1 litre of water first thing in the morning

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    I chug two 16 oz glasses of water first thing in the morning because I am thirsty. I don't think it has any special powers.

I usually drink that water and then go downstairs and drink 8 oz of milk plus 24 oz of coffee. Then if I workout I drink another 32ish oz. of water. All before 8 a.m.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    jla2425 wrote: »
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Staying hydrated is a good thing - but no way does it boost your metabolism by 24%. Drinking lots of water makes me pee.....is that the "clearing out" you're referencing?

http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/benefits-of-drinking-water-on-an-empty-stomach/#gref

https://www.davidwolfe.com/drink-water-first-morning-5-reasons/

These were two sources that i read about boosting metabolism. I am not entirely sure if accurate lol. Also it clears both #1 and #2 completely you will have to go but not in a bad way like the runs or something. It will just remove excess sludge in the colon. Sorry if thats TMI.

David Wolfe is a con man and a quack. Sorry, drinking a litre of water does not boost your metabolism.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    what if I drink a liter of vodka in the morning, does my metabolism go up 50%?

Only if you wear an ushanka.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    what if I drink a liter of vodka in the morning, does my metabolism go up 50%?

I'd be willing to be a test dummy for this, I can'gt promise the full litre but I'll try my best in the name of science
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    I chug two 16 oz glasses of water first thing in the morning because I am thirsty. I don't think it has any special powers.

I usually drink that water and then go downstairs and drink 8 oz of milk plus 24 oz of coffee. Then if I workout I drink another 32ish oz. of water. All before 8 a.m.

oh my lord~ dats a lot of liquids
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    I usually drink 32 ounces firs thing in the morning. I am dehydrated after not drinking all night, and it helps to wake me up. Then I have coffee.

I think the water is a very healthy habit for numerous reasons, though I seriously doubt it has any significant impact on metabolism (there is a very slight temporary impact...that is true...but not enough to make a difference in weight loss)
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Why would you think "stylecraze" is a good scientific source?

Pro tip: There are no secrets. Just CICO.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2017
    To put it nicely, David "Avocado" Wolfe is a nutbag. Definitely not a source you want to consider valid for any kind of information pertaining to health, nutrition....or, well, just about anything else either.

And no - a liter of water in the morning won't do anything but make you have to pee a lot. "Cleansing" is a scam and water doesn't increase your metabolism.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I'd puke. No. I get plenty of water from my morning coffees.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    AliceDark wrote: »
    It's weird that both articles reference it boosting your metabolism by 24% without any citation (very specifically not 23% or 25%). That should be a red flag for you right there. If that were true or backed up by any kind of research, it shouldn't be a problem for either article to point to some kind of source for the claim.

OMG I love your profile pic. =)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    David Wolfe also says that chocolate "lines up planetarily with the sun" and that it's "an octave of sun energy" and that it's the male energy that comes down out of the center of the sun. So, yeah. Not a reliable source of information. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv4wRtURwZw

He also thinks the earth is flat. I think his "water" may have some added ingredients....they perhaps increase metabolism and help with weight loss.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    David Wolfe is the last person you want to be listening to.

David Wolfe who thinks gravity if toxic and solar panels are draining the sun? I wouldn't trust a word from his mouth.
    CiAWiz3WwAAZzV1.jpg

Wait - what? For real??
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

David Wolfe who thinks gravity if toxic and solar panels are draining the sun? I wouldn't trust a word from his mouth.
    CiAWiz3WwAAZzV1.jpg

So what this is essentially saying is that the sun will turn off like a light switch if we take too much of it's energy ?? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this one...

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    I like a glass of water in the morning, but 1 litre of it first thing in the morning just makes me cringe. I have a hard enough time trying to down 500 ml in the morning before an ultrasound ... drinking that much water while I'm getting ready to dash out the door to work is hard enough, but 15 minutes later ... in the middle of my bus ride ... ouch.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member

CiAWiz3WwAAZzV1.jpg

So what this is essentially saying is that the sun will turn off like a light switch if we take too much of it's energy ?? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this one...

You heard about this didn't you?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/north-carolina-town-petrified-over-solar-panels-accused-of-being-the-dumbest-in-us/news-story/93c84889b4c50b73d0b1e01e3ae08249

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

CiAWiz3WwAAZzV1.jpg

You heard about this didn't you?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/north-carolina-town-petrified-over-solar-panels-accused-of-being-the-dumbest-in-us/news-story/93c84889b4c50b73d0b1e01e3ae08249

Oh jeez. That's the first I've heard of it :noway:

• mhussain790
    mhussain790 Posts: 5 Member
    Water intake should be spread out throughout the day so drinking 1 liter in the morning might not be too beneficial at all. Your kidneys can handle too much water in one sitting so that's something you should watch out for. Also, water doesn't really have too much of an impact on metabolism.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    mph323 wrote: »

CiAWiz3WwAAZzV1.jpg

Wait - what? For real??

Yes, he's really that derpy. And then some.