Feeling discouraged

Well I'm back to trying my fitness pal. I am at the most I've ever weighed and I'm feeling pretty depressed aboit it. I have suffered a back injury that has affected my ability to be active but today I'm going to try to do some activity. I hate how much weight I've gained

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Don't be discouraged. Start by logging your intake and at the end of a week see if you can make any small changes. You gotta eat, try eating just a little less everyday. Baby steps.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Hi! Welcome! You can do this!
  • AshFace22
    AshFace22 Posts: 25 Member
    edited May 2017
    You got this! You don't necessarily have to exercise to lose weight. It helps in the long run with getting fit, but just because you aren't very active doesn't mean that you can't lose weight. It's all about calories in vs calories out. You burn calories just by being alive in general! Combined with your TDEE, that's about 400-1000 more, depending on how much you move around, ie Shop, take a shower, walk the dogs, walking around the house etc. Start by finding your BMR and TDEE. If you eat less than the number than you were given, then you will lose weight. 1200-1500 calories a day is a good starting point for weight loss.
  • Khloris
    Khloris Posts: 117 Member
    You can also check out Youtube for some cardio workouts for a bad back. I don't know how bad it is, so maybe that won't work for you, but it is worth mentioning. You can totally do this. :)