Newbie -- NoMoreaFatChick's "OMAD" journey!!!

Replies

• NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Welcome back from vacation and here as well. Where in the Sunshine State did you visit? I live on the NW Panhandle. Glad you came before the weather gets too hot and too humid. lol

I'm going on vacation in eight days, I hope I can stick with OMAD, but I won't beat myself up if I don't. May come back saying the same you have. The important thing is that you're back here with those who support you. :-)

Hello @wsandy8512.. i have been to key west and Miami.. It is amazing.. I loved it and thankfully weather was not so hot and coz of that we njoyed a lotttttttt too...

Yay you are going on vacation too.. awesome..
    yea this group is awesome.. <3<3
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Awesome!! Awesome!! Was on vacation for a week and ate almost good and didnt follow OMAD and still gained 0.2lbs.. yay yay yay!!!!

OMAD rocks!!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Hey guys..
    Just a question.... Anyone heard of "15 day fit body challenge" of Trainer Lindsey's?
    I just wanna know if anyone got positive results..

I have started those exercises today along with my usual routine and it literally "burned"!!
    I am not gonna take the supplement they are offering, just the exercises..
    Anyone interested have a look below..

https://www.idealfit.com/15-day-fit-body-challenge.list

And lemme know the positive results...

:)
    Hope you all had a wonderful day :):)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    You can contact me privately if you are still having trouble and I will cut you a deal on a one-on-one service if you need more guidance.
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    You can contact me privately if you are still having trouble and I will cut you a deal on a one-on-one service if you need more guidance.

Hello Joe,
    Thank you so much. But for now i am thinking to continue OMAD and exercises because its just been a month that i started. So planning to give it at least 4 to 5months of time and if still i am struggling then definitely i will get back to you.

I have watched almost all of your videos and you are the inspiration and main reason for me to start OMAD. So if i face any issues, you will be the only and one point of contact.
    Thanx for your support..
    Have an amazingly awesome day!! :smile: :smile:
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Today i checked weight having high hopes.. but lost just "0.2lbs" which is not even considerable.. Because i am counting calories(sometimes less than 1200) and i am exercising and am drinking plenty of water and i did cut down my carb intake....
    Can anyone tell me where and what i am doing wrong...
    Highly disappointed and feeling seriously helpless... :disappointed::bawling:
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Today i checked weight having high hopes.. but lost just "0.2lbs" which is not even considerable.. Because i am counting calories(sometimes less than 1200) and i am exercising and am drinking plenty of water and i did cut down my carb intake....

I'll help you after a workout tonight.this is according to what works for me so it might not work for you but feel free to try the 1madgirl food plan for a week and serfdom there :) we'll help each other. Going home, then workout and then I'll write here x
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited May 2017
    My first week on OMAD I lost -.4 pounds and I wasn't even eating 1000 calories (not purposely, just took time to build up to eating more) and I didn't exercise, but a loss is a loss, regardless of how insignificant you think it is. Remember, we didn't get this way overnight, the weight crept up +.1 or +.2 and so on. As long as you're being honest with yourself on logging your food, and not taking "a little bite won't hurt", and as long as you are weighing and measuring and not guesstimating, you should be able to lose.

I just ran some numbers without knowing everything, but according to your TDEE, for your basic metabolic rate, you should be eating 1400 calories if you are not doing anything but sleeping, and 1705 with sedentary stats (I don't know if you're sedentary or not), but I honestly think you are not eating enough. You're not obese, you're slightly overweight and only about 22 pounds from a healthy weight for your height--this means a slower weight loss. Me, on the other hand, I am obese so the weight falls off easier and faster at first. One day, I will be in your shoes. It really does help to understand the science behind all of this, calories do matter. We have to feed our bodies, period.It's the main reason I have been continuing to add calories, I'm not perfect, but I'm making strides, trying to eat back those I should for exercising as well.

Hang in there, you can do it!

Edited to add: I noticed you've only recently started tracking when I visited your diary. I only looked to try and be helpful, not nosey. I think you need to give your self to be regularly consistent rather than off and on before you think nothing is working. Know what I mean? You're breaking the fast with OMAD--you don't have to do OMAD if it isn't for you, just saying you don't seem to have been following it, daily. While 50 calories may not be too bad for the fast, the other morning coffees were over 50 and even with nuts.
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    1MADGIRL wrote: »

I'll help you after a workout tonight.this is according to what works for me so it might not work for you but feel free to try the 1madgirl food plan for a week and serfdom there :) we'll help each other. Going home, then workout and then I'll write here x

@1MADGIRL Thanx a lotttt!! Means a lot.. yes will try to follow your diet for a while and see.. I am just done with my workout..

Love
    K
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    My first week on OMAD I lost -.4 pounds and I wasn't even eating 1000 calories (not purposely, just took time to build up to eating more) and I didn't exercise, but a loss is a loss, regardless of how insignificant you think it is. Remember, we didn't get this way overnight, the weight crept up +.1 or +.2 and so on. As long as you're being honest with yourself on logging your food, and not taking "a little bite won't hurt", and as long as you are weighing and measuring and not guesstimating, you should be able to lose.

I just ran some numbers without knowing everything, but according to your TDEE, for your basic metabolic rate, you should be eating 1400 calories if you are not doing anything but sleeping, and 1705 with sedentary stats (I don't know if you're sedentary or not), but I honestly think you are not eating enough. You're not obese, you're slightly overweight and only about 22 pounds from a healthy weight for your height--this means a slower weight loss. Me, on the other hand, I am obese so the weight falls off easier and faster at first. One day, I will be in your shoes. It really does help to understand the science behind all of this, calories do matter. We have to feed our bodies, period.It's the main reason I have been continuing to add calories, I'm not perfect, but I'm making strides, trying to eat back those I should for exercising as well.

