My unique journey (w/ pics)

nichell88
nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
After months of exploring these forums and learning about other people's stories, I've cometo find that my story is a bit different. I was not always overweight. I do not have a history of yoyo-ing. I have, however, always struggled to have a positive body image. I was trim and fit most of my adult life, but I was never satisfied. Then over the course of the past 2-3 years, I got stuck in a vicious cycle of depression, low self esteem, overeating, and inactivity. I gained ~50lbs. and completely lost myself and my identity. I'd always been athletic, I'd always been fit, and now here I was, overweight and disgusting (that's how I saw it). It wasn't until my best friend reminded me that I can still do things that I enjoy that it crossed my mind that I didn't have to remain in this funk forever. I got back to coaching cheerleading, got back in the gym, and became mindful of what I was eating. I've developed a passion for fitness and become super educated about my body and nutrition. I still have growth the experience, but I'm proud of my progress. I've lost the 50lbs I gained and developed an appreciation of myself that I've never experienced before. dz4ehidxbfn0.jpg

Replies

• hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    I agree please tell how much u lost , ur body transformed tremendously in a matter of months, WAY TO GO!!!
  • DapperDassie
    DapperDassie Posts: 190 Member
    Wow you look amazing!!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    That is an amazing comeback!! Congrats on the weight loss and for getting through all of those mental barriers.
  • margotlovesyou
    margotlovesyou Posts: 102 Member
    You are tremendous!!!
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Superb job!!!
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    The BEST part of your transformation is the mental aspect. Congrats!
  • Judikim118
    Judikim118 Posts: 201 Member
    Congrats on your success
  • sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    Love it! I love the balanced approach.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    wow that's amazing congrats
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    congrats!!! you look great!
  • roboliciousbob
    roboliciousbob Posts: 134 Member
    You look absolutely amazing!! What a transformation, an inspiration!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Good for you!! You look even better than you did in 2008 and most importantly you look HAPPIER!!! Way to go girl!
  • Ella_1997
    Ella_1997 Posts: 11 Member
    My goodness, you look absolutely amazing. I want to have a body like that! :) This has definitely spurred me on. Well done.
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Thanks everyone
  • azuremiste
    azuremiste Posts: 46 Member
    You look absolutely amazing! You have inspired me to kick my workouts back into high gear!
  • Krystasfocused25
    Krystasfocused25 Posts: 34 Member
    You look totally awesome girl!!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    You seriously look amazing! Great work!!
  • redsweet
    redsweet Posts: 15 Member
    Whoop Whoop! Girl got some ab definition goin on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!