Feelings

12346»

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Sivadee00 wrote: »
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    And to bring it around from a man who speaks and lives it...

quote-softness-of-heart-is-an-admirable-quality-but-when-it-extends-its-area-until-it-also-becomes-theodore-roosevelt-262879.jpg

And most people do (combine heart and head).

MOST people are not either wet piles of nearly-incapable mush, nor robots.

So there's really no problem here that I can see, except the whole "My feelings are okay, as long as I make them sound angry/irritated/scornful, but yours aren't because...well, they're yours, so I'll make sure they sound maudlin/weepy/ridiculous even if they aren't...in fact, even if they never even happened but I want to insist they did."

I mean as long as some of us are talking illogic here. ;) IMO, that POV pretty much takes the cake on that score.

Lol Mushy robots! I am trying to picture that in my head.

No, I listed these as two separate things. :)

I'm sure there must be mushy robots, though. Or fuzzy ones, anyway.

• Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    Sivadee00 wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    And to bring it around from a man who speaks and lives it...

quote-softness-of-heart-is-an-admirable-quality-but-when-it-extends-its-area-until-it-also-becomes-theodore-roosevelt-262879.jpg

And most people do (combine heart and head).

MOST people are not either wet piles of nearly-incapable mush, nor robots.

So there's really no problem here that I can see, except the whole "My feelings are okay, as long as I make them sound angry/irritated/scornful, but yours aren't because...well, they're yours, so I'll make sure they sound maudlin/weepy/ridiculous even if they aren't...in fact, even if they never even happened but I want to insist they did."

I mean as long as some of us are talking illogic here. ;) IMO, that POV pretty much takes the cake on that score.

Lol Mushy robots! I am trying to picture that in my head.

No, I listed these as two separate things. :)

You are right. I pictured mashed potatoes shaped into a robot. Strange I know.

Fuzzy ones = Toy Furbies?

Lol :-) I drank too much coffee.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member

Valentines-Day-coloring-pages-for-kids-Kids-Activities-Blog-robot.jpg

• Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    In my short existence on this planet, if you often can't see something (bullying, sensitivity, crazy) it's because you're the one. Not saying this is true in all cases.

I second crazy. :D.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Svanel wrote: »
    In my short existence on this planet, if you often can't see something (bullying, sensitivity, crazy) it's because you're the one. Not saying this is true in all cases.

I second crazy. :D.

I don't know...I just don't see it...

:D
  • risberg96
    risberg96 Posts: 118 Member
    edited May 2017
    We all have baggage and past hurts. Things people say bring these to the surface and people in turn become defensive- not really towards who or what was actually said- but the hurt feelings that are being resurfaced. It's like we revert back to that memory/trauma and lash back as a defense mechanism. It's important to remember that we don't make people feel a certain way.We are in charge and in control of our own feelings, no one else's.