• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    The field is open. Get cracking!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    nicoleisme wrote: »
    This is years later..Haha. But meh, I read the book and liked it. I don't get everyone's problem with it. It's not like a juice cleanse. You are eating real food and getting rid of things that your body can have negative reactions to, like dairy etc. For me, I'm on day 3 and it's hard but I feel like it's worth it and this is the longest I've stuck to any kind of healthy eating plan. I say if it works for you AWESOME. Screw the people who are negative. If they don't like it, they don't have to do it. It's not like you can't have fast food ever again, its 10 days of making your body less addicted to junk. It's not all that new of an idea, but I personally like having a specific plan and think the book is worth it. I didn't even pay for it, just borrowed it. Its a good guideline at the very least and good motivation.
    Thing is, it's not. More than anything else, the body has no preference for any kind of food due to an "addiction". The body takes WHATEVER it's given and digests it and uses it. That's it. It can't tell the difference between a steak and a burger or bread and a potato. That would be on the PERCEPTION of the consumer more than anything else.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    sigh, I'll never tire of detox posts.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Why hasn't anyone ever come up with an 11 day diet? :o

Attention spans are too short
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Definitely go ahead and do the detox. You'll feel so much better when you release the hold sugar and other crap has on you. Your body does not naturally detox. These people are wrong. What they are saying is like telling an alcoholic to "just drink less, you'll be fine" NO. You need to break the hold these toxic foods have on your body.
    Your mother is right. Isn't she always? Doncha hate that?

You have never met an addict. Alcoholics become PHYSICALLY addicted to alcohol. People who like sugar .....merely like something a lot.

Physical withdrawal symptoms for alcoholics...
    Whole body: shakiness, sweating, or loss of appetite
    Behavioral: agitation, restlessness, or irritability
    Gastrointestinal: nausea or vomiting
    Also common: fast heart rate, tremors, anxiety, disorientation, headache, insomnia, nervousness, or seizures

Does your body shake when you don't eat sugar for 24 hours? Do you start vomiting? "Addiction" can be a popular buzzword....something to soothe yourself with. I'm not responsible because I'm addicted to sugar.....it's not my fault because I'm addicted to sugar. I love sugar.....I am fat because I eat too much. My being fat is MY fault. I am responsible.

Look up the Bob savor scene from half baked, he gives a true picture of addiction.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,983 Member
    Options
    nicoleisme wrote: »
    This is years later..Haha. But meh, I read the book and liked it. I don't get everyone's problem with it. It's not like a juice cleanse. You are eating real food and getting rid of things that your body can have negative reactions to, like dairy etc. For me, I'm on day 3 and it's hard but I feel like it's worth it and this is the longest I've stuck to any kind of healthy eating plan. I say if it works for you AWESOME. Screw the people who are negative. If they don't like it, they don't have to do it. It's not like you can't have fast food ever again, its 10 days of making your body less addicted to junk. It's not all that new of an idea, but I personally like having a specific plan and think the book is worth it. I didn't even pay for it, just borrowed it. Its a good guideline at the very least and good motivation.

Perhaps get back to us when you have been on a plan that is sustainable for more than 3 days.

Me personally - been on an eat " a reasonably balanced diet in appropriate portions" plan for 4 years and still going strong.

and my body has no negative reactions to dairy so no need to detox from them - if it did, I would, you know, just stop consuming dairy foods :s