Why did you start?

What made you want to start getting healthier and losing weight? What motivates you? What are your goals- long-term or short?

Keep up the awesome work, you got this and you can do it!!

Replies

• jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    I want to live a long, healthy life. I want to be able to run and play with my kids and some day (a very long time from now) run and play with my grand kids. Seeing the health issues my grand parents and parents were going through has made me realize I am not invincible. Heck, even my sister who is eight years younger than me was diagnosed with high cholesterol. At this point I am lucky and do not suffer from any complications from being overweight and I would love to keep it that way.

What about you, what made you decide to do this?
  • n2vile
    n2vile Posts: 5 Member
    I "saw" myself. It's impossible erase the image.

Long term, I want to retake that picture. Same place. Same outfit. 1 year later.

Short term, (tomorrow), I want stay within my alotted calories and take a few more steps than I did today.

Motivation? Besides the picture? I think true motivation comes from within. Sure, it helps when I hear the stories and struggles of others. It helps when I know others are cheering for me...but even if they stop caring, I am committed to fix that image.

My goal is to stay focused!
  • ThreeKeys_
    ThreeKeys_ Posts: 93 Member
    Just tired of being fat. Fancy being less fat and being reasonably fit. Simple as that really!
  • JoJosAnatomymfp
    JoJosAnatomymfp Posts: 178 Member
    Have quite a stressful job. Self care went out the window. Needed to get me back.
  • loulouowens
    loulouowens Posts: 103 Member
    Realizing i was existing and not living!

We booked a family holiday and i was so worried and upset at the thought of flying (seatbelt not fitting) I thought "this is ridiculous" So i started the watch my calories the very next day. I managed to lose 2 stone before the holiday.

Ive now been cc for 12 month on 12th june and so far lost 82lbs. It was so liberating cc no silly no carbs, no sugar, no eating after 6pm etc etc

I just eat what i like when i like and stop when ive run out of calories!! its the first time in my life i genuinely feel i have control over food and can do this forever.

My main goal now is shifting this last 20 lbs or so and then maintenance. I never ever want to feel fat, bloated and sweaty ever again.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I started losing weight after the trauma of losing my daughter. I then found that walking helped. One thing lead to another and I made a conscious effort to become as fit and healthy as I could to give me the best chance of weathering the storm.
    My heart is still broken but for the first time in over 20 years I am at a healthy weight and am fitter than I have ever been.
  • taraccarter729
    taraccarter729 Posts: 11 Member
    I was dealing with heartburn daily which ruined my sleep, hated not being able to find clothes that fit well, hated being the fattest person in the office, tired of looking terrible all the time no matter what I did with my hair and makeup, tired of being invisible to the world. I have a sister who suffers from severe obesity and it's almost killed her twice. And as if all that was not enough, I watched my own daughter gain a lot of weight over a short period of time and lpoked and felt unhealthy. I want to be a good example for her, so last June I just decided to change. I made it a lifestyle thing, which isn't easy. I'm always battling. But I fight the good fight.