stop snack after dinner.... help!!!

That's my big problem. I can eat super clean during the day without any problems but Dinner is my weakness. I will eat dinner and keep snacking until I feel super full.please let me know if anyone has any experience to get over this bad habit. Thank you

Replies

• evscha
    evscha Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2017
    Try and drink something after dinner? Herbal tea? I drink water to give myself a moment to consider if I actually want to eat more or not.
  • JoJosAnatomymfp
    JoJosAnatomymfp Posts: 178 Member
    Water water water water and water
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    ice blocks:-). low cal, keep you occupied for ages!
  • SalMRiina
    SalMRiina Posts: 22 Member
    Do you like protein shakes? Kaged Muscle has a casine protein you're supposed to take before bed as it takes your body hours to completely break down and absorb the nutrients. It's actually really tasty also.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I think the problem is that you eat "super clean" (which has no real meaning, but implies unnecessary restriction) but that it doesn't manifests itself as a problem until you loosen up control, and then it slips completely.

Aim to eat enough for all meals, but only to satisfaction, and only eat food you like, but only eat at meals. Then make sure you don't have any snack type foods that are just too easy to overeat lying around.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    toktol1686 wrote: »
    That's my big problem. I can eat super clean during the day without any problems but Dinner is my weakness. I will eat dinner and keep snacking until I feel super full.please let me know if anyone has any experience to get over this bad habit. Thank you

I'm working on this too. The tracking is helpful, along with pre-planning some after dinner fruit. It's hard though.
    I think the problem is that you eat "super clean" (which has no real meaning, but implies unnecessary restriction) but that it doesn't manifests itself as a problem until you loosen up control, and then it slips completely.

Aim to eat enough for all meals, but only to satisfaction, and only eat food you like, but only eat at meals. Then make sure you don't have any snack type foods that are just too easy to overeat lying around.

This is insightful. As are the water suggestions. Why is water the last thing I want at night?
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    low cal drink mixers, freeze them. popcicles?
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Brush your teeth right after dinner. It signals time for eating is over.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Would you mind sharing your diary? We might be able to offer helpful advice if we're able to see what you're already doing.
  • oceanblue6
    oceanblue6 Posts: 76 Member
    I know that it feels unintuitive, but perhaps try to eat more before 3:00, focusing your additional calories on protein and healthy fats. I find that when I have that can't-stop-eating feeling at night, it is often a product of not having eaten enough during the day. I have also had the experience, which I think is fairly common among us, of using food to relax at night. If this is part of the issue for you, then finding other ways to unwind is important-- still working on this one myself! Wishing you the best.