Amflautist's accountability thread

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    @amflautist, nothing to be ashamed about, we all have setbacks. Best to you next week! :smile:
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    My daughter told me this is how most athletes lose races. They get ahead, then start feeling great, sure of themselves, cocky -- and they let up on the pressure. When they do that, they lose the race. She and her teammates won 2 olympic golds by never letting up on the pressure.

When I saw my weight drop into the 180's, I was so proud of myself! And every evening as I was snacking on crappy bread and crackers, I KNEW I ought to be keeping the pressure on. Which is why I don't have an Olympic gold in one of my drawers. Yes, this is a very stressful time for me - in a panic to get my software in shape for the presentation in Germany. But that is no excuse. I need to play a better game.

I need to be here!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Good luck ! :) If it helps, plan your meals beforehand. :D you're doing great though. Just get back on it :)
  • amflautist
    Thank you Brenda, Sandy, 1Madgirl, thank you for the encouragement.

Weight this AM 191.8
    Yesterday lots of roast chicken + chicken curry, cheese, lettuce, tomato.
    Planning ahead ... today will be a water fast.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    amflautist wrote: »
    OMAD
    1st Goal = 172 (weight when I wrecked my knee)
    Wk .. Weight ... Chg ... Total
    0 .... 195.8
    1 .... 193.8 ..... -2.0 ..... -2.0
    2 .... 191.4 ..... -2.4 ..... -4.4
    3 .... 190.0 ..... -1.4 ..... -5.8
    4 .... 188.2 ..... -1.8 ..... -7.6
    5 .... 192.4 ..... +4.2 ..... -3.4

Evenings. Crackers and butter. Bread and jam. Ashamed of myself.

What is there to be ashamed of? You lost 3.4 lbs! Don't beat yourself up!
  • amflautist
    Thank you @blambo61. When I have recovered a bit more, I am going to post my weight graph. It's not pretty...
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    I had a pretty bad gain last week! Just makes me more determined! Don't lose hope, fight back! We got this
  • amflautist
    edited May 2017
    Thank you everyone, for all the encouragement. I will weigh in tomorrow, presumably the news won't be all bad. I'm down a pound right now, even after having a houseguest for 4 days, and giving a dinner party on Saturday.
  • amflautist
    OMAD
    1st Goal = 172 (weight when I wrecked my knee)
    Wk .. Weight ... Chg ... Total
    0 .... 195.8
    1 .... 193.8 ..... -2.0 ..... -2.0
    2 .... 191.4 ..... -2.4 ..... -4.4
    3 .... 190.0 ..... -1.4 ..... -5.8
    4 .... 188.2 ..... -1.8 ..... -7.6
    5 .... 192.4 ..... +4.2 ..... -3.4
    6 .... 191.4 ..... -1.0 ..... -4.4
  • wsandy8512
    Hooray, another pound down! Very happy for you. :)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Great job!
  • blambo61
    Good job!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Awesome! Good job :smiley:
  • 1MADGIRL
    Awesome!
  • amflautist
    Thank you everyone. I will be gone for 8 days - off to Germany. Will be late checking in next week - not home until late Wednesday night. Might wait until Friday morning for a weigh in. Can't imagine what stepping on the scales just a few hours after such a long plane trip. See you then.
  • wsandy8512
    Have a wonderful trip!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Have a great time :)
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    amflautist wrote: »
    Thank you everyone. I will be gone for 8 days - off to Germany. Will be late checking in next week - not home until late Wednesday night. Might wait until Friday morning for a weigh in. Can't imagine what stepping on the scales just a few hours after such a long plane trip. See you then.

Forget about the scale and enjoy your trip!! :):smile:
  • amflautist
    Just a quick sign in and message from Bremen. (Home of the famous Town Musicians of Bremen - a donkey, a dog, a cat and a rooster).

I read that fasting was a good way to overcome jet lag. Don't eat during the day of your (overnight) flight, go to bed without eating at your destination, get up the next morning with the sun and have a nice breakfast. I tried it. My last meal at home, in upstate NY, was Thursday night. My flights were Friday, overnight Friday, arriving Saturday afternoon in Bremen. I didn't have a meal until this morning - breakfast at 7AM on Monday in Germany. Which is about 1AM on Monday in NY. Actually I didn't make it through the fast without cheating. You know those mini-bars in hotel rooms? They had a little bag of peanuts sitting out. I tried to ignore those peanuts all day Saturday, but, truth be told, I ate that bag of peanuts Saturday night. So not a complete water fast. Instead, a coffee fast of ~80 hours, with a bag of too-salty peanuts in the middle. I need a tactic for ignoring stupid minibar crap. But hey, I was not even tempted by the candy bars!!

Breakfast was something else! I couldn't eat that much. Couldn't eat more than a small bite of the smoked salmon that I normally love - too salty and not very fresh tasting. But a bit of scrambled egg, with some luscious cold tomatoes and mushrooms. And oh how good that cut-up fruit was! I estimate about 400 calories in all. Just hope I didn't overdo it, because I now get on the tram and go to the business where I make a presentation. Can't afford to spend much time in the bathroom!

I'm liking the new me with a smaller stomach and more discriminating taste buds.
  • blambo61
    Nice report. Congrats on many fronts!