrow -- be accountable

Happy May Day everyone! At least we now have sun -- we got over 6" of rain this weekend! Happy to have the sun out, even if it is only 50 degrees!
  • mytime6630
    Morning all.

Welcome!! SO glad you are joining us! Your goals are perfect! Some make a lot of goals, and some just a few. So whatever you want that is OK. I struggle with the water myself, so seems that is a goal everyday I have to try and meet. But we are so glad to have you join us!
  • mytime6630
    Recap Goals for April:
    •Lose 4 lbs...slow pace, so I don't feel deprived and get crabby = Lost 2#....not bad considering the Easter dinner leftovers / candy. :smile:
    ends for self-control
    [/list]

Congratulations on the 2# lost!!! Great job!
  • mytime6630
    So I am trying to quit Diet Pepsi, and drink coffee. Hubby has been on me for years about drinking, as he calls it, a bunch of chemicals. But ... I hate coffee! Of course, the news report about diet soda causing dementia early didn't help me any.
    So I have just 2 cans of diet soda left, and then I promised hubby I would not buy anymore. I can now force myself to drink about 2" of coffee (which I can't say I enjoy at all :/ ).

So do any of you have some suggestions of what I can try to get just a little caffeine in me, and also things to drink during the day. I am working on more water, but sometimes I just want a diet pepsi!!

My reward though for working out still me be a diet pepsi from McDonalds, but I am going to try and not buy anymore.
  • cschmitz110515
    So do any of you have some suggestions of what I can try to get just a little caffeine in me, and also things to drink during the day. I am working on more water, but sometimes I just want a diet pepsi!!

I am not a coffee drinker either. Well, almost never, and always with milk or creamer. In the summer I drink iced tea unsweet that I brew. But I am a Diet Mountain Dew addict, which has a lot of caffeine. When I'm at work, I have one can per day in the morning...not too late b/c I don't want to lie awake in bed at night! Sometimes I have a can at home on weekends, but usually get by without. I don't care what the "health officials" say: diet soda is the new egg / butter / margarine / take your pick. :wink:
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2017

I am not a coffee drinker either. Well, almost never, and always with milk or creamer. In the summer I drink iced tea unsweet that I brew. But I am a Diet Mountain Dew addict, which has a lot of caffeine. When I'm at work, I have one can per day in the morning...not too late b/c I don't want to lie awake in bed at night! Sometimes I have a can at home on weekends, but usually get by without. I don't care what the "health officials" say: diet soda is the new egg / butter / margarine / take your pick. :wink:

Thats what I think!! Hubby has been on me for years about my diet soda. But I absolutely hate the taste of coffee - I'm struggling to drink 2 inches of it in a cup! I know I can get used to being without caffeine, but I do hate to give up my soda :) But I am the same way, I have to stop drinking it by 2 in the afternoon or I can't sleep. Yesterday I drank just a small amount of coffee -- I think there is WAY more caffeine in coffee than in my diet pepsi.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Good morning all! I'm pretty sure I met all my goals. Was even under ALL of my targets! Did my 4.33 mile walk yesterday after walking 3000 steps in the grocery stores and things, so I was at around 17k steps.

Jft I pledge:
    1. Stay under my calorie goal.
    2. Do my workout
    3. Have a good dinner with my parents
    4. Chill out at watch the penguins game with my husband.
    5. Be in bed before 10 30.

Have a great day everyone!