Hang in there, you can do it!

@wsandy8512 Currently i am at staying home.. enjoying my extended honeymoon period..
    May be my body needs diff kind of diet and exercise to lose weight or it might need more time than usual for weight loss.. Thank you so much sandy for the science explanation. <3

And yes we are in this together and we are gonna lose the unwanted pounds together..

Love
    K
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    @NoMoreAfatChick, you're welcome. I learned so much from this site and articles so far. It's reading through that has forced me to start upping my intake. When I come to those stall points, I want to be able to go down in calories. If I stay too low, there will be nothing to take away when I plateau.

Hugs and lots of support your way!!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Hi,

I apologize in advance if this does not work for you.
    I follow the Thinner, Leaner, Stronger diet plan

Here are three typical meals I might take (I tried to choose the least boring ones, my diet is quite simple, I prefer it this way)

Chicken day:
    banana smoothie (1 banana, 200ml milk, 4 tablespoons fage total 0% yoghurt)
    1 tablespoon chia speeds (optional)
    1 mission wrap
    2 cups green salad (no dressing)
    1 hard boiled egg
    300g chicken thighs or chicken breast
    2 slices of white bread (you can have brown if you prefer, I just always have white because of my dog lol)

Fish day:
    320grams cod fillet
    2 cups salad greens (no dressing, you can add apple cider vinegar if you like)
    200g oven chips (frozen weight)
    Greek yoghurt
    Banana smoothie (I added some protein powder but you can add greek yoghurt instead if you'd prefer) with 200ml milk
    1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)

Cereal day:
    2 weetabix protein biscuits with 200ml skim milk
    nutrend deluxe protein bar - you can substitute this for something else if you prefer - for example another 2 weetabix protein biscuits with the two you had previously
    Fage yoghurt total 0% (170g)
    1 Elite Low fat tuna in two slices of white bread
    115g of boiled cauliflower
    1 scoop of protein powder with 200ml of milk (we can substitute with something else if you'd prefer, such as another can of tuna

I eat 45% protein, 40% carbs and 15% fat.
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Hi,

I apologize in advance if this does not work for you.
    I follow the Thinner, Leaner, Stronger diet plan

Here are three typical meals I might take (I tried to choose the least boring ones, my diet is quite simple, I prefer it this way)

Chicken day:
    banana smoothie (1 banana, 200ml milk, 4 tablespoons fage total 0% yoghurt)
    1 tablespoon chia speeds (optional)
    1 mission wrap
    2 cups green salad (no dressing)
    1 hard boiled egg
    300g chicken thighs or chicken breast
    2 slices of white bread (you can have brown if you prefer, I just always have white because of my dog lol)

Fish day:
    320grams cod fillet
    2 cups salad greens (no dressing, you can add apple cider vinegar if you like)
    200g oven chips (frozen weight)
    Greek yoghurt
    Banana smoothie (I added some protein powder but you can add greek yoghurt instead if you'd prefer) with 200ml milk
    1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)

Cereal day:
    2 weetabix protein biscuits with 200ml skim milk
    nutrend deluxe protein bar - you can substitute this for something else if you prefer - for example another 2 weetabix protein biscuits with the two you had previously
    Fage yoghurt total 0% (170g)
    1 Elite Low fat tuna in two slices of white bread
    115g of boiled cauliflower
    1 scoop of protein powder with 200ml of milk (we can substitute with something else if you'd prefer, such as another can of tuna

I eat 45% protein, 40% carbs and 15% fat.

@1MADGIRL Thanx a lot.. No need to apologize, you are being helpful..
    I will try doing the same and see if it works..
  • 1MADGIRL
    Try to keep things fairly plain. No additional sauces or dressings if possible. I really hope this works for you!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Try to keep things fairly plain. No additional sauces or dressings if possible. I really hope this works for you!

sure thing..
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    After reading all your posts, i thought 'why not'??
    So today i am starting my water fast or should i say water and coffee fast :wink: :wink:

I am gonna consume just water and coffee with splash of milk with or without sweetener...
    Hoping to do a 45hour fast..
    I will end it tomorrow evening around 7pm(now it is 10.13am)....
    wish me luck guys!!

Hope you are all having an amazing OMAD...
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    So today i am starting my water fast or should i say water and coffee fast :wink: :wink:

I am gonna consume just water and coffee with splash of milk with or without sweetener...
    wish me luck guys!!

I love love love love the fasts....it buys me more calories for the other days :D
  • NoMoreAfatChick

wish me luck guys!!

I love love love love the fasts....it buys me more calories for the other days :D

@mistymeadows2005 haha yea that is one of the major advantages.. but for now i wanna see change in the scale desperately.. so gonna fast and burn calories.. :wink:
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member

wish me luck guys!!

@mistymeadows2005 haha yea that is one of the major advantages.. but for now i wanna see change in the scale desperately.. so gonna fast and burn calories.. :wink:

Get it! I find green tea helps my hunger more than coffee for some reason lol...try it if u like green tea
  • NoMoreAfatChick

wish me luck guys!!

Get it! I find green tea helps my hunger more than coffee for some reason lol...try it if u like green tea

@mistymeadows2005 green tea makes me hungry lol... will try once today and see how it feels...