Mom2Annie's Progress Thread

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Congrats on the weight loss and the prospective guy! Keep up the good work.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Soooo happy for you, Laura!
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hey strangers ;) I know, I know... I'm the stranger! So sorry...kinda distracted these days. <3:p;)

Update...I stayed home with my daughter during her spring break and gained gained gained! I was so undisciplined. Shame on me. Lol.

I've dropped it all though. Back to where I was last time I updated (2 weeks ago.) I even got so distracted by the hotness that is my bf (?) that I forgot to eat. I have never in my life forgotten to eat. I fasted 40 hours without even trying. Being in love (lust, whatever) is apparently killing my appetite. No complaints here!

I have no clue what is going on with you all and I'm sorry about that. I don't know how I will ever catch up. I have almost 1000 notifications. Maybe a sleepless night or will help get me caught up.

Anyway .. hope you all are doing well and progressing nicely toward your goals. Is everyone being good to themselves?

Here's my (not so) fancy chart.

o07cff99r20b.png
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome back :) You're distracted because you're in love <3:p
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    I just read through your whole thread! I'm new so I'm just meeting people. You are impressive. You are doing well!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    What an amazing journey you're having, Mom2Annie! So great to see all of your updates to date. I'm new here, well 2 weeks old almost, I'm so glad I read this.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Happy to hear your happy :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    <3 welcome back! Glad hottie is making you happy :) xxxx
  • Mom2annie
    Hey everyone. Hottie has been kicked to the curb. Definitely a player, but it was fun while it lasted.

Got some not so great news today. The two lumps a nurse practitioner found in my breasts last week were confirmed as "still there" this morning. I dismissed them last week bc I was on my cycle and I know that can cause misleading lumps. But I can't dismiss them anymore. A mammogram and ultrasound will be done in the next week to check them out. I pray it's nothing. It's too soon to worry, but, not worrying is easier said than done.

Weekly Weigh-in (sans the chart):

Highest weight: 298
    Current weight: 257 (41 pounds gone)
    Pounds lost via OMAD: 23 (14 weeks or 3.5 months)

Well, that's it for today. Take care and keep OMADing! I'll be back... ;)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    ((((Mom2Annie)))), you are right about not worrying being easier said than done. Hoping those lumps are benign fibroids or whatever else isn't considered a health risk.

Nicely done on ridding more pounds! See you next time you're back :-)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Congrats on the weight loss.
    I hope your lumps are nothing! I had a lump on one of mine and it was just a cyst. I'm hoping its the same for you. <3 but yes get them checked out as soon as possible, if for nothing more than for peace of mind. xxx
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2017
    Good for you kicking him to the curb...I hope its nothing serious and I will keep you in my prayers :(
  • shans34
    You are inspirational!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Agree not to worry. I have been called back so many times for a followup mammo, etc, but it always turns out to be nothing. Be glad your drs are diligent, but don't worry.
  • Mom2annie
    Hello my friends! I hope everyone is well, happy, and still OMADing. :smile:

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement about my lump scare. They were fibrous cysts, thank God. Major relief!

I had a hormone shot a month ago and 2 weeks later, insatiable hunger set in as a side effect. I knew that was a potential side effect but I had the same shot about 15 years ago and didn't notice any side effects at that time. I read that the hunger subsides for most people after 4 weeks, and luckily, that has proven to be true in my case. I had a very hard time OMADing these past two weeks. There were moments when I felt like I was just DONE, and OMAD was about to go out the window, but somehow I pushed through. I didn't lose weight the last two weeks, but I didn't really gain either, so I'm happy.

Here's my chart.

wgw38cdbtb1d.png

I'm still pretty distracted between Annie's school projects (4 this week alone--insane) and getting to know a new guy, so I'm not online much except to skim through FB posts. I know my life will slow down eventually, and I'll be back on here more regularly, but for now, I'm still barely around.

If you respond to this post, and feel up to it, let me know how you're doing lately. Tell me what's new and how things are going for you. I'm genuinely interested and don't want to lose touch completely.

Take care!
    Laura
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    Mom2annie wrote: »
    Hello my friends! I hope everyone is well, happy, and still OMADing. :smile:

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement about my lump scare. They were fibrous cysts, thank God. Major relief!

I had a hormone shot a month ago and 2 weeks later, insatiable hunger set in as a side effect. I knew that was a potential side effect but I had the same shot about 15 years ago and didn't notice any side effects at that time. I read that the hunger subsides for most people after 4 weeks, and luckily, that has proven to be true in my case. I had a very hard time OMADing these past two weeks. There were moments when I felt like I was just DONE, and OMAD was about to go out the window, but somehow I pushed through. I didn't lose weight the last two weeks, but I didn't really gain either, so I'm happy.

Here's my chart.

wgw38cdbtb1d.png

I'm still pretty distracted between Annie's school projects (4 this week alone--insane) and getting to know a new guy, so I'm not online much except to skim through FB posts. I know my life will slow down eventually, and I'll be back on here more regularly, but for now, I'm still barely around.

If you respond to this post, and feel up to it, let me know how you're doing lately. Tell me what's new and how things are going for you. I'm genuinely interested and don't want to lose touch completely.

Take care!
    Laura

Awesome progress Laura and great job sticking to OMAD... good to know that lump is nothing serious...
    Good luck with the guy, i hope it works out awesome for you two...

Tc
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Good news on the lumps, even better news on maintaining your weight, and best news of all on Annie, her projects and the new guy! Life is good.
  • shans34
    Good news on the lumps! Glad you have peace of mind! Hunger from drug side effects is the worst! Glad you made it through!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Yay great news!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Glad for the good news. Keep on keeping on!