Bread

Hi
I eat a lot of bread and u was wondering if people could recommend a good low calories alternative
Please and thank you

Replies

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    These are my go to.

4e7a97df-8778-47d1-8a15-2b42a3d27636_1.25881c60bfcd153d18a041b03d923d09.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    As in most things, moderation is your best bet. For my part, I eat what I like and mostly what I ate before, just in appropriate portions that fit my goals.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    I know some people who are doing the low carb thing use lettuce leaves around a burger instead of buns.

I love bread, but find it discouraging how many calories bagels have. I love them but they don't really keep me full, so it's hard to work them into my meals without going over my calories.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I've used sandwich thins, wraps, and pita bread to reduce calories a bit in the past. There are also some brands that have a 45-calorie per slice option. Just look around and see what's available in your area.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    I know some people who are doing the low carb thing use lettuce leaves around a burger instead of buns.

I love bread, but find it discouraging how many calories bagels have. I love them but they don't really keep me full, so it's hard to work them into my meals without going over my calories.
    Vegetables are a good alternative for some foods. Fewer calories, plus they have some good nutrients. Which one you'd use probably depends on how you'd serve be serving the bread. If you're using it in a sandwich type food, you can turn it into a wrap with lettuce leaves. If you'd serve the bread on a plate as more of a side dish, you could also try a vegetable like cauliflower. There are other options too.

• emmabradshaw10
    emmabradshaw10 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks wilk try dome of those idea when I found my lunch
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Have less of it - go for an open sandwich on one slice. Go for less quantity more quality - whole grains. Or just eat the bread and less of everything else.
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    I use tumaros wraps, they are low calorie and low carb and have different flavors