What's for dinner???!!!!

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Vegetarian taco salad. Black beans instead of meat for protein.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    leftovers lol probably a sandwich. Last night was chicken pot pie.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    MsDavis99 wrote: »
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    Chicken Burrito Bowl (Burrito chicken, cilantro lime rice, corn salsa, sour cream and cheese)

ummm Chipotle...my fav!!!

Here's the kicker.....it's homemade! I figured out how to make Chipotle at home. :) I still love me some Chipotle, but this way I can have it more often and not have to bank calories to eat it!

What's the secret on the rice because mine does not seem to come out right lol

This is the recipe I use:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/chipotle-cilantro-lime-rice-4-pts/

I have never been good at cooking rice, it always came out mushy or gloppy. Recently, I started under cooking it by about a minute from what the box says and it comes out perfect now.

LOL sounds like me, I have to use the minute rice or don't make it at all, I am going to try this, thank you!

Yes! I do the same thing!
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Chicken. Always freaking chicken !
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Chicken. Always freaking chicken !

Oh, I hear ya, LOL!

Being the "maybe-retired" guy, I've taken over the kitchen duties, and am happy to feed the working family good stuff. But since they're all reduced-or-no-red-meat adherents, it's usually "50 Ways to Love Your Chicken." I tell them I feel as if I'm going to begin sprouting feathers in uncomfortable places, LOL.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I am going to have a chickpea-quinoa salad with a cashew-balsamic vinaigrette.
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Grilled chicken and roasted brussels sprouts
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Tonight is spaghetti. It's cold and rainy. Sounds like it will hit the spot. :)
  • MsDavis99
    MsDavis99 Posts: 101 Member
    tonight I'm going out since I will not get home until late. I think I'm going to have the delicious BBQ Chicken salad from this bar called Dukes. :smile:
  • jamskybly
    jamskybly Posts: 7 Member
    Cajun spiced chicken breast and sweet potatoes!
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    I'm a foodie and love to cook, but today I grabbed a prebagged meal from the Indian section of the grocery store. It was TastyBite vegetable tika masala...and it was delish! Low on sodium, great list of ingredients. I put it over cauliflower rice and have it a squirt or sriracha...all in for under 300 calories.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Had pizza tonight. Very unusual for me.

Now over my calorie goal!!
  • celestestar
    celestestar Posts: 41 Member
    Takeaway, i had a hot chicken roll from Red Rooster
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member

That sounds great! Would love the recipe if you don't mind sharing.
  • lporter229
    Tonight we are grilling a flank steak and making tacos in honor of cinco de mayo.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited May 2017
    lporter229 wrote: »

That sounds great! Would love the recipe if you don't mind sharing.

It's from the (amazing) cookbook "Appetite for Reduction" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. I found a blog post with the recipe: https://familyfriendlyveg.wordpress.com/2013/04/15/everyday-chickpea-quinoa-salad-with-balsamic-vinaigrette/

This is one of my favorite salads! If you don't mix in the romaine, it's perfect for meal prep. I just mix everything else and add the romaine right before I eat it.
  • lporter229
    Thanks!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Veggie pizza from the Costco food court. Take home, put in 500 degree oven on a holed pizza pan for 5 minutes. Sprinkle some red pepper flakes, garlic salt, and arugula on that. SO GOOD.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    We've missed our past couple of Friday night pizza nights, so we're getting back on track this evening...pizza and Ghost Busters...
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Probably a sandwich and scrambled eggs!