Motivated May 2017: Week 2 (5/8-5/14)

124»

Replies

• TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    @LowCarb4Me2016, wow, that must have been scary. Glad you all are okay and definitely take it easy for a while.

Nothing exciting for me. I did the usual 15 knee pushups (at least seem to be getting easier) and still not much luck with a regular one. Also did 30 second plank.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Thanks!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Oh no @LowCarb4Me2016 ! Glad everyone is OK and hope y'all aren't to achy tomorrow.

Today was a bust for me on chores. Met with a buyer to show her 2 houses. Neither were the right fit. Then met with a seller to review an offer on his house. We spent about an hour looking for my car keys when I was ready to leave. Found them...in some overgrown boxwoods...long story.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Thank you!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    edited May 2017
    I went out with my hubby and our girlfriend last night. I kept to my plan while at the bar. I ate buffalo wings with plenty of blue cheese dressing, drank tequila with lime and lots of water in between. When we got home that was another story. I ate a whole bunch of peanut butter right out of the jar. I tried to log it but I'm not sure how much it really was. Back on track at my next meal!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    3.5 miles and 10 pushups yesterday. 3 miles and 0 pushups today because I totaled our car. We live in a road with bad holes and a creek bank on one side and while trying to get around the holes the mud caught our tire and we rolled. I'm mostly freaked because my kid was in the car. We're mostly fine but I may be taking a break from miles and pushups for a few days. I did buy a few herb and veggie plants so I may work on those.

Omg, I'm so glad you're okay!!!!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Ran my race yesterday! The first 2 miles went great, but then my right quad got quite painful and I had to slow down so I didn't quite make my goal time. Close though. :) Either way, I burned 600 extra exercise calories yesterday per Fitbit.

Good thing b/c since today is Mother's Day, I'm resting a lot and not getting in a whole lot of exercise. ;)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    5/12 morning Stronglift workout B. Afternoon walk and push-ups. Evening Kettlebell workout. Carbs and calories were good.

5/13 morning Kettlebell workout and push-ups. Afternoon walk. Carbs and calories were good.
  • willnevergiveup
    willnevergiveup Posts: 138 Member
    My goals

1. Continue keeping carbs under 20 (net) daily
    2. Do yoga and HIIT on bike for 30 minutes every day.
    3. Do strength training for minimum of 20 minutes/3 times a week
    4. Meet step goal of 12,500 steps daily
    5. Walk outside as soon as the temperatures goes up a bit/it stops raining
    6. Keep track of weight/measure weekly
    7. De-stress by listening/watching the birds outside my window
    8. Continue drinking a minimum of 64 oz water daily
    9. Sleep a minimum of 7 hours at night--aim for closer to 8.
    10. Record blood glucose/blood pressure on a regular basis

I know this is ambitious but I'm already doing these for the most part. Seeing them written down motivates me to continue.

Please add me as a MFP friend, if you wish.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Ran my race yesterday! The first 2 miles went great, but then my right quad got quite painful and I had to slow down so I didn't quite make my goal time. Close though. :) Either way, I burned 600 extra exercise calories yesterday per Fitbit.

Good thing b/c since today is Mother's Day, I'm resting a lot and not getting in a whole lot of exercise. ;)

Congrats on the race. There's always another time for a personal best. :smile:
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    I think giving my arms a daily break has helped, or could just be a coincidence. Anyway, I did 4 sets of 5 knee pushups (one set more than before), and 2 full/regular pushups. I haven't been as consistent with my chin up efforts, so that didn't go so well today.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    5/14: trail run
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Ticked 8 items off my "to do" list and added a few more. Managed to also pick up a few things laying around and put them back where they belong rather than procrastinating another day. No more tripping over the rake and shovel.
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    A little late jumping in the mix:
    Mini-Goals for May...
    1. 16/8 fasting routine
    2. No dairy
    3. No logging onto FB
    4. Keep carbs under 20g and sugar non-existent (if possible)
    I have maintained all of these so far, excited to reach the end of May.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    WEEK 3!!! :mrgreen:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10555344/motivated-may-2017-week-3-5-15-5-21/p1?new=1

And also, been a weird weekend!
    We were supposed to go camping Friday night. It was raining, heavily, though not abnormally, when the universe decided to *kitten* upon us by opening up a small sinkhole underneath our back left tire. Then sent a heavier period of rain, which we worked through to try to free it, and then sent us an insane thunderstorm. Lightning struck across the street, kid you not. So we gave up for the night and sent the kids on to the campground with the in-laws. In the morning, hubby bailed the water out of the sinkhole, used the powerjack, dug the tire out and made a sloping ramp up with gravel. Got it out using our Expedition, a chain, and me behind the wheel of the camper, giving it gas. It too suprisingly little time and then we were finally off.

I got 5/12: 40min of KB strength vids from BodyFit by Amy.
    5/13: about 50 steps shy of 10000, only because the little kids had me biking around the campground behind them almost the whole day!
    5/14: 10500 steps. I didn't do any formal workouts, just walking the kids back and forth to the park, and then unloading the camper and putting everything back together. I did take a brief walk in the evening.

I'm off to catch up on everything I missed around here while the Littles were biking me to death.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Some weekend slips. Now I have a good stretch in front of me to get some good keto days in.
    Activity level is good this week. 2 dance nights, yoga class. Still too couch potato like during non activity time. Just dont feel motivated in my personal life at present.
    Hopefully a busy back-to-work week will help ramp that back up.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    5/14 Stronglift in the morning. Walk in the afternoon. Push-ups and Kettlebell workout in the evening. Carbs and calories were good.