Healthy Ice Cream Substitutes

13»

Replies

• Ketolover71
    Ketolover71 Posts: 68 Member
    I mix cream cheese andcool whip with powdered pnut butter and pecans. I've used sugar free syrup to give it that sweet taste. It hits the spot!
  • Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    I bought some Skinny Cow Greek Yogurt bars yesterday -- salted caramel. They were as good or better than the Yasso Greek Yogurt bars I have been buying. Very creamy and quite yummy. 100 calories each.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    KkBlowin25 wrote: »
    My mom showed me this one. Freezing cool whip. Actually really good, light, low cals, low carb and good on frozen fruit with a little cinnamon.

I am not a huge ice cream fan, but when I want a cool dessert beyond my fruit addiction, this is what I do. Frozen cool whip with berries is awesome.

I have had Skinny Cow and Halo Top- both brands taste good but a little pricey for me.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Halo top is my favorite from the store but you can make homemade ice cream using frozen bananas (freeze them without the peel) and add what you would like to it. Peanut butter powder is a really good option (just get the one without the added sugar). You can also add Hershey's 100% Dark Cocoa for a chocolate peanut butter banana flavor. Okay, now I just made myself hungry, lol!
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Clearly I have to try Halo Top, but I get my fix pretty easily from Yasso Greek Yogurt bars.
  • stelly76
    stelly76 Posts: 120 Member
    Ice cream bars are anywhere from 90 calories (creamsicles!) to around 160 calories. That includes Fudgesicles, chocolate covered vanilla, Good Humor bars (strawberry, chocolate, toasted almond) etc.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    My mom showed me this one. Freezing cool whip. Actually really good, light, low cals, low carb and good on frozen fruit with a little cinnamon.

My Grandma would take Cool Whip & make a sandwich with that & graham crackers & then freeze.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2017
    banana nicecream w/ pb2, although I haven't had it recently. Occasionally I get the diane's storebought dark choc dipped bananas too.

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Not sure if anyone commented YASSO yet, but the salted carmel bars are to die for, 100 calories made with greek yogurt
  • okohjacinda
    okohjacinda Posts: 329 Member
    I used to love Halo Top but after a few bites I start feeling queasy from the alcohol sugars. So if I am craving ice cream I go for the real ice cream and work it into my budget for the day but sometimes I will still get Halo Top if I want a lot of ice cream.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    I used to love Halo Top but after a few bites I start feeling queasy from the alcohol sugars. So if I am craving ice cream I go for the real ice cream and work it into my budget for the day but sometimes I will still get Halo Top if I want a lot of ice cream.

Yup me too, I got the worlds worst headache after only a few bites
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Lately I've been eating the Yasso Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Salted Caramel Bars at 100 calories each. My preference is for the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor. Love it!

But my favorite is the Skinny Cow Salted Caramel Pretzel Bar. Now that thing is delicious. But it comes in at 160 calories which is one of Skinny Cow's highest calorie treats so I don't feel right about eating one of those daily, but whew, it's good.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member

My Grandma would take Cool Whip & make a sandwich with that & graham crackers & then freeze.

Try mixing in some key lime Greek yogurt with the cool whip. Mini key lime pies!