Amflautist's accountability thread

Replies

• amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    OMAD
    1st Goal = 172 (weight when I wrecked my knee)
    Wk .. Weight ... Chg ... Total
    0 .... 195.8
    1 .... 193.8 ..... -2.0 ..... -2.0
    2 .... 191.4 ..... -2.4 ..... -4.4
    3 .... 190.0 ..... -1.4 ..... -5.8
    4 .... 188.2 ..... -1.8 ..... -7.6
    5 .... 192.4 ..... +4.2 ..... -3.4
    6 .... 191.4 ..... -1.0 ..... -4.4
    7 .... 186.6 ..... -4.8 ..... -9.2 (3 days late due to traveling)

Scales smiled at me this morning! Big 4.8# loss because I was traveling, and because I consciously fasted on my travel days. 3 days fasting during my trip. I decided to fast during travel days because that airplane food is so bad nobody should eat it. Then I got lucky. On the flight from Newark to Frankfurt, I was bumped to first class. Didn't even ask for it! But when I boarded, and the attendant scanned my boarding pass, the scanner buzzed, the attendant stopped me, and handed me a new seat assignment. First class. On an overnight flight, first class means you get to lie down and sleep! Oh heaven!! It also means lots of really good food, and good (OK, not crappy) wine, etc. I refused it all. Just took coffee and water. At the end of the flight, the flight attendant told me I was the easiest passenger she had ever had. Just coffee and water! I continued that travel day fast for another day in Bremen. But you know all that because I reported it above. I also fasted one day on the way back. Yesterday. That may account for part of the huge loss on the scales this morning. I wanted to write it down anyway, because I now will work hard so that I don't go up next week. I don't want to report any more gross failures. I always find it easier to maintain my diet when traveling. Home is hardest.
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    amflautist wrote: »
    OMAD
    0 .... 195.8

Scales smiled at me this morning! Big 4.8# loss because I was traveling, and because I consciously fasted on my travel days. 3 days fasting during my trip. I decided to fast during travel days because that airplane food is so bad nobody should eat it. Then I got lucky. On the flight from Newark to Frankfurt, I was bumped to first class. Didn't even ask for it! But when I boarded, and the attendant scanned my boarding pass, the scanner buzzed, the attendant stopped me, and handed me a new seat assignment. First class. On an overnight flight, first class means you get to lie down and sleep! Oh heaven!! It also means lots of really good food, and good (OK, not crappy) wine, etc. I refused it all. Just took coffee and water. At the end of the flight, the flight attendant told me I was the easiest passenger she had ever had. Just coffee and water! I continued that travel day fast for another day in Bremen. But you know all that because I reported it above. I also fasted one day on the way back. Yesterday. That may account for part of the huge loss on the scales this morning. I wanted to write it down anyway, because I now will work hard so that I don't go up next week. I don't want to report any more gross failures. I always find it easier to maintain my diet when traveling. Home is hardest.

@amflautist great loss!!! :smile:
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    You are doing awesome! Congrats on the loss! You will make your first goal in no time!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    AWESOME LOSS!!! Those big numbers reinforce good decisions SO NICELY! And a new low, now!

Props to you for being even better when traveling then at home! I have the COMPLETE OPPOSITE PROBLEM! LOL - When I travel, I'm like "NEW FOOD! MUST HAVE!" haha. However, I see no problems with sticking to the OMAD, just make sure I get everything I want in that one meal ;)
  • amflautist
    @mistymeadows2005 I'll trade - my travel restraint for your home restraint. Problem for me is home is every day, travel not very often. So many more possible days for sabotaging myself.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Congrats on the loss!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Wow that's amazing. Great will power as well. I would've been tempted to accept the free food. You did a great job!!
  • amflautist
    :'( I just read the instructions for my 'procedure' next Thursday. Can't eat this, can't eat that. Almost everything I normally eat (healthful food) is off-limits for the next 5 days. :'( The OK stuff looks like junk food to me: Jello, Sprite, .... There's only 1 remedy. Use the days for fasting. I'm going to fast for two days starting right now, until Monday noon. The last time I tried a two-day fast I ate a bag of peanuts half way through. But peanuts are off-limits too! Heheh, at least this time I might be able to complete a two-day water and coffee fast.

