Dajoloehrs journey

Replies

• dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Oh boy, crazy hungry today after work (3 hours before meal time) I decided to just make myself dinner now before I endlessly snack. I'm hoping this was. Good choice lol but I'm sure it was. :wink:
  • dajoloehr
    Well eating dinner early.... Good choice :) 4 hours later ( normally when I'd stop eating) and I'm still not hungry, so yeah me lol. Also no pb today haha
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Hooray, you survived a day of no peanut butter! lol Well done, lady! :-)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    You're doing a great job
  • dajoloehr
    Kind of cheat day today, I still ate low carb, but I ate a lot. Other than this great day today, the rain held off enough for me to bike to work/home, we're having some crazy weather here this week. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • dajoloehr
    0mztv0pzq7tq.png
    Up down up down, once I get to my final goal I'm going to be a pro a maintenance lol
    Despite all the ups and downs, I'm looking forward to taking my measurements on Monday. I already know they will be down because my rain jacket definitely fits differently lately :smile:
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited May 2017
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    Yesterday was a bit of a fizzle :neutral: I didn't stick to OMAD which caused me to eat a lot yesterday. Isn't it funny that the few days I properly stuck to it, I had a loss.... :smile:
    No more fooling around, May is the month this is going to happen lol
    I have a 5k foam run in June, and I'm determined to do more of the obstacles than last year. Its just a fun run, but Id like to beat what I did last year (and look better in the photos :wink: )

Psst: You need more raw anger to stick to your OMAD. Follow your sign. You will start to gain weight if you get too complacent with your efforts if you just mentally say that you can start again and not to worry. This becomes a spiral downward.

Get back on it...unless you are satisfied where you are...but even then, if you start chasing cravings, you know what will happen!

But hey, I know how amazing peanut butter is!!!!
  • dajoloehr
    Your totally right thank you.
  • dajoloehr
    Today's the third day without pb :smile: I bought a jar of almond butter from Costco, it's tasty, healthier but drier and much more expensive. Every Time I open the cupboard for a pb fix I see the almond butter and think "do I really want it so bad I need to eat some now" it's working lol. Also I had a great Mother's Day with homemade meatballs, eggs and bacon and some 85% cocoa chocolate :yum:
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I believe it is very important to get enough protein so that cravings don't happen. Watch that and see how your cravings go. You should probably be getting about 80 to 90g of protein a day ( I go for 120 for a guy who should weigh about 180 and who works out).
  • dajoloehr
    edited May 2017
    I'm only 3lbs away from seeing 239 on the scale! which is my May goal. I'm feeling pretty confident about this :smile: My pb fix addiction is gone ( i think it was TOM related) and all chocolate is out of the house lol I also lost 1.5" on my waist since the start of the month! so yea me lol Ive got 8 days until our camping vacation and I'm already thinking about some low carb hacks for smores lol. The nice is about low carb is that pretty much all "go to" camping foods are totally ok with this way of eating :yum:
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    I'm only 3lbs away from seeing 239 on the scale! which is my May goal. I'm feeling pretty confident about this :smile: My pb fix addiction is gone ( i think it was TOM related) and all chocolate is out of the house lol I also lost 1.5" on my waist since the start of the month! so yea me lol Ive got 8 days until our camping vacation and I'm already thinking about some low carb hacks for smores lol. The nice is about low carb is that pretty much all "go to" camping foods are totally ok with this way of eating :yum:

Woohoo! Goals neatly in hand and sure to be met. I do hope your pb addiction is gone. I overcame mine by not allowing it in the house for months. Now it can be around and nothing happens. Addiction gone. Same for popcorn. Low carb smores? What are those? Tell us what you find, what you dream up. I passed on the smores at our latest neighborhood picnic even though the chocolate looked expensive and yummy.
  • shans34
    You are in sight of your goals and you will make it! You are doing awesome!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Nice to have some victories! Congrats.
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Low carb s'mores .....that would be the dark chocolate bar! It's the best part anyway. ;)
  • dajoloehr
    I think this will work for smores. Darkest chocolate I can find (90% cocoa) homemade almond flour "graham" crackers and I found a recipe for sugar free marshmallows!! I should probably test these out this weekend :wink:
  • dajoloehr
    Ok so homemade graham crackers..way too much for me, I don't feel like going out to buy all these odd ingredients that I may never use again. Going to rethink this :smile:
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    I like the idea of really dark chocolate for smores. Maybe, just maybe, roasting the marshmallow is part of the smores process that can't be skipped. Getting that golden brown toasted look all around. Sitting around the fire and bonding with others. Maybe the key is (a) spend a lot of time roasting marshmallows to perfection for everyone else, and then (b) make yourself one, just one! But no substitutions. One can't hurt, right? And we really need to learn to be part of life and camp and people etc, without breaking our calorie banks.
  • shans34
    As far as I'm concerned, smores should just be eaten as s'mores! Sorry not helpful, I know
  • dajoloehr
    I don't know if these sugar free marshmallows would brown the same since it's the sugar that carmalizing on regular ones. I guess the real choice will depend on how close I am to my goal before camping.