dieting since Dec 22 and yahoo it is working

Options
I decided to lose weight on Dec 22....three days before Christmas because I was afraid I would eat everything under the sun....I am a cookie addict! Oh and a bread addict! I never realized I actually had the power to say no and walk away from a ricotta cookie! ha!

My hubby and I are doing it together. That sounds funny when I reread it! ha!
We found this website and waaaalaaa it is working. I have now become a MFP website addict! I check this website first thing in the morning, throughout the day, and last thing before I go to bed.

I think the drinking water is huge!!! I have officially lost 10lbs with just 10 to go to reach my goal of 105lb (I am short). He has lost 13 pounds. I have not yet become a believer in eating exercise calories because I will not change what is not broken right now...but eventually when I hit a plateau I will....too scared right now...

I find myself making the strangest combinations of snacks to help my sweet cravings! I laugh at myself putting them together! Anyway I am on my way and wanted to share.....off to make an egg white sandwich!
Leenie

Replies

• iluvbread
    iluvbread Posts: 104
    Options
    I decided to lose weight on Dec 22....three days before Christmas because I was afraid I would eat everything under the sun....I am a cookie addict! Oh and a bread addict! I never realized I actually had the power to say no and walk away from a ricotta cookie! ha!

We found this website and waaaalaaa it is working. I have now become a MFP website addict! I check this website first thing in the morning, throughout the day, and last thing before I go to bed.

I think the drinking water is huge!!! I have officially lost 10lbs with just 10 to go to reach my goal of 105lb (I am short). He has lost 13 pounds. I have not yet become a believer in eating exercise calories because I will not change what is not broken right now...but eventually when I hit a plateau I will....too scared right now...

I find myself making the strangest combinations of snacks to help my sweet cravings! I laugh at myself putting them together! Anyway I am on my way and wanted to share.....off to make an egg white sandwich!
    Leenie
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    OMG!! You look just like Patrick Dempsey!! :wink:

Congrats on your weightloss & for finding your control!! Wonderful that you & your husband are doing it together... :wink: tee hee ...:laugh:

Keep up the good work!! :drinker:
  • JolandaW
    JolandaW Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss, keep up the great work!! :drinker:

I'm not much of a sweet craving kind of person, I am addicted to crisps however (chips to the Americans) but I found Weight Watchers crips the other day, around 75/80 calories per small bag which is awesome! If I do have a sweet craving, I drink a Pepsi Max as it contains no calories or take a Weight Watchers chocolate cake bar which again has about 80 Calories. :happy:
  • mamashrub
    mamashrub Posts: 128
    Options
    yay!! good for you!! I am short also, and I have 20 pounds to lose and i am addicted to this site too...good for you, itsnt it awesome when you reach a goal!!
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options

Leenie

Now ya can't say you make strange combinations that make you laugh and not leave an example so we all can laugh with you...you tease.:wink:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    COngrats!

Those are great results so far. :happy:

I just joined about 2 weeks ago and I'm am Totally Addicted... I lost 2 lbs! :)

Much luck to you and your Hubby... It's so good when you "do it together" :laugh:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats that is so great.
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    Can I join? I have 20 pounds to lose. I have been sticking to this site, healthy eating, and exercise for 7 days straight now......and have lost NOTHING so far :cry: I am really needing some encouragement and to hear other stories of those who had a hard time losing at first, but eventually started to.
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    Congrats to your loss!! I started on Jan. 6th and I love it , I have lost 11 pounds and inches too!!! My husband was supposed to do this with me but he lacks motivation and I feel like I am nagging him when I am just trying to help!!!! I told him that I am not slowing down he will just have to catch up!!

Jess
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!