Sandy's OMAD Journal

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Thanks everyone! It's on 6am, thought I'd come in check in with all of you. Trip is wonderful so far, back pain is being a pain, but I'm managing okay. :)

Hugs to you all:)
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2017
    Oh, has not been hard at all to stick with OMAD. My body naturally only wants to eat once a day and I don't crave anything. Friday was out flight day and I didn't eat the airplane food, I tasted and found it repulsive. I'm so used to minimally processed foods that the dinner in a aluminum can didn't fly with me. Disgusting!!! We've done a lot of walking in just two days as well, and that will likely be the case for the rest of the visit. I did have a house salad when my husband had pizza yesterday evening, only because I couldn't didn't finish my fish n chips earlier though. No idea how many calories are in what I have been eating, so basically going by when I'm satisfied and versus super full.

Lastly, I feel like a normal person and not like I'm missing out on anything. Food is the furthest thing from my mind. The old me would've wanted to eat shortly after a smaller meal, this OMAD lifestyle has been the best thing I've ever done for myself and my health and my attitude about food. :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Good job keeping to OMAD while on vacation...I've never flown and was wondering if you're allowed to bring snacks on the plane with you? Enjoy the rest of your trip :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Your doing really good! Eat very low carb for extra meals on vacation and if you eat sweets, eat them as a desert with some protein to buffer the effect. Good luck!
  • wsandy8512
    Good job keeping to OMAD while on vacation...I've never flown and was wondering if you're allowed to bring snacks on the plane with you? Enjoy the rest of your trip :)

Thank you and yes, you can bring your own snacks on a plane. :)
  • wsandy8512
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Your doing really good! Eat very low carb for extra meals on vacation and if you eat sweets, eat them as a desert with some protein to buffer the effect. Good luck!

Thank you. :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Great work! Are you enjoying it? :)
  • Brendalea69
    edited May 2017
    I hope you're enjoying your vacation and the pain is not too bad o:)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    You're doing an amazing job
  • wsandy8512
    Yes, I'm enjoying our vacation. Woke up with no back pain today, first time since injuring myself. Lol. Regardless, I've averaged 13k steps a day while here. That is a lot of walking!

Thank you all for the encouragement. I greatly appreciate it. I must say it's been nice not to be so scale focused because I was on the darn thing, daily at home. Lol
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    edited May 2017
    Lolz.. But I am sure you would be excited to step on it as soon as you're back home :smiley: Especially after so many steps that you took :)
  • shans34
    13k steps is awesome! You are doing well! Enjoy!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm enjoying our vacation. Woke up with no back pain today, first time since injuring myself. Lol. Regardless, I've averaged 13k steps a day while here. That is a lot of walking!

Thank you all for the encouragement. I greatly appreciate it. I must say it's been nice not to be so scale focused because I was on the darn thing, daily at home. Lol

@wsandy8512 awesome you don't have back pain and i hope you get rid of the pain :)

lol, yea it is a gud thing not having scale...
    enjoy your rest of the vacation too.. :)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

Great to hear this!! Happy vacation.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Nice walking! Keep that up.
  • wsandy8512
    I'm in "Onderland" now!!! I'm sure it would've been more, but we really made our last night there a night of super indulgence! We drank all day and had a big ole meal at a local Italian restaurant with dessert to boot! I had so much fun in London and truly do credit the walking over 13k steps a day, on average, as well as my conditioning from eating one meal a day for so long, for helping me stay on track. We drank alcohol everyday, and I enjoyed things like steak and ale pie with mashed potatoes, burgers and chicken sandwiches with chips (fries) or onion rings, sugar in my coffees (too strong over there to go black, lol), lasagna, spaghetti bolognese, salads, fish n chips, roasts, etc.

I never once felt like I was on a diet while on vacation, I felt like a normal person who only eats when they're hungry. I'm sure there are foods I didn't fit in while on vacation, but so what? I couldn't be expected to sample everything. However, I did try Marmite--it was disgusting!! LOL

cgdj9p32kqy6.png
  • Brendalea69
    Welcome to Onederland :)

Good job losing while on vacation and eating all that yummy food!!!
  • wsandy8512
    Onderland is amazing! haha

And, thank you! I had no idea how many calories were in my meals, but my energy expenditures a day--tracked with my apple watch and apple health app were sky high, so I trusted that to be enough to allow for indulgences like desserts and alcohol. We met some really nice locals by being a part of the pub culture, I don't regret those drinks at all. :-)
  • wsandy8512
    @arguablysamson... OMAD has saved me from myself and given me a life I never thought possible. Thanks so much for sharing your story and getting this way of life out there so people like me could happen along it. Nothing I've done before has ever worked like this, I constantly struggled no matter what kind of plan I was on. OMAD has taken away the constant obsession I had over food.

I do not do low carb or low fat, I have a quite a balanced diet on my plate and if some days I lack in a macronutrient, I naturally make up for it on another day. I don't over exert myself with exercises. I don't feel a need to fast any longer than I normally do on a daily basis which is about 23 hours, give or take. I don't feel deprived. I don't have sugar addiction anymore. I don't have heartburn anymore. My rheumatoid arthritis flare ups have been reduced significantly, same with osteoarthritis. I have energy and now my sleep pattern is back and without having to take any nighttime OTC sleep aids!

OMAD isn't a diet to me, it's a way of life. I know I'm still very early on in my OMAD journey, but I've been faithful and, even have included days of indulgence, everything just feels right. It seems so easy. I know I will come across weeks of little to no weight loss, I may even gain, but it won't change the fact of how much better I feel on OMAD. So, once again, thanks for getting your story out there!
  • shans34
    Yay! Onederland must feel great! I don't need to be super thin, but I do hope to achieve that! I'm super proud of you!