is it weird that...

Options
2»

Replies

• syousaf571
    syousaf571 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I watch cooking and baking shows while I workout, if I can't workout outside (because it's -20F or somethin').

i thought i was the only one who did thatt lol!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Not weird. I schedule my time at the gym to coincide with Supernatural reruns. Sam and Dean while I walk/jog.
    suzilla53 wrote: »
    Watched 10 seasons of Supernatural while on the treadmill,works for me!

So I'm not the only one! :lol:
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I watch cooking and baking shows while I workout, if I can't workout outside (because it's -20F or somethin').

I call that being slightly masochistic :tongue:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I can watch hockey on the treadmill, but not football. I have trouble watching something for the first time, but if i'm rewatching a show or movie, treadmill is great.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I can watch hockey on the treadmill, but not football. I have trouble watching something for the first time, but if i'm rewatching a show or movie, treadmill is great.

It's a bit of problem though during the Stanley Cup playoffs and a game goes to OT, because I feel obliged to stay on the treadmill until the game is over.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

It's a bit of problem though during the Stanley Cup playoffs and a game goes to OT, because I feel obliged to stay on the treadmill until the game is over.

My team didn't make the playoffs so my interest is pretty low. If the Oilers or Senators make it through the current round I may start watching. Besides, I'd rather go for a walk outside these days.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    No. Why would it be weird? I read while on the treadmill.
  • idabest777
    idabest777 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I schedule my cardio workouts to coincide with tv..reality shows are my favourite and during really good episodes i completely forget that I'm running
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE listening to loud, aggressive music while working out. But these days I listen to podcasts while lifting, and watch Anthony Bourdain's CNN show while on the bike.

I think I'm just getting old.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    probably makes the time go by faster..
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It's not weird at all, I watch movies when I work out at home. When I run outside I don't listen to music. I prefer hearing my feet and breath, and especially being able to hear cars.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Love doing the stationary bike with a TV show on my Ipad, then I know I worked out for 45 minutes, and know its time to move on to the next exercise!
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This is pretty much the only way I can do any gym cardio work (besides swimming of course). I like to get outside when I can, but when inside, tv is the only thing that keeps me from wanting to sacrifice myself to the treadmill belt.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I record certain shows that I'm only allowed to watch while doing the elliptical. It's very motivating and makes the time feel like it goes by much faster.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    syousaf571 wrote: »
    it is weird that i I watch shows while working out...like i dont slow down my workout or anything, but yea...I just cant do it with music cus it gets boring lmao. does anyone else do this?

*shrug*
    I don't think it's weird. I listen to podcasts over music :). It helps to keep my mind engaged.