Power walking works!! (50lb weight loss)

Replies

• Mel3933
    Mel3933 Posts: 43 Member
    Your story is good to hear. I want to lose about 20 pounds and just started walking for about an hour. On days I have more time like the weekends I hope to get 2 hours in. Music makes it much easier! Thanks for sharing!

Oh most definitely I couldn't walk as hard and as much without music. It gives me that push
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    You are exactly my goal body! I am also 5'8", about 195 now (down from 205 a month and a half ago) and want to get down to about 150ish!! You are my inspiration!!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Congratulations!
  • birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    You look amazing and much younger, too! In the after pic, you look like a teenager! Nice work!
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Wow, great job. You've inspired me to get back out there.
  • lulehlu
    lulehlu Posts: 87 Member
    Wow, you look great! I am also turning 40 in the fall and want to start that decade right. I am about the same height as you. Hope I can rock those shorts like you are when I get down to my goal weight. Do you have any particular tips for the power walking? I will be traveling a bit this summer and think this could be a great way to keep up my exercise habit.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    great job!!!!
  • juniormints74
    juniormints74 Posts: 60 Member
    Wow this really inspires me to keep going! I'm 5'8" as well and I power walk nearly everyday. It's really the only exercise I love. I started out at 190 lbs. & am currently 160 lbs. My goal is to get back down to 130 lbs. Thanks for sharing your story & inspiring us! You look great!
  • limex
    limex Posts: 81 Member
    Wow, this is so inspiring! I look very similar to your 'before' right now and I'd love to look like your 'after' one day! You look amazing!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Great job! WTG!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Well done, you look fantastic.

I lost 24 pounds through walking, never felt better, but stopped and started again today.

I love walking with good music, its my antidote to getting a good night sleep and very relaxing.
  • DapperDassie
    DapperDassie Posts: 190 Member
    Wow you look amazing thank you for the motivation
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Excellent!!! Amazing job
  • Mel3933
    You are exactly my goal body! I am also 5'8", about 195 now (down from 205 a month and a half ago) and want to get down to about 150ish!! You are my inspiration!!

Thank you that really is a motivation to me that I can inspire others. You can totally do it! :smile:
  • Mel3933
    lulehlu wrote: »
    Wow, you look great! I am also turning 40 in the fall and want to start that decade right. I am about the same height as you. Hope I can rock those shorts like you are when I get down to my goal weight. Do you have any particular tips for the power walking? I will be traveling a bit this summer and think this could be a great way to keep up my exercise habit.

Thanks so much!
    As far as tips just make sure you have really good comfortable sneakers, make a playlist of fast paced music to give you that push to walk to a fast beat and get something to calculate your progress. I just use a free app on my phone called pacer that calculates everything. That's pretty much it
  • Mel3933
    Wow this really inspires me to keep going! I'm 5'8" as well and I power walk nearly everyday. It's really the only exercise I love. I started out at 190 lbs. & am currently 160 lbs. My goal is to get back down to 130 lbs. Thanks for sharing your story & inspiring us! You look great!

Thanks!
    I had always wanted to be 135lbs but my body would never be able to go that low. Lowest I ever got was 140 and it was very hard to maintain so this time I made 145lbs my ultimate goal so that if I ever gain a few pounds anywhere between 145 and 150 I know I will be satisfied with that. And yes walking is only exercise I really love too. So easy and gets the job done!
  • BriChisolm
    BriChisolm Posts: 2 Member
    ared10 wrote: »
    unreal transformation! do you mind me asking how many calories you stuck to?

1300 calories a day very healthy foods. And like 3 times a month would have a day I wouldn't count calories and eat more relaxed like wine and pizza

What kind of healthy foods do you eat? I'm starting up my workouts again, and I really want to hit my goal. Do you have any suggestions are what I should eat through the day?
  • Mel3933
    BriChisolm wrote: »

1300 calories a day very healthy foods. And like 3 times a month would have a day I wouldn't count calories and eat more relaxed like wine and pizza

What kind of healthy foods do you eat? I'm starting up my workouts again, and I really want to hit my goal. Do you have any suggestions are what I should eat through the day?

Eggs/egg whites, oatmeal, almond milk, Greek yogurt, tuna, string cheese, baked or grilled chicken, salmon, shrimp, steak, shiritaki noodles, turkey ground meat, natural peanut butter, whole wheat bread, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, veggie burgers, quinoa, protein smoothies, nuts, dark chocolate and of course fruits and veggies. These are all different foods I will eat.
    An example for a days menu for me would be
    1 egg, 3 egg whites, and a vanilla Greek yogurt for breakfast
    A tuna salad that is lettuce, tomatoes, onions, feta or Parmesan cheese, can of tuna and a light dressing for lunch
    Baked chicken breasts, avocado, tomatoes, green beans for dinner
    And snacks would be natural peanut butter with sliced bananas on whole wheat bread
    And a small serving of dark chocolate
    I weigh and portion my food servings and I always stayed within my 1300 calories but still had good portions of food bc the healthy stuff tends to have less calories. I grew up eating big portions so I can't be eating little rabbit food servings and be satisfied but if it's the right foods you can still feel like you're eating a lot and stay within your calorie range. Hope this helps :)
  • pawan245lbs
    pawan245lbs Posts: 32 Member
    wow
  • BriChisolm
    BriChisolm Posts: 2 Member
    BriChisolm wrote: »

Eggs/egg whites, oatmeal, almond milk, Greek yogurt, tuna, string cheese, baked or grilled chicken, salmon, shrimp, steak, shiritaki noodles, turkey ground meat, natural peanut butter, whole wheat bread, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, veggie burgers, quinoa, protein smoothies, nuts, dark chocolate and of course fruits and veggies. These are all different foods I will eat.
    An example for a days menu for me would be
    1 egg, 3 egg whites, and a vanilla Greek yogurt for breakfast
    A tuna salad that is lettuce, tomatoes, onions, feta or Parmesan cheese, can of tuna and a light dressing for lunch
    Baked chicken breasts, avocado, tomatoes, green beans for dinner
    And snacks would be natural peanut butter with sliced bananas on whole wheat bread
    And a small serving of dark chocolate
    I weigh and portion my food servings and I always stayed within my 1300 calories but still had good portions of food bc the healthy stuff tends to have less calories. I grew up eating big portions so I can't be eating little rabbit food servings and be satisfied but if it's the right foods you can still feel like you're eating a lot and stay within your calorie range. Hope this helps :)

That helped a lot. Thank you so much!! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!