Sandy's OMAD Journal

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Stay away from sugar (includes fruit juices and bleached flour/rice), it agrevates my gout (a form of arthritis). It may help with your inflamation. Just allow slow release carbs (fruit/with fiber, whole grains, legumes, etc). Some people go keto to help with this..
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Agree with @blambo61 - stay away from sugar and carbs. When I indulge in these things, my body swells, my knees get bad, my old shoulder injury flares up.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, so I understand. I get all my carbs from fruit and chia seeds, veggies and potatoes, occasionally white rice and I've only had white breads twice in two weeks. My RA hasn't activated since starting OMAD and dropping my sugary coffee creamer, I drink straight black now. :)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    You're doing good. :smile:
  • wsandy8512
    Thanks mlkseyniha, with the eating, yes I am. The back, not so much. Think I'm caving today and going to a doctor. I'm up now because the pain is so bad, cannot imagine a six hour plane trip like this or even enjoying vacation without being in pain. I hate this, but OTCs aren't cutting it, especially at night. :-(
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Thanks mlkseyniha, with the eating, yes I am. The back, not so much. Think I'm caving today and going to a doctor. I'm up now because the pain is so bad, cannot imagine a six hour plane trip like this or even enjoying vacation without being in pain. I hate this, but OTCs aren't cutting it, especially at night. :-(

Absolutely get help for so much pain! I used to have back pain on planes, but found that I could prevent it by taking a large handful of aspirin before any plane trip. Not what I admit to anyone who would scold me for it! Especially not my doctor. But your pain sounds a lot worse than mine. I have a lot of crushed vertebrae in my lower back, from an ice skating fall when I was 16. Those smashed little discs give me problems - i.e. can't walk! - if I jar them when the plane is landing. So I now put my hands on the armrests and hold my butt off the seat during landing. No problems anymore!

• wsandy8512
    @amflautist OMG, that sounds awful regarding the smashed discs. I'm so sorry you live with pain like that. I don't blame for taking a handful of aspirin. Hope you don't mind if I borrow your armrest idea, sounds like a good thing to do!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    When do you leave Sandy?
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2017
    @1MADGIRL, Friday. Just got back from doctor a little bit ago. I got a steroid shot in the booty and flexeril. She thinks it'll get better in a couple of weeks but told me to come back again if it doesn't. Pain should be manageable in London. :-)

Edited to add: So happy my scale is spot on with Publix and doctor's office. So, I've actually dropped another pound since Friday. I hope it stays off. :-)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Hopefully you're on the mend now and congrats on another pound gone :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Good luck!
  • wsandy8512
    Thank you both :-)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    You're doing great! You have to take care of you. Hopefully your siatic pain lessens. Good job on the loss!
  • wsandy8512
    So close to "Onderland" now that I can almost taste it! Hoping I don't gain anything while on vacation, or if I do at least not much.

Happy Early Mother's Day to all you mom's out there!
    b9a0zg9mlcqd.png
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Your doing amazing!
  • Brendalea69
    Happy Mother's Day to you too <3 You are doing sooo good and you'll be in Onederland SOON!!! :)
  • wsandy8512
    Thanks @shans34 and @brendagaudette! I went shopping yesterday and I've dropped from 20 to 14, four inches off of my waist! It's Lane Bryant and Torrid, but it still made me happy :smile:
  • Brendalea69
    Thanks @shans34 and @brendagaudette! I went shopping yesterday and I've dropped from 20 to 14, four inches off of my waist! It's Lane Bryant and Torrid, but it still made me happy :smile:

That's AWESOME!!! :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member

So proud of you. Can't wait for the 100s for you :)
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member

Awesome @wsandy8512 .... Hope you are enjoying your trip and tc of your back pain... <3