Feelings

Replies

• cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    This is how you know there were feelings hurt in that thread:

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for closing this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, age, weight, body-type, disability, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this closed discussion may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Nova
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Oh you'll get this thread shut down for quoting the mods. That's a huge no no....you know sensitivity issues.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Or edit real quick and say "I'm just kidding"
  • Just_J_Now

lol..this made me chuckle.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    J_Surita3 wrote: »

lol..this made me chuckle.

I did that once.
    I edited and I said "mod, I'm just kidding, please don't ban me".
  • Just_J_Now
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    This is how you know there were feelings hurt in that thread

And your feelings were hurt by it, so you had to post it and respond. So far your point is moot really.

Everyone has emotional responses. Some more than others. You just want to judge people on the level of it.

good-job44.gif
  • cahubbard6421
    To be honest, I wouldn't care if they banned me. I come on here to BS with you guys but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't get hurt feelings. I've noticed a lot of posts here that seem overly sensitive all the time.

Does this bother you?

Have you considered exploring the psychology behind that?

Could be a form of deflection, I'm thinking?

Also, if you don't care what people think of you why did you make sure to ask people not to post their thoughts about you? Sometimes what we wonder about other people is actually more indicative of what *we're* thinking. A mirror, sort of.

I do love psychology. Just a thought.

It also might be worth exploring why you would see any snarkiness as hurt feelings, including when people are just randomly poking fun at a person who really is kind of acting like a jerk. It doesn't take hurt feelings to do this, at all. So once again, interestingly, your questions may just reveal more about your own inner workings than anything else. Again, just my thoughts. And no, I'm actually not being snotty there, :D I really do find psychology fascinating, but only if you peel away the layers rather than looking for surface answers or the obvious.
  • LAWoman72
    edited May 2017
    Go into the message for older men lol

Yes, I've been there, as you've seen. It was pretty much a you-know-what storm of obviously prior personality run-ins, barking at women even though it was men initially who protested the idea (to his credit, OP waited patiently for the inevitable - the opposite sex chiming in too), and other clickbait.
  • LAWoman72
    White knights come to the aid of a popular forum personality = feelings hurt.

White knights are sexy. ;)
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    I can only sum it up by mean people exist! Do not feel bad, in the last week I had 3 mean spirited comments that I just felt sorry for them and smiled.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Welp. You asked for it....and you got it. Have fun with it. ;)
    https://youtu.be/CyBcHUe4WeQ
  • cahubbard6421
    Just the responses I was looking for.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Leenizi129 wrote: »
    I can only sum it up by mean people exist! Do not feel bad, in the last week I had 3 mean spirited comments that I just felt sorry for them and smiled.

3 in a week? Geez I got more than 3 on a phone call this afternoon and it was my mom wishing me a happy Mother's Day weekend.

I don't know why this made me laugh so much.
  • LAWoman72
    Just the responses I was looking for.

You're welcome. :)
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I had an ex who used to tell me if my feelings were hurt that it was my fault for choosing to feel that way. It's kinda true, but still confuses me to think about.