Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

mistymeadows2005
mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
Hi guys! Not new to OMAD but new to the group (sorta, I've been floating around for like 2 weeks).
I loved the idea that y'all encourage each person to have a thread so I thought I'd make one! A little history for ya:
Highest Weight - 244 (2003)
Lowest Weight - 148 (2009)
Current Weight - 211 (before getting back on OMAD a few weeks ago)

I used to do OMAD/various forms of IF, but had a ROUGH year-year and a half and went back up to 211. I am doing OMAD 5 days a week, 1 water fast day, and 1 semi-fast day (I do OMAD but VERY low cal on that day...essentially it's a 60 hour fast instead of a 48 hours fast, but at 48 hours I do 50-200 cals of low cal/low carb veggies, pickles, and/or chicken broth to make me "feel" like I'm eating dinner LOL). Just re-commited to OMAD and IF and am VERY excited with my results so far! Here's my little log thingy :)

Starting 5/1/17

Week 1: -7.6 pounds (11 days, this was as of yesterday)
Week 2: stay tuned, weigh in on 5/17

Love the posts guys, keep em comin'! They're my entertainment! :)

Replies

• dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Glad you decided to start your own thread :) look forward to seeing your results :grin:
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Sounds like you have some real dedication and a plan in place! Good luck
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome and good luck :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Welcome Misty!

Love the plan! Great loss for a week as well! :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Fingers crossed you'll come to onederland (in the 100's) :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Hi Steph and well done!
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited May 2017
    Thanks guys! Can't wait for next Weds weigh in! We have team lunch at work today so my OMAD will be lunch (normally it's dinner) - I'm good with it and it'll give me a slightly longer fast between todays meal and tomorrow's which is always nice. I get a lot more done when I'm fasted in the morning, especially on the weekends!!!

On a complete side note, I taught my mama how to make cauliflower pizza crust last night....drum roll please....IT WAS A HIT! She loved it! I recently intro-ed her to Spaghetti Squash too and now she's obsessed LOL. Love those little calorie saving hacks that are just as delicious!
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Welcome to the group, it sounds like you have a great plan!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welp...friday went great... Had 2 pieces of pizza and some salad at lunch at work w the team. Yesterday's omad was epic! Forgot to take pics (must work on that)... I had 2 steak and veggie fajitas w guacamole, strawberries with reddiwhip, som ice cream made out of banana w chocolate syrup and some mnms... And a few dill pickles... And a good sized cocktail w crystal light. It was awesome!

Woke up not even hungry and looking slimmer in the mirror!

This week I'm going to split up my fasting days and do Tues and Fri... This actually works out to more hours fasting total for the week AND means I won't need to break the fast on the morning which is inconvenient for work lol... Ill keep y'all updated and fill u in on the weds weigh in!

Happy mothers day to all the fellow mama's out there!
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited May 2017
    My mother's day omad consisted of 2 pork ribs, 8 Oz skin on chicken thighs, a baked potato with sour cream, some steamed green beans, a salad w tomatoes and cucs with homemade ranch, and half a bag of skittles...total cals around 1600... Now if I can just figure out how to post a picture we'll be on good shape :D
  • mistymeadows2005
    newmeadow wrote: »
    That all sounds like some seriously tasty American chow. You have good taste in food :smile:

Thank you so much! I love to cook.... Ill post the picture tomorrow
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    We now have two meadows in the forums.
  • Brendalea69
    We now have two meadows in the forums.

LOL!!!
  • Brendalea69
    You're doing great!!! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    You're doing great!!! :)

Thanks Brenda!

Unfortunately, it does not seem to want to let me post my picture(s) - I'll keep trying, stay tuned.
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    mhrnd9dst56l.jpg

There we go!

That looks yummm!!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Looks Delicious!!! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Looks Delicious!!! :)

OMG it was! I love omad bc I can plan my meal all day and really think about/have what I want! Weigh in weds after my first 48 hour fast of the week tomorrow! WOOT WOOT!
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    That looks great! I did ribs on Saturday, came out perfect.