question about rate of weigh loss for males

Options
x3nomorph
x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
hello fellow OMADers

I have been doing this program for 6 days now and I feel GREAT, no hunger, great energy, I can even do medium intensity workouts while fasted, it seems almost too good to be true and the food taste delicious at the end of the day

anyway, my question is about the rate a weight loss for a moderate active male(I do lifting. swimming, power walking through out the week) on OMAD I have around 50 lbs to lose, maybe less

I search through the thread titles but couldn't find an answer, thanks and good look to you all on your journey to health

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Rate of loss varies too much. I can tell you mine was 2.4 to 3.6 pounds per week, but 1.5 to 2.3 tends to be, if my feet were to the fire, an average for both sexes. It has been said that a loss of no more than 2.2 lbs per week is your best bet not to have loose skin. But it is really not difficult to hit 2.0+ lbs loss per week with just simple consistency.
  • x3nomorph
    Options
    thanks Sam for that important info, I've been watching some of your YT videos, great content

another quick question, is there any minimum calorie threshold we shouldn't cross or otherwise we would risk the hunger coming back during the fast?

I have been eating around 1600 cals/day with home made meals done from scratch, no junk food at all, green tea to sip through the day

thank you for taking the time to respond
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    No minimum. Just adjust to you.
  • x3nomorph
    Options
    great

I'm excited for this journey, you can't put a price tag to the mental freedom of not thinking about food all day and not being hungry, is a game changer really
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • eblyth00
    eblyth00 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    well I have been averaging about 4 pounds a week but I had 130 pounds to loose total, Im sure it will slow down once I get a little lower.
  • x3nomorph
    edited May 2017
    Options
    any of you guys have tried doing a full water fast day a week in a low activity day?

it would be 6 OMAD meals per week instead of 7, I'm entertaining the idea but not sure if it is too soon since I'm only 10 days in, or even if it is a good idea at all
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Omad is enough for me
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    x3nomorph wrote: »
    any of you guys have tried doing a full water fast day a week in a low activity day?

it would be 6 OMAD meals per week instead of 7, I'm entertaining the idea but not sure if it is too soon since I'm only 10 days in, or even if it is a good idea at all

I would wait on that until you hit the three-month marker.
  • x3nomorph
    Options
    yes, I better concentrate in getting a solid handle of straight OMAD first, and learn how my body reacts to it before getting too fancy

develop a baseline for a couple months and then go from there , thanks for the heads up