160+ pounds down. Still going strong.

Nerdbear88
Nerdbear88 Posts: 62 Member
edited May 2017 in Success Stories
Had a great time at Planet Comicon this past weekend in KCMO. I got to meet Stephen Amell twice. Once to get his autograph on a picture I took with him two years ago, and again to get my picture with him and said picture from two years ago. For me the picture that I took two years ago held two competing emotions. One of pure joy because I got to meet my favorite celebrity. But horror at being photographed 3/4 body. Over the past two years I have gone from over 400 lbs in that picture to 230 lbs in the current one. It goes to show what hard work and determination can accomplish. Now instead of being winded by a day walking around Bartle Hall, I can run a half marathon in under 2 hours and 30 minutes. And as a testament to how incredibly cool Stephan Amell is, after I took this picture with him he reached out and gave me a hug and told me great job. While I did this for myself, it was amazing to have someone I admire give me recognition. Thanks Mr. Amell. You are truly one of a kind!
tykowghbnhss.jpg

Replies

• sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    So inspiring! Great job; I'm glad you got a mini celebration :)
  • Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    You look amazing!!! Great work!
  • Lathandria
    Lathandria Posts: 42 Member
    Stephen Amell is awesome! Im supet jealous you got to meet him twice, haha. Congrats on your weight loss, you look like a completely different person!

Oh and you're going to need a new Sinceriously shirt
  • FasterBehr
    FasterBehr Posts: 16 Member
    Awesome before/after. You look years younger too.

I'm coming to the end of my WLJ with 167lbs lost and 8 to go. What's your goal if you don't mind sharing?
  • JoJosAnatomymfp
    JoJosAnatomymfp Posts: 178 Member
    Wow!!! You have done exceptionally well. Hats off to you. You are like a complete different person
  • jamskybly
    jamskybly Posts: 7 Member
    Awesome man! Great job
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    You look great!!!!
  • Nerdbear88
    FasterBehr wrote: »
    Awesome before/after. You look years younger too.

I'm coming to the end of my WLJ with 167lbs lost and 8 to go. What's your goal if you don't mind sharing?

I'm shooting for 200 lbs. But I really don't have a weight goal. I have a body fat goal of less than 17%. So whatever my weight settles out to be at that percentage then I'm cool with it.
  • rdgfit
    rdgfit Posts: 98 Member
    Congrats! Great dedication!
  • knittingdianne
    knittingdianne Posts: 9 Member
    Congratulations! Truly happy for you.
  • MommaSarabear83
    MommaSarabear83 Posts: 17 Member
    AWESOME!
  • road2zion
    road2zion Posts: 27 Member
    Great job! Very cool of Stephen too.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Wow, great work! I would've guessed more then 160 lost!
  • Nerdbear88
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Wow, great work! I would've guessed more then 160 lost!

I've gone from about 220 lbs of fat to about 45 lbs. But I've added lean mass also so that has helped.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    wow how fun. you look great, very cool photo :)
  • timg760
    timg760 Posts: 115 Member
    super jealous!! but you deserve it! WTG
  • terryt1992
    terryt1992 Posts: 94 Member
    This is my favorite success stories so far. Great job man and keep it up you are looking good. It is an amazing transformation. Your starting weight and current weight are basically my exact goals also. Started at 415 and my goal is 230. Currently at 325 which puts me about half way to my goal.
  • mcbeanstr
    mcbeanstr Posts: 44 Member
    This is what I hope to accomplish. I am in a similar boat and will probably have to lose as much as you have. It's difficult but I try to stay motivated as much as I can
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Nerdbear88 wrote: »
    Had a great time at Planet Comicon this past weekend in KCMO. I got to meet Stephen Amell twice. Once to get his autograph on a picture I took with him two years ago, and again to get my picture with him and said picture from two years ago. For me the picture that I took two years ago held two competing emotions. One of pure joy because I got to meet my favorite celebrity. But horror at being photographed 3/4 body. Over the past two years I have gone from over 400 lbs in that picture to 230 lbs in the current one. It goes to show what hard work and determination can accomplish. Now instead of being winded by a day walking around Bartle Hall, I can run a half marathon in under 2 hours and 30 minutes. And as a testament to how incredibly cool Stephan Amell is, after I took this picture with him he reached out and gave me a hug and told me great job. While I did this for myself, it was amazing to have someone I admire give me recognition. Thanks Mr. Amell. You are truly one of a kind!
    tykowghbnhss.jpg

I love your story, all of it because I have a similar situation happen to me.
    Me with the cast of the messengers back when it was airing and taking the picture was kind of a nightmare because of my size. Got done though :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!