What is your best fitness achievement to date?

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I've done a lot of things I never thought possible seeing as I couldn't run around the block in 1995:
    1. qualifying for boston on my second marathon back in 1996 and going back for my fourth in 2018
    2. running 100 miles
    3. running 52 marathons in 52 weeks when I turned 52
    4. doing an Ironman at the age of 40 and now at the age of 57 going to do my fourth

one thing I would love to do is a pull-up....I keep working on it at the gym :)

That's beast mode! :D
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Okay, this isn't much compared to some (which are amazing, well done people) but it's a biggie for me - I have today completed Week 1 of C25K.

This is huge for me because I don't run (well, I sort of do now), I've never run, I used to avoid running at school.

But even better, my 13 yo son is running with me :)

We can't wait to start Week 2!

You do run now!

Great getting your son involved as well :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    Finishing a marathon after chemotherapy. My oncologist said I could not run again after the chemo. It took a year and a half to train for it, but was worth it at the finish line!

That is amazing, well done!
  • lax75
    lax75 Posts: 118 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    Finishing a marathon after chemotherapy. My oncologist said I could not run again after the chemo. It took a year and a half to train for it, but was worth it at the finish line!

As a chemo veteran myself, I understand the kind of determination that will have taken. Much respect to you for finding that in yourself.

Ditto. Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!