WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Replies

• gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Claudia SIFF sounds amazing. We have TIFF in Toronto but that is 4 hours away. We have a very small one in the town I live, only one weekend lol! I love the quality and diversity of films at these festivals. Have a great time!
    Welcome Elisha, Renee
    Margaret Wonderful news
    Jane I applaud your motivation
    Katie Congrats on a very significant NSV

So my pumps kept up through the night and still dry, it is raining lightly now and hope it stops soon. I think a move might be in our future too.

<3 Sarah 24tiz8wvowhr.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,023 Member
    Rori I too am looking forward to your visit.
    Margaret
  • HealthyLifestyleG525
    HealthyLifestyleG525 Posts: 64 Member
    Heather and Claudia thank you for the inside scoop on food in Italy! I won't have the option to cook my own food or have a mini fridge [bummer!] so I'm stuck with restaurant fare. We will be walking a lot, but I'm also going to plan ahead that I might gain a few pounds during that trip even while trying to eat moderately- just need to make sure my mother of the bride dress will fit for the wedding that happens almost as soon as I get back ;)

Paula Agreed dogs are great therapy!

Karen I love your white egret avatar

Mary I applaud your energy and determination

Regarding the talk on the colonoscopy, I had mine last year and they found and removed 2 polyps. My opinion is that is one of the benefits of going the colonoscopy route. But agreed - the prep for it is pretty awful! Lucky for me my insurance covered it because I have to have another one 3 years from the last one.

I got in 45 min on the stationary bike this morning - now off to a very inactive desk job. I finally am recovering from a bad cold and the work will be piled up I'm sure. And the scale says down 9.2 pounds YAY!

• HealthyLifestyleG525
    HealthyLifestyleG525 Posts: 64 Member
    Forgot to sign again

Renee from Chicagoland
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Good morning!!
    Arkansas is beautiful this morning!! It should be sunny and in the upper 70's. We will be drying out from all the storms. NE Arkansas is flooded bad; a lot of homes flooded up there. Prayers for them! <3
    Lanette I don't think I'll be out gardening in the nude!! Too chilly here too!!

Have a good day,
    Dana
    B)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    B)
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Finally found the group again after a few years! Hope to start posting again in June.
    Jeannie
    NM
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Gloria – We got the rain and the thunder/lightning big time yesterday afternoon & evening – reminded me of the Midwest – but not the winds. Sounds like you guys got pounded – hope your power is back on. :(

Pip - wow, sounds like your ride home was a doozy! Glad you made it OK, I bet traffic was a bugger.

Have a great day!

Lanette
    SW WA State

it was so much fun!!!, by the time i got home it looked like i took a shower. kirby didnt get any rain on his ride home. the only bummer was traffic was slow then i realized that a dog (husky) had been hit and people were out of the car moving him off of the road, so sad... probably got spooked cuz of the thunder and lightening...
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    DamitJanit wrote: »

Heather’s relationship with her difficult friend reminds me of a friend of mine. I do love her in many ways but she drives me batty. She is so self-centered and everything and everyone in her life is just “the best”, “the greatest”, “the most wonderful” that sometimes I can’t take it. She makes lots of money and can’t get through a conversation without letting it be known. Her children, grandchildren and others just have “the most wonderful jobs” in the world. They all live in the most spectacular homes and drive the greatest cars. Sometimes it just gets exhausting. She doesn’t look down on those with less but can’t help but brag. I do consider ending our friendship but can’t bring myself to do it.

DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC

DJ,

Your friend must be my friend too. Lol. My friend could brag for the US if it was an Olympic sport. And lest I forget any of the accomplishments of her kids, she repeats their major feats often. I doubt she could tell you much about me, but I could speak volumes about her... Yet, she is kind and would give me her last dollar if I needed it. I guess like most things, friendship is complicated.

Have a good day,
    Ann
    Alabama
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Rori & Kim: You are lucky to have met Kim in person & she is lucky to have met you. I agree with Janet from OKC. I am very lucky to have met you. The first time I met you was at the Denver Airport and you were a Guardian Angel full of help that I desperately needed. :heart:

Gloria: I hope you get power and heat soon. Looking for an apartment that is on higher ground might be an excellent idea. Do you know whether the apartment management folks have any plans to improve this situation? Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I worry about my adult children, too. Dogs are Guardian Angels sent to people who need them. My son is in a career that requires lots of travel. DDIL's dog is a constant companion and friend when he is away from home. He is her Guardian Angel, protecting her from loneliness and isolation. Shyness or choosing isolation from other people is a different challenge. Dogs don't make it worse and do ease loneliness. :heart:

machka: I just had an eye exam and ordered new glasses. They are no longer covered by insurance, and I will be shelling out about a thousand dollars. Gulp. :noway: I hope your situation is less costly. :flowerforyou:

We're off to the eye doctor for DH again this morning. this guy does laser surgery to get rid of extra blood vessels.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

• AnnofB
    Still no power and no estimate of time yet. Forgot to mention that the rain came so fast and furious that it flooded the back patio and breezeway flooding into the apt. Too dark to see how far in the carpet is wet. 2 times in past few months is 2 times too many. Could be a move in my future☹️

Oh wow. That's is awful. Do you have renters insurance? Is your landlord good when problems like this happen? Moving is a pita but worth it if you don't have to go through a flooded living room. Take care.

Ann
    Alabama
  • AnnofB
    Good morning!!
    Arkansas is beautiful this morning!! It should be sunny and in the upper 70's. We will be drying out from all the storms. NE Arkansas is flooded bad; a lot of homes flooded up there. Prayers for them! <3
    Lanette I don't think I'll be out gardening in the nude!! Too chilly here too!!

Have a good day,
    Dana
    B)

Hi Dana,

Arkansas certainly has had more than it's fair share of rain. Prayers for those affected by the storms. I'm in an area that has been in severe drought for year now. But, I think yesterdays storms and surely brought us out of drought status.

Lol about nude gardening. I'm won't participating either. Too many sharp implements and I don't want to tempt the mosquitos... ;)

Have a good day,
    Ann
    Alabama
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,283 Member
    edited May 2017
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rori & Kim: You are lucky to have met Kim in person & she is lucky to have met you. I agree with Janet from OKC. I am very lucky to have met you. The first time I met you was at the Denver Airport and you were a Guardian Angel full of help that I desperately needed. :heart:

Gloria: I hope you get power and heat soon. Looking for an apartment that is on higher ground might be an excellent idea. Do you know whether the apartment management folks have any plans to improve this situation? Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I worry about my adult children, too. Dogs are Guardian Angels sent to people who need them. My son is in a career that requires lots of travel. DDIL's dog is a constant companion and friend when he is away from home. He is her Guardian Angel, protecting her from loneliness and isolation. Shyness or choosing isolation from other people is a different challenge. Dogs don't make it worse and do ease loneliness. :heart:

machka: I just had an eye exam and ordered new glasses. They are no longer covered by insurance, and I will be shelling out about a thousand dollars. Gulp. :noway: I hope your situation is less costly. :flowerforyou:

We're off to the eye doctor for DH again this morning. this guy does laser surgery to get rid of extra blood vessels.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

Katla - OUCH on the cost of new glasses! Were they anything special? I was able to get a COBRA for vision care so DH and I will get our exams and another pair of glasses this year. Our vision hasn't changed much in the past few years- hopefully it won't for a while and these exams (plus frames and lenses) will do it for the foreseeable future.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Hi ladies. This is just a quick hello; today is graduation here and we have lots of activities to attend. So I will write more tomorrow. I do need to know what kind of dog Dolly is though! Best to all of you! Meg in Omaha