How to get rid of that last bit of stomach fat ?!

I've been using My Fitness Pal for almost 4 months now and have been working out 3-5 days a week since December 2016. I started at 208 lbs and my goal was to get down to a healthy weight for my height which would be about 180-185 lbs. When I first started to workout out in December I wasn't seeing the results I was hoping for so I decided a diet was needed. So I started a well balance diet using My fitness Pal since the beginning of February 2017, today I am down to 186lbs. I don't cheat with my diet, I run a few days a week, I do resistance training/ intense ab workouts 3 days a week(P90X-ab ripper X) and HITT occasionally. How do i lose that last bit of fat around the stomach? Any new information/help would be appreciated!

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Keep going. Really, that's it. Belly fat is often the last place to go.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    You have you keep losing weight (fat). No exercises will help. Tighten up your logging!
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    That's an easy question to answer. You burn more calories than you eat. No different than losing the fat you've already lost. There is no way to target a specific area of the body for fat loss. Your body will take fat from places on your body however it's genetically predisposed to do. As someone else pointed out, a lot of us have genetics that dictate stomach fat is burned last so you may just have to lose all the fat in other areas before the belly fat goes.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Visceral fat is the hardest and normally the last to go.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2017
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    Visceral fat is the hardest and normally the last to go.

Visceral fat is the fat inside your abdominal cavity around your organs, and is often the first to go. The stubborn fat around your midsection (which is usually the last to go) is subcutaneous fat.

As to the OP's question, there is no such thing as spot reduction. You just have to keep at your calorie deficit and it will eventually go - but as others have said, it is often the very last and most stubborn fat to get rid of.