On Monday I'll decide how to get to Thursday. @brendagaudette No popcorn! @mistymeadows2005 Is bone broth clear?

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2017
    What NO Popcorn??? :p

Good luck with your fast and your procedure o:)

Great loss last week :)
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    That is so unreal. To direct you to eat sugar, and sugar, --- how are you supposed to heal?
    Fast and have good bone broth, sounds better. Yes, broth is clear - if jello is ok (it's made with gelatin) than a good marrow-full bone broth is OK, too, I would think.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    OMAD
    0 .... 195.8

Good for you, that's so freaking awesome!

I'm not surprised at all by the list of approved foods before your procedure. Same kind of crap they give you after surgery. I think fasting is a good idea. Best to you for your upcoming surgery. :-)

• shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    You are doing such a great job and taking a negative situation and looking at the positive? Kudos! Good luck with your procedure and hope you rebound quickly! Stay strong.
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    :'( I just read the instructions for my 'procedure' next Thursday. Can't eat this, can't eat that. Almost everything I normally eat (healthful food) is off-limits for the next 5 days. :'( The OK stuff looks like junk food to me: Jello, Sprite, .... There's only 1 remedy. Use the days for fasting. I'm going to fast for two days starting right now, until Monday noon. The last time I tried a two-day fast I ate a bag of peanuts half way through. But peanuts are off-limits too! Heheh, at least this time I might be able to complete a two-day water and coffee fast.

On Monday I'll decide how to get to Thursday. @brendagaudette No popcorn! @mistymeadows2005 Is bone broth clear?

@amflautist sorry about not eating stuff... but it s just till thursday :smile:
    so how did your water fast go??
  • mistymeadows2005

For the intents and purposes you're speaking of, yes. It does have collagen and gelatin in it from the bones though so I'd skim the fat off the top once it cools. I'd also double check with your doc but other than the fat I don't see it being an issue
  • amflautist
    @NoMoreAfatChick Water fast on weekend suspended. I had stuff that needed to be cooked. Was unwilling to throw out bunches of ramps us other veg. Made a quiche with ramps and sorrel. Ate some of the egg part. Water fast restarted yesterday.
  • amflautist
    @mistymeadows2005 I'll be looking for bones to make bone broth next week.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2017
    @NoMoreAfatChick Water fast on weekend suspended. I had stuff that needed to be cooked. Was unwilling to throw out bunches of ramps us other veg. Made a quiche with ramps and sorrel. Ate some of the egg part. Water fast restarted yesterday.

I don't blame you, I hate to waste food too (probably why I was overweight/always was made to eat everything on my plate too). Good luck with your fast :)
  • amflautist
    Thank you @brendagaudette

And for you, @foodnetwork, you almost sucked me in. I was watching Iron Chef Gauntlett. Chef Izard made liver ice cream, then she made bleu cheese ice cream covered with a dark chocolate hard crust!!!, on her way to becoming the next iron chef. I opened my computer, went to Amazon, almost clicked on a Purchase_Ice_Cream_Maker button - but then -- be still, my hand. ALL that ice cream has a lot of sugar. My body will SWIM in insulin! Whew, saved by my new knowledge about insulin and fasting and health. WHEW!

Thank you OMAD! What I learned here just saved me from a really bad decision.
  • NoMoreAfatChick

@amflautist great... I appreciate you not wasting good.... and you are rite back on track...
    Let's do this...
  • mistymeadows2005
    @mistymeadows2005 I'll be looking for bones to make bone broth next week.

To save money - I buy the cheap chicken thighs, debone them, use the meat for dinners etc, and use the bones for broth - I can usually find them for like $1/lb so it's very economical