Looking for a good healthy recipe website

mousey709
mousey709 Posts: 1 Member
I am not a cook by any means but I want to eat healthy and lose some weight. I'm looking for good healthy recipe websites, with easy recipes and great tasting food. Any recommendations? I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Buy fresh. Cruise the produce aisles. Pick something new. Google a recipe.
  • pegdale21
    pegdale21 Posts: 4 Member
    Spark people has a lot of good recipes. Realhealthyrecipes.com is one I started using recently. We share a lot on our facebook group page as well (it is a free accountability group)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    101cookbooks.com

epicurious has everything, healthy and not, but it's easy to find healthier stuff.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    I really like Iowa Girl Eats. Almost all of her recipes are GF (but my family isn't GF). I also like SkinnyTaste. She has amazing dressing/dip recipes.
  • melpidal
    melpidal Posts: 34 Member
    Slender kitchen. Laloosh. Emily bites. Those are all skinny food blogs-google to find them.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Websites: skinnytaste, gluten free on a shoe string, the big mans world, fast paleo, my natural family, jays baking me crazy, fed and fit, cooking light, foodie fiasco, eating well, hungry girl

Apps: spark people, food.com, Allrecipes
  • sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    When I started I used Hungry Girl a lot, I haven't kept all the recipes as many contain odd ingredients, but I really like how she has a sub for everything. I keep a few I learned in her books. I also say skinnytaste. I just found spark recipes like yesterday, I love how the calories are laid out clearly.
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    I've used a couple recipes off https://zipongo.com and they have recipes there for those who can't cook, 7 ingredients or less, etc. It can also help you organize recipes by day and print out (or have it on your app) your shopping list to make those dishes.

There's also recipes here http://www.nourishingmeals.com/ and their cookbooks I like.
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    yummyhealthyeasy.com , PINTEREST (just search for anything you are looking for and you'll find great recipes--and it's super easy to plug into the recipe maker on MFP to calculate) Cooking Light, Eating Well are all great.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    www.inspiralized.com
  • glosflow
    glosflow Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Netmums has lots of good ideas and also do meal plans on a budget it's free to join once you do you can save all your fav recipes

You could also try pinterest download the app to your phone or check out website it's like an online scrap book you can search for things you like then create a board and save them to it

I also find a lot on the BBC good food site

If you have Facebook look up tasty and tasty junior they share lots of videos there are also lots of slowcooker pages which are really helpfulfor thoses busy days

Hope these help
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I third www.skinnytaste.com
    Www.slenderkitchen.com
    Www.cookinglight.com
    Www.eatingwell.com

• foodlovermartha
    foodlovermartha Posts: 10 Member
    hungry-girl.com
    skinnytaste.com
    emilybites.com
    slenderkitchen.com
    simple-nourished-living.com
  • cwebster509
    cwebster509 Posts: 14 Member
    I have my own healthy recipe website
    https://www.tastytemptations.net
    It’s fairly new but there’s a bunch of good recipes on there :)