Pro Tip: Just Don't Drink

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I'll do wut I want. :drinker:
    It has not stopped my goals at all.

this is me...

I drink when I want and how much I want...keep in mind I don't want to every night...never got that...exercise does my stress relief.

But to your point yes drinking less alcohol would result in easier weight loss unless you filled those calories with food.
  • Jim_1000
    Jim_1000 Posts: 52 Member
    Molson 67 IPA (the non India Pale Ale tastes like carbonated water :( ) 3% alcohol and only 70 Cal B) It's kind of like synthahol, when you stop drinking it you get sober right away! LOL! I do agree that the more I drink the less willpower I have to avoid snacking.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    just where is the "Pro Tip" in this...your a pro? jus curious.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    I have to agree with the OP here. It does not matter if I factor in my alcohol calories to my daily goal or not, when I drink alcohol, it temporarily slows my rate of weight loss. I can feel the bloat the next day, a little more sluggishness and I invariably will see the scale edge up for the next couple of days. I can drink a couple of nights a week while in maintenance mode if I am working out five days a week and not see a gain overall, but while trying to lose weight, drinking is a real detriment for me.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    I don't know all the science behind it - but the group of RD's that I work with has us log alcohol as a combo of carbs and fat because of how your body metabolizes it

so instead of those empty calories) that aren't accounted for by the carbs, convert those calories to fat - it was an eye-opener for me
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    fenderman9 wrote: »
    Molson 67 IPA (the non India Pale Ale tastes like carbonated water :( ) 3% alcohol and only 70 Cal B) It's kind of like synthahol, when you stop drinking it you get sober right away! LOL! I do agree that the more I drink the less willpower I have to avoid snacking.

Slemans Clear is 70 calories and 4% (I think it has as much as "reg" beer) and could compete with Moosehead light or Coors light for taste.

I like the new Moose light raddlers (watermelon) 112 calories I think.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    The laws have recently changed in my state and a growing number of people are turning to a different and non-caloric plant for intoxication. It's sold in retail stores just like any other product. I've heard it makes people hungry for things like Doritos, other people say that's a myth. I don't know. But it's good that people have choices.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    The laws have recently changed in my state and a growing number of people are turning to a different and non-caloric plant for intoxication. It's sold in retail stores just like any other product. I've heard it makes people hungry for things like Doritos, other people say that's a myth. I don't know. But it's good that people have choices.

I've heard people refer to that as a "zero calorie buzz." That's true, until said hunger kicks in. It's funny how much less one might care when they are in that state of mind. Not that I'd know.
  • Fit4evrGRL
    Fit4evrGRL Posts: 7 Member
    Oh geez! I cannot even remember the last time I had a alcoholic beverage. I gave it up.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I like a drink at weekends and make it fit my goal no problem.

To each their own
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    ksz1104 wrote: »
    When I no longer have a toddler, I'll stop drinking

Amen.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    This is something everyone needs to decide for themselves and shows what is possible with awareness through logging/tracking calories. I prefer to use ~200 cals/day for a good craft ale, but as long as it fits in my budget - I'm good.

I think it's great that you came to this realization and trading one activity for another.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Scotch, wine and beer every evening. Most mornings I get up at 4:30 AM and run. If I run less than 15 miles a week I gain weight and id I run 25 or more I lose weight. I cut back to just a couple of glasses of wine for a week and didn't lose any weight. I decided screw this and went back to my old routine and have lost about 6 pounds. Go figure. And yes I know if I were to remove all those calories I would lose weight but I enjoy the stress relief of drinking in the evening. I will eventually work on cutting back again.