As a truck driver I lost 189 pounds using the app

elwallgren
elwallgren Posts: 10 Member
I started out on this journey in February 2014. I was weighing very close to 400 pounds. I was a size 54 waist and they were tight. 3x shirt needing a 4x. Every meal at the time was causing chest pains. Constant acid reflux. Multiple other issues. Now today. 197 pounds. Size large shirt. Waist 36. Sure I get hangry at times. But the food I eat is to live. I used no surgeries. No magical pill. Hell I haven't even worked out til a month ago. All I did was be honest with myself when I started the app My Fitness pal. I gave it a honest shot. It didn't even start out as diet, but, as a watch what I'm eating thing. My wife saved my life. 10 thousand million thank yous to her. And Thanks to the creators of my fitness pal. I will continue to use the app to maintain weight but as of now I'm officially done losing weight. And thank you all for your support and kind words of encouragement through the years. Anyone wanting to lose, I'll help you. I did it as a trucker in the oilfield eating truckstop foods. Weight loss can be achieved. Get your head in the game is all I can really say. Thanks again God Bless

Replies

• elwallgren
    edited May 2017
    Not sure how to post pics
    content://media/external/file/31824
  • elwallgren
    [code]content://media/external/file/31824/[code]
  • linlouhkt
    linlouhkt Posts: 1 Member
    Congratulatios!
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    WTG!!!!! You are AWESOME!
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    You're an inspiration! Must have taken so much will power. Well done!!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Congratulatios, you look fantastic!
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Congratulations!!! You didn't let your circumstances of literally sitting all day stop you from losing weight. You are the definition of discipline and consistency.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    What a great testament! I want to know your truck stop tips. What is your favourite meal today?
  • mallomary
    mallomary Posts: 11 Member
    This is amazing. What was the reaction of your colleagues?
  • Wearedoingthis
    Wearedoingthis Posts: 21 Member
    That was a really inspirational journey. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. :)
  • JoJosAnatomymfp
    JoJosAnatomymfp Posts: 178 Member
    Fantastic. Well done
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    MFP Rockstar! B)
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Good job bro
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Well done, fabulous loss x
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    Fabulous!!! Losing weight while on the road?? Most would say impossible, but you've proved that sentiment wrong!

In answer to your question about posting pics:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10113298/how-do-you-post-pics-in-the-forums
  • JudyKenovafitby40
    JudyKenovafitby40 Posts: 9 Member
    What was your calorie range
  • elwallgren
    Thanks again. And when I initially began my bmr was almost 4700 calories
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!