New to OMAD and struggling

Replies

• leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    How are you doing?
  • Babygyrl17
    Babygyrl17 Posts: 49 Member
    The hunger pangs are a little better. Just giving my body time to adjust and aiming for less than 1500 calories. I weigh in this weekend, so hopefully I'll start losing again. I was losing consistently with 3 meals /day but really want to give OMAD a fair chance.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    As you lower your calories, your body will be compelled to kick you into fat-burning a bit more. That may have been the problem.
  • Babygyrl17
    I want to incorporate ACV with OMAD this week. Has anyone experienced dental injury/tooth erosion with ACV?
  • leveejohn
    edited April 2017
    I haven't noticed any. I dilute 2 tbs of ACV in a cup of grape juice, with a tsp of local raw honey.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Babygyrl17 wrote: »
    I want to incorporate ACV with OMAD this week. Has anyone experienced dental injury/tooth erosion with ACV?

No. Just brush about 20 minutes after consuming it if it worries you.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Pickle juice!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Yes, the tooth decay part worries me too. I tried checking the research for benefits of ACV. I must say I was surprised that this idea was not a total failure. It seems there ARE some benefits. Yet - yet - I'm not doing it.
  • Babygyrl17
    edited April 2017
    So a few updates along with a question about ACV. The hunger pains are significantly better and I'm down 1lb
  • Babygyrl17
    edited April 2017
    Sorry my post cut off... I finally purchased ACV and tried it with cranberry juice. I tried it before my meal but it was quite strong and burned going down so didn't finish it. Do you drink this before or during your meal? I may be sensitive since I don't drink but the acid was a bit much. Thoughts?
  • leveejohn
    Maybe try with a tsp of honey as well. I sip ACV/honey/grape juice throughout the meal, and I've come to like it
  • leveejohn
    What brand of ACV are you using?
  • Babygyrl17
    leveejohn wrote: »
    What brand of ACV are you using?

Bragg's. It really burned... Throat is still tingling. I'll try it again in a few days but with 1 tbsp.
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    I hope everything is going better for you. I have been doing OMAD for about 6 weeks, with strength training. It DOES get better, if you stick with it. Yesterday for example, I took my girls to breakfast before church at the donut shop, not even tempted. After church, headed to Toledo for a birthday party, BK first, not even tempted. At the party was all the normal party food, pizza, chips, dips, cake, ice cream, seriously, not tempted. When I got home I fixed myself something from the fridge and went to bed, that was 10:00. So all day was places where normally I would have eaten, but made it through no problem!!

Again, I hope you are doing better, just get through this phase and it will smooth out!!
  • Babygyrl17
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    I hope everything is going better for you. I have been doing OMAD for about 6 weeks, with strength training. It DOES get better, if you stick with it. Yesterday for example, I took my girls to breakfast before church at the donut shop, not even tempted. After church, headed to Toledo for a birthday party, BK first, not even tempted. At the party was all the normal party food, pizza, chips, dips, cake, ice cream, seriously, not tempted. When I got home I fixed myself something from the fridge and went to bed, that was 10:00. So all day was places where normally I would have eaten, but made it through no problem!!

Again, I hope you are doing better, just get through this phase and it will smooth out!!

Thanks. It's definitely getting better...
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Babygyrl17 wrote: »
    Sorry my post cut off... I finally purchased ACV and tried it with cranberry juice. I tried it before my meal but it was quite strong and burned going down so didn't finish it. Do you drink this before or during your meal? I may be sensitive since I don't drink but the acid was a bit much. Thoughts?

Dilute it more. I would use tbs acv to 6 tbs juice then chase it with water. helps if you don't breath while doing it! I just realized I like dill pickle juice and can drink it without chasing it and I like it, unlike any other way I've taken vinegar.
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Here's what I do for ACV. I make a faux kombucha drink of 1-2T ACV, 6 oz tea, a can of LaCroix flavored seltzer water, and a bit of raw honey. I put it in an 18 oz mason jar. Maybe that would work better for you.
  • Babygyrl17
    I had my first splurge day yesterday and gained 5lb today. I'm sure this is water weight from the sodium but has anyone else experienced this? I just hope it wasn't counterproductive.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yes I've gained 5 pounds from a splurge day and yes it's just water weight...I have had a splurge day once a week since my 2nd week of dieting and I'm on my 35th week and my overall loss average is 1.79 pounds per week :)
  • Babygyrl17
    Thanks Brenda! Yes I was really nervous about the splurge day but figured I'd shake things up since Ive been doing OMAD now for 6 weeks. I'll see how I make out by the end of the week.