1Madgirl's weight loss journey

Replies

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    I sorta have a bit of a bicep :) right hand side only though haha.... working on it.

did manage 64 pounds tonight barbell squats. It was VERY difficult though. Getting there. Leg extensions at 66 pounds, deadlifts at 58lbs
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    You're doing fantastic. I won't get a chance to get back in the gym until summer, but I really can't wait! I just need the kids home so someone can watch my littlest so I can go!
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    I sorta have a bit of a bicep :) right hand side only though haha.... working on it.

did manage 64 pounds tonight barbell squats. It was VERY difficult though. Getting there. Leg extensions at 66 pounds, deadlifts at 58lbs

Great work, Deads are my fav
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    My biceps are disproportionate from carrying babies with left arm to free up right hand to do stuff for 5 straight years! Plus, I rowed Port on Varsity Crew in college. Big left lat and bicep.
    Great job on the legs!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You're doing great and after your body gets used to lifting you should be able to get those two pounds back off :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited May 2017
    I think every physical fitness program should have some cardio, strength, and flexibility component to it. Some prefer more of the cardio and some strength. All are important in my opinion. We should have some strength, some flexibility, and some cardio endurance regardless if we lose weight with it or not! Keep it up!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Vanguard1 wrote: »

Great work, Deads are my fav

I really like leg extensions and barbell curls! Makes me feel strong hehe.

Thanks :) I'm loving this. Makes me feel more positive about life as well!
  • 1MADGIRL
    shans34 wrote: »
    You're doing fantastic. I won't get a chance to get back in the gym until summer, but I really can't wait! I just need the kids home so someone can watch my littlest so I can go!

Summer is just around the corner :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    My biceps are disproportionate from carrying babies with left arm to free up right hand to do stuff for 5 straight years! Plus, I rowed Port on Varsity Crew in college. Big left lat and bicep.
    Great job on the legs!

I carry my 15kg dog a lot (right hand side) and I do suspect he's helping with the right side bicep haha. He's a scaredy-cat with some of my stairs so I have to carry him lol
  • 1MADGIRL
    You're doing great and after your body gets used to lifting you should be able to get those two pounds back off :)

Gone as from this morning :)
    Now back to my May goals :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I think every physical fitness program should have some cardio, strength, and flexibility component to it. Some prefer more of the cardio and some strength. All are important in my opinion. We should have some strength, some flexibility, and some cardio endurance regardless if we lose weight with it or not! Keep it up!

Thank you!

I lack flexibility greatly. I can't even touch my toes *embarrassed* it's why I always stay away from fitness classes, because I'm scared people would judge me. It's one of my goals !
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member

Thank you!

I lack flexibility greatly. I can't even touch my toes *embarrassed* it's why I always stay away from fitness classes, because I'm scared people would judge me. It's one of my goals !

@1MADGIRL hehe same with me, i cudnt touch my toes without bending my knees too much. Yesterday night only i was able to touch my toes for like one second.. exercising is amazing... i regret not starting it early... But again 'it is never too late'...
  • blambo61

Thank you!

I do think a some people are judgmental and do think mean things of when overweight people are in fitness classes but not all. When I see a very overweight person at the gym, I think they have some work to do but I also think it's great they are there and I admire their courage to be there. The heck with what anyone may think about it! If you really want to go to a class, go and don't worry about what they think. A lot of people will admire your desire to improve and may have some great advise for you also! You can work on it in private also tell you feel ready to go. Just write a schedule down and some plan and start off easy! I need to work on the flexibility thing more myself. You can also go to the gym and don't sign up for classes but just use their stuff. Good luck!
  • 1MADGIRL
    I'm not overweight so in my head I feel more judged for being not flexible at all.

But yeah you're right. Not everyone is the same :)

thanks
  • 1MADGIRL
    I'm really lucky to live to a place where its beautiful to run!
    Here's a sneakpeak ! I run with a friend, we watch the sun go down and then we run home :)

ov0cabtblit2.jpg

• blambo61
    I'm not overweight so in my head I feel more judged for being not flexible at all.

thanks

thanks

Sorry, I forgot that you have your weight down. Not being flexible (for a guy anyways) doesn't seem like that big a deal. I think ladies it might be more important for but still, they might have some good tips for you if you wanted to join some group. Good luck!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    You do live in a beautiful place!
  • 1MADGIRL

Sorry, I forgot that you have your weight down. Not being flexible (for a guy anyways) doesn't seem like that big a deal. I think ladies it might be more important for but still, they might have some good tips for you if you wanted to join some group. Good luck![/quote]

no worries. your advice is still relevant :)

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Way to go! You've lost the gained pounds plus you're strength training has helped you rid inches. Very happy for you :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Way to go! You've lost the gained pounds plus you're strength training has helped you rid inches. Very happy for you :)

Thank you :) I'm hoping to push through my plateau this week! I have a good feeling about this! I believe it is close!