What were you doing that was holding back your weight loss?

Just curious if anyone at some point was not seeing a drop on the scale and changed something and started seeing results?? Like drinking more water, eating more, etc?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    otd07twf8kvl.jpg
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Being more sedentary than sedentary.
    Miss Sloth, that was me- especially in winter.
    Just getting off my skinny butt and putting the book down worked wonders.

Cheers, h.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    I didn't have a food scale.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    On top of weighing food accurately and figuring out my burns more accurately with a HRM, logging faithfully on the weekends and treating water weight fluctuations whether it be exaggerated losses, "plateaus" or gains as an unavoidable part of the process (if there was no other explanation why I would gain or lose more one week compared to the next) and to concentrate on long term trends over a month or longer. :) Also exercising more means I can eat more (and being mindful that I weigh a pound or 2 heavier the morning after a HIIT class because of water retention) :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Eating less seems to help more than anything else.
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Stopped drinking so much beer!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    MyFitnessPal's calorie tracking and NEET (NEAT?) method changed my life (eating back exercise calories above BMR). I'll lose the last bit of pudge as soon as I get serious about controlling my appetite. :)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    For me, it's being lax with my logging. I tend to be tight for a while, and then slowly start to be less vigilant.