Outdoor Excursions- Snap A Pic

Replies

• SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    mc96dvakmcvh.jpg

Practically my backyard. Lake Murray, SC.

Kepple, this is such a great picture.

:)

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Dense fog last night.

yhedr2azfhia.jpg

Storms moving in tonight.

l0xvm8m7u9ng.jpg
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    I wanna show you guys something that I find amazing. This place is Þingvellir where the Celtic and the Viking settlers of Iceland funded the first parliament the summer the year 930, over 1000 years ago.

%C3%9Eingvellir%2001%2020130726%20for91days.com.jpg

Not only is that place one of the most important places in the viking saga but it's also where America and Europe come together. You can stand with one foot in America, the other one in Europe or just dive between the continents. This place is so dear to me. I love Þingvellir and the history.

TwoSnorkelerSilfra_silhouettes_TK-768x1024.jpg

I still haven't dived there. I'm to afraid of it as it's a dangerous place to swim in and the water is freezing.

Made me google this - fascinating!
  • intercepter811tch
    intercepter811tch Posts: 17 Member
    s1iklgo4j5w0.jpg
  • HarrisHawke8
    HarrisHawke8 Posts: 70 Member
    Sunrise darpikovt8pq.jpg
  • hillaryflicka92
    hillaryflicka92 Posts: 613 Member
    2vxy2ytjc1zg.jpg
    Waterfall adventures
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Wild horses and cycling, good ol' england!

4u786z47sexn.jpg
    lwbfftsigtxw.jpg
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Baby possum
    7LwKJSw.jpg

We saw one of these (an adult, though) wandering around in our garden. In Seattle, walking distance from downtown. We live up against the edge of a green belt.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Seattle, I didn't get out of town this weekend. Actually we're looking at Bellevue (from Seattle).

34649155332_5cb8b5132f_o_d.jpg
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    nya4lbhsjdhn.jpg

From this weekend. Went for a little street art scavenger hunt :)
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    qb1sdp5mqqsl.jpg

Those were two of my favorites that I found
  • SoulRadiation
    edited June 2017
    Walking around a "Pirate Ship" in Manteo, NC (going around the sound, which is the water between the islands and the mainland):

lUxdIKG.jpg

It's a very cool little town. This is close to "The Outer Banks", and where the "Lost Colony" was located.

This is walking over a nice footbridge on the way to/from the "Lost Colony":

zbafunx.jpg

4STV2pP.jpg
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    ^thats really quite cool
  • SoulRadiation
    This is from a really cool sand dunes park in Kill Devil Hills, NC:

5gEG7zy.jpg

This is a great place to go fly kites and see the sunset. It's very windy. You won't have any trouble flying your kite.

NNBPNDi.jpg

• SoulRadiation
    This is standing atop "Kill Devil Hill", which is where the Wright brothers tested their gliders. Eventually, they successfully tested their airplane on the field below. Back in their day, the landscape was entirely sand. Grass was later brought in as I understand to help preserve the location for posterity as the area is occasionally subject to fierce hurricanes land-changing wind/water forces.

PKj60It.jpg

^^^ That is actually a legit hill, too...it would make for a great fitness park. Just walk over and/or around the hill all day.

On the field below:

jTfEjoa.jpg

2eR0etu.jpg
  • SoulRadiation
    I wanna show you guys something that I find amazing. This place is Þingvellir where the Celtic and the Viking settlers of Iceland funded the first parliament the summer the year 930, over 1000 years ago.

%C3%9Eingvellir%2001%2020130726%20for91days.com.jpg

Not only is that place one of the most important places in the viking saga but it's also where America and Europe come together. You can stand with one foot in America, the other one in Europe or just dive between the continents. This place is so dear to me. I love Þingvellir and the history.

TwoSnorkelerSilfra_silhouettes_TK-768x1024.jpg

I still haven't dived there. I'm to afraid of it as it's a dangerous place to swim in and the water is freezing.

This is stunningly beautiful! I'm with you on avoiding the rough surf. You have to try hard to beat water.