1Madgirl's weight loss journey

Replies

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    edited May 2017
    Today's motivation (google search online)

Look at her progress in just three months!!

jacx.png
    Source: https://mrsmamaelle.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/jacx.png
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited May 2017
    @1MADGIRL really good and realistic article below. If I were you, I'd consider trying to find an additional group here at MFP for muscle building. There are those who build muscle who do intermittent fasting whether they have a large window or even OMAD'ers around the web, maybe do a web search and then zero in on a group here at MFP. I want to gain muscle as well, and I'm no expert, but I do know what the majority say--you will need to eat a lot more to gain muscle. I'm still considered "obese" so my chances of gaining muscle are best while I'm still heavy, so to speak, because I have a lot of fat stored, haha.

You're in the BMI category of perfect or nearly perfect at 20%-22%. If any site or group you come across says you can gain a pound of muscle a week, stay away. Gaining lean muscle would be fantastic for you even if you are just shy of your personal goal because having lean muscle mass burns more calories and the rest of whatever smidgen of fat you have to lose, will naturally fall off with a really good strength training program. :-)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/412614-the-average-muscle-gain-per-month/
  • 1MADGIRL
    Thank you! how nice of you to find this article. It makes a lot of sense. Females would gain about 1 pound a month in the beginning. That seems reasonable. I'm following the Thinner, Leaner, Stronger programme to lose fat and gain muscle so the scale value should not be 1 pound increase a month due to the minor losses.
  • wsandy8512
    You're more than welcome. And best to you with the program you're following! :-)
  • wsandy8512
    BTW, that woman you posted looks awesome!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Hello!

I gained 3 pounds in one night but I did get my period today so it might be related. Glad to see my period back :) maybe now my stress levels are going down
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    I know all about stress! You will be fine, just keep being the best you can. I love that article, I too search for motivation and look at those types of articles and success stories!
  • 1MADGIRL
    :)

So - my body has decided that belly and lower abdomen's time to lose now. Which is all good but still waiting for it to decide to choose hips and thighs!
  • wsandy8512
    Woohoo, how nice of your body to decide to let go of unwanted abdominal fat! Your hips and thighs will catch up, eventually. :-)
  • 1MADGIRL
    haha i guess its taken enough from the chest area (grrr :( )

hehe

btw does anyone know how to measure body fat? are calipers reliable? i'd love to know where I'm at.
  • andyvedz
    andyvedz Posts: 22 Member
    the most reliable calculator I've found online is this: http://www.sevenmealsaday.com/pages/bodyfat.asp

It's still just a calculator though, so calipers would probably be more reliable if done right:)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    1MADGIRL wrote: »

So - my body has decided that belly and lower abdomen's time to lose now. Which is all good but still waiting for it to decide to choose hips and thighs!

Our bodies have their own plan I guess ;)
  • 1MADGIRL
    andyvedz wrote: »
    the most reliable calculator I've found online is this: http://www.sevenmealsaday.com/pages/bodyfat.asp

It's still just a calculator though, so calipers would probably be more reliable if done right:)

Thank you!!
  • 1MADGIRL

Our bodies have their own plan I guess ;)

They like to show us who is really boss LOL
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    haha i guess its taken enough from the chest area (grrr :( )

hehe

btw does anyone know how to measure body fat? are calipers reliable? i'd love to know where I'm at.

After being in the Army for 20 years, we always use a tape to calculate BF. Here is an online calculator I still use.

http://www.calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html?ctype=standard&csex=m&cage=21&cheightfeet=6&cheightinch=0&cneckfeet=1&cneckinch=4.5&cwaistfeet=3&cwaistinch=0&cwaistfeetf=3&cwaistinchf=0&chipfeet=2&chipinch=10.5

I have heard calipers are the most accurate though.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Thank you :) I meet the criteria apparently :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Hi!

I gained two pounds lately. Hope it goes away soon! I want to start maintenance hehe. I'm good at maintenance (I think)

Started bench pressing 32 pounds and squatting 52 pounds. I know it doesn't seem like much but I'm proud to have gotten here :)
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Hi!

I gained two pounds lately. Hope it goes away soon! I want to start maintenance hehe. I'm good at maintenance (I think)

Started bench pressing 32 pounds and squatting 52 pounds. I know it doesn't seem like much but I'm proud to have gotten here :)

Great work, I subscribe to the theory that heavy compound lifts fight weight loss as good as, if not better than cardio.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    Hi!

Great work, I subscribe to the theory that heavy compound lifts fight weight loss as good as, if not better than cardio.

If anything else, heavy lifting tones our muscles. if we lose the weight without toned muscle, it still won't look good (in my opinion :) )
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    Hi!

@1MADGIRL you should be proud.. great job on lifting.. :)