Intermittent Fasting

123457»

Replies

• kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    bxcks wrote: »
    It's my third day of fasting. I'm doing a 23:1 fast, so far so good I eat at 16:30 but I think I'm gonna change my window of eating to around 20:30ish since I want to get ready for ramadan.

Does anybody know if changing your window/eating time will stop weight loss or slow it down or something?

Time does not affect weight loss. If you consume the same amount of calories, it doesnt matter which time of the day you ingest those calories.

I started IF back in April. I started at 150lbs and now am at 145.8lbs as of this morning. 4.2lbs down is fine by me for just 3-4 weeks! Only 10lbs left before goal weight.
  • ItsBetterThisWay
    ItsBetterThisWay Posts: 42 Member
    bxcks wrote: »
    It's my third day of fasting. I'm doing a 23:1 fast, so far so good I eat at 16:30 but I think I'm gonna change my window of eating to around 20:30ish since I want to get ready for ramadan.

Does anybody know if changing your window/eating time will stop weight loss or slow it down or something?

Fasting doesn't actually cause you to lose weight. What it does is make eating at a calorie deficit easier as you've less time to spend eating and you're unlikely to eat a great deal after your first meal which would be latter in the day. Ultimately causing you to eat less ccalories overall. It seems like you're new to this so personally I would advise not to fast so strictly. Eating for an hour a day is unnecessary and it's not something you're likely to do for a few years I dont think. I lost 20+ lbs in a month eating from 2pm - 8pm. What you eat is more important than how you eat.

Eating too many calories makes you fat.

Fasting makes eating less calories easier.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    I've been skipping breakfast since February and eating all my calories between lunch and bed time. I used it to take of the last 5-7 lbs and get to my goal. I've continued to use it during my bulking phase because it is a very good tool to be able to stay within your calories.

The first few weeks are more difficult as you'll get hungry in the morning, but it does get much easier.
    It is a good idea to ease into it over several days. If you normally have breakfast at 8, skip it and have a snack at 9, then the next day 9:30 or 10, and on until you get to lunch time. This is if you're doing the skipping breakfast thing.

You can still be in a calorie deficit if you want, intermittent fasting is not proven to be a long term solution to losing weight all by itself. You still have to be in a calorie deficit to do this.

The main benefit of it is that you'll find it much, much easier to stay to your calorie goal because you will tend not to over-eat during your eating window because you'll be eating more during those times that you would otherwise. You're eating your breakfast calories on top of your lunch and dinner. You'll also find it easier to not over-eat during your fasting times because it's very cut and dry. No food.
  • AshleyMasterman
    AshleyMasterman Posts: 1 Member
    How do I join this?
  • megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    I started Monday morning and am really hoping it helps me lose these last 15 lbs! I was going to do the 16:8 but then I read that that is recommended for me but women should do 14:10. Has anyone else heard that or done it the 14:10 way? How did you like it and did you have good results? :) Thanks in advance!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I started Monday morning and am really hoping it helps me lose these last 15 lbs! I was going to do the 16:8 but then I read that that is recommended for me but women should do 14:10. Has anyone else heard that or done it the 14:10 way? How did you like it and did you have good results? :) Thanks in advance!

I do 16:8 I never heard a woman has to do a certain time. and the less you have to lose the slower you will and should lose it.if you want to lose weight you still have to have a deficit,IF is not a magical way to lose weight. as for results I lose the weight the same way I did before. I do 16:8 because I cant eat in the am(not a big breakfast person).