Motivated May 2017: Week 2 (5/8-5/14)

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    baconslave wrote: »
    5/10:
    40 min Superset Sculpt from Jessica Smith

As I suspected, the Zip wasn't catching all my steps. It's frustrating to not be able to log activity as what it is though. The thing autorecognizes...it recognized my strength training as a 30 min walk. But the calorie burn looked about right so I let it be. I'm still figuring things out. Annnnyyyyway...

My Flex 2 does the same thing. I go into MFP and create an exercise under cardiovascular that matches the time and calorie burn and then sync MFP to Fitbit and it corrects the entry on my Fitbit. Maybe you could try that?

nutfjfhmzqmn.png
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    15 pushups in and 4.25 miles walked, mostly at the gym because of weather.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    1 regular pushup
    15 knee pushups
    25 second plank
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Oh I'm also still managing to stay vlc and my calories are at a hard limit of 1850. I set it at active and I don't eat any exercise calories back.

Does that sound like a reasonable goal?
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    I've been at around 1,500 cals, 20 net carbs since March 8. Last week I added Level One 30 Day Shred 3x a week. My weight has been very even since I started exercising (2 weeks) & I'm concerned I'm exercising my calories too low & slowed my metabolism accidentally. Is there a threshold where that happens? Or is it, like most of this stuff, very individual? I didn't think the exercise was that intense but...it could also be I've plateaued in the regular way where my body is shifting around & adjusting & the weight will eventually drop again. I've still got at least 40 pounds to go so it's not that I'm close. I don't want to waste weeks at the wrong calorie count but I guess that's kinda how this works as we all find what works for us? There's a lot of waiting in dieting lol!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Hello all! So I'm checking in. I've been off from work the past two days, but still somehow managed to do my push-ups yesterday. I'm eager to weigh...but will not give in.

On a good note, after having a uni-boob for almost three years as the result of only wearing stretched out sports bras, I finally got a couple of new T-shirt underwire bras! Woot WOOT for nice titties! At least under cover. ;)

Yay for the ta-tas!
    Oh I'm also still managing to stay vlc and my calories are at a hard limit of 1850. I set it at active and I don't eat any exercise calories back.

Sounds ideal to me. :mrgreen:

5/11:
    So...did my regular yard stomp for an hour. It was of course interrupted by the kids and hubby. Hubby needed me to help him stack some firewood. So it ended up being 11min longer. The ChargeHR2 says my calorie burn for my trudging up and down the hills for an hour is 463 calories! I never knew what to log it as, since I'm not walking super fast, and I didn't think the "hiking" entry was right to describe my foot-generated crop circles. Looks like it's a fairly good burn, no? This is why I wanted the thing. Because I think I've been undereating by too much for 2 long and that's why the scale is being a turd, other than the fact that scales are just turds in general.

This weekend I'm...going camping!!! W00t!!! So as of 5pm I'll be ghost. The campground has wifi at the Ranger office, but it's spotty. Otherwise there's no cell service, but I have no data plan anyway. So I might be able to check in, or I might not.

I'm still sneaking in a strength workout before I go. lifting_weights_2011.gif

What are you all getting into this weekend?

• LowCarb4Me2016
    So far this weekend the only things I've got planned is a trip to Aldi, a boatload of laundry, and a Leslie Sansone DVD and/or a trip to the gym because its supposed to be rainy. I'm so looking forward to taking a hike through our local arboretum but its just been too rainy or muddy for me.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited May 2017
    5/9-rest/no housework
    5/10-lazy/no housework
    5/11-Iso Speed Hammer workout. A little housework.

Check on weight maintenance this week.

Weekend plans: A graduation party I might drop in on. Errands/shopping with my mom. I guess a few Mother's Day stop at mom's and MIL. I'd love to fit in a run. Also a dinosaur thing at the armory that I'm thinking of taking my favorite little lady to see. Not sure that'll happen either. lol
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    edited May 2017
    5/11 kettle bell workout in the morning in the evening. Walk my dog in the afternoon and did my push-ups. Carbs and calories were good!
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    edited May 2017
    Got through the last of my goal of 150 minutes this morning! I have a meeting tomorrow morning at 11, then have to be at work at 2:30 until 11.... So the gym is likely unfortunately not an option. But at least I got through my time for this week!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    baconslave wrote: »
    Hello all! So I'm checking in. I've been off from work the past two days, but still somehow managed to do my push-ups yesterday. I'm eager to weigh...but will not give in.

On a good note, after having a uni-boob for almost three years as the result of only wearing stretched out sports bras, I finally got a couple of new T-shirt underwire bras! Woot WOOT for nice titties! At least under cover. ;)

Yay for the ta-tas!

Sounds ideal to me. :mrgreen:

5/11:
    So...did my regular yard stomp for an hour. It was of course interrupted by the kids and hubby. Hubby needed me to help him stack some firewood. So it ended up being 11min longer. The ChargeHR2 says my calorie burn for my trudging up and down the hills for an hour is 463 calories! I never knew what to log it as, since I'm not walking super fast, and I didn't think the "hiking" entry was right to describe my foot-generated crop circles. Looks like it's a fairly good burn, no? This is why I wanted the thing. Because I think I've been undereating by too much for 2 long and that's why the scale is being a turd, other than the fact that scales are just turds in general.

This weekend I'm...going camping!!! W00t!!! So as of 5pm I'll be ghost. The campground has wifi at the Ranger office, but it's spotty. Otherwise there's no cell service, but I have no data plan anyway. So I might be able to check in, or I might not.

I'm still sneaking in a strength workout before I go. lifting_weights_2011.gif

What are you all getting into this weekend?

I have no idea what I burn either, so active may just work!

I'm working on cars this weekend! yay.

Oh we might go to the drag strip tomorrow!
    *jumps up and down*
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    @SuperCarLori a good bra is a thing to be cherished and adored. They make SUCH A DIFFERENCE!!!!
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Got up and out the door before the sun was up for an 8 mile run/walk. Too tired this evening to do any additional leg work.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I won't go into all the details but I had 15 things on my "to do" list today and checked off 12 by the end of the day. Nothing was time consuming or difficult. Just those little things that I have been ignoring. Like a latch on a door that I forgot to screw back in after painting the trim. 6 months ago. I needed a ladder to reach it. The ladder is in the garage. The latch/door is upstairs. Done!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited May 2017
    5/12: took the wild child shopping for her mom's mother's day gift. Workout enough for Friday lol

5/13: total body chisel workout
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    edited May 2017
    3.5 miles and 10 pushups yesterday. 3 miles and 0 pushups today because I totaled our car. We live in a road with bad holes and a creek bank on one side and while trying to get around the holes the mud caught our tire and we rolled. I'm mostly freaked because my kid was in the car. We're mostly fine but I may be taking a break from miles and pushups for a few days. I did buy a few herb and veggie plants so I may work on those.