You might want to reconsider who your "physical" role models

I don't know if this is the right place to post it and I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I do know that many women need to watch this video. If you're struggling with your weight and are looking to models or ads or the media for your inspiration ... you might want to change that. This video discusses reality vs. media and just how it affects our thoughts on our own body issues and self-esteem.

Watch the whole video. You'll be glad you did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTlmho_RovY&feature=player_embedded

Replies

• amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    bumping to watch latr cn't watch i at work :(
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Great video that puts "beauty" in perspective.

I can personally say that when I turn 12 years old I started looking at my body and comparing them to other girls and the media.

A must watch.

M.:heart:
  • lovelyfacex3
    lovelyfacex3 Posts: 68 Member
    It's crazy to see just how manipulated the visual media really is.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    wow this is really great

i really like cindy crawford here: "I wish i looked liked cindy crawford"
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Another good one that Dove Campaign for Real Beauty did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySgtLofMU5g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

She's right in "objectification" being the first step to violence. Lt. Grossman illustrates how our military used it to make sure we got the most bang per bullet in his book, "On Killing". Seriously, during the Civil War a SIGNIFICANT amount of men would load, aim, FAKE recoil or shoot above the enemy's head, then reload an already loaded weapon causing a perfectly functioning weapon to malfunction and eventually be discarded. By WWII, the enemies were Japs, slant-eyes & yellow-monkeys. Vietnam brought Charlie, Mid-East brought hajis, ragheads and sand ni&&ers. Enemy fatality rates skyrocketed. Women are no different.

What's interesting is that many women believe the ideal to be much skinnier that what men actually find attractive because of the fashion world, which is largely populated by men of "alternative orientation" who are trying to mimic THEIR ideal of young teenaged boys. How freaking BACKWARD is that?

Ladies, do yourself a huge favor and ignore the fashion ideal and start looking to evolutionary psychology for what's ideal specific to your race, locale & culture.