Motivated May 2017: Week 4 (5/22-5/31)

baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
Challenge blurb. Again. :wink:
baconslave wrote: »
For some of us, M stands for "Meativore" this May. So what were the rest of us to do with ourselves? Manic May? Mediocre May? Naw! Life gets busy and throws nonsense in the way of our goals. Sometimes we just don't "feel it"? But at some point we were motivated, right? Well, this month we are going to mainline you motivation all month long. 31 days of focusing in, with eagle-sharp focus, on a goal.

It's up to you. Do you need a 30/31 challenge (30 minutes every one of the 31 days this month.) A push-up challenge? Further your fitness level? Tamp down on the basics? Just plain need accountability? That's why we are here.

There'll be a thread up in the sticky section with links to each week for easy access when/if the thread gets buried.

Get motivated to reach your goal for May. And when motivation wanes, come to this thread an lean on us. We want every single one of you to succeed.
Come on in and post your goals! Check-in as often as you want/need. We'll keep the light on for ya. :wink:

motivation.jpg

LAST WEEK!
Due to me being gone for the holiday weekend this coming Monday, and the end of the month close after that, and because that's the way I roll :wink:, this thread will wrap up the month.
Keep it up!

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    I will have to seek forgiveness and hope to god I don't get banned, suspended or moderated here.

Because I laughed so much I peed my jeans....
  • baconslave
    edited May 2017
    I will have to seek forgiveness and hope to god I don't get banned, suspended or moderated here.

Because I laughed so much I peed my jeans....

I'm sorry I made you dirty a perfectly good pair of jeans. :lol:
    I just had to get that out. My life is like that so often. And I got up in a rip-snortin' bad mood this morning. I'm just so tired of the *kitten*. I needed to write it out, so I could see past the hormone-induced-rage to the core of the ridiculous from an angle that actually makes it funny. You just can't make this stuff up. Which I'm forced to say fairly frequently. :confounded:

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    @baconslave thanks for taking such great care of us!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    I may get in a walk today but I forgot socks so I'm not sure how far I'll get in these shoes. I'll restart the push-ups challenge next month.

I sort of like the idea of everyone making their own challenges.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited May 2017
    @baconslave ---"All of us in the creepy, white 12-passenger van like a redneck clown-car...
    .. So now the van smells like lamb-poop and grape soda." HAHAHA

Great visuals.. Thanks for the laugh. And here, I thought only my life was like that. Giggle.

I'm joining WW on Wednesday as a buddy to my GF who has lost 45 pounds already, while I've just been treading water. I've done WW before and totally hated it. So why try it again? I think it will bring my accountability back into reality. I'm competitive, so this might be the push I need to keep going. I didn't make my NY's goal to lose 20 by Memorial Day. Not even close. (3 pounds) Uggg. Next goal is 10 pounds 10 weeks.. (August 1st). Again, the short term targets have worked for me in the past because of the challenge.

Pretty rainy here today. I wanted to get my walk in. Maybe, I will just do the floors in the parking garage. Plan B.

• nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    As much as is pains me to say this, I'm coming to the realization that I "may" have to eliminate alcohol. Every time I drink, I end up eating a LOT of food I shouldn't. Case in point, Saturday into Sunday.

So I'm starting this week with a few extra pounds from pizza, booze, and dessert...and fasting to make up for the indiscretion. I had every intention of riding my bike yesterday to try to balance out the binge, but nope, I napped on and off all day instead. Granted, lady time is a factor here, but still no excuse. (and no where near as bad as @baconslave 's TOM story...good lord, I feel for you)

Luckily, Mondays are exceptionally active for me. And May in general has been better than April, so I'm determined to finish out this month with a bang.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    edited May 2017
    nikoba wrote: »
    As much as is pains me to say this, I'm coming to the realization that I "may" have to eliminate alcohol. Every time I drink, I end up eating a LOT of food I shouldn't.

Me. Too. :(

I totally cut out alcohol my first 3 months keto and I was crushing it.

If I have a glass of wine...chips suddenly seem like a really good idea. :(

I guess the good news is, even with slip ups I haven't gained, so if I can rein it in I can continue to lose. 'Cause I still have a way to go.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Sunday I went shopping for most of the day. Felt like exercise to me, so I'm counting it.
    Monday I ran 7 miles and then walked for 5 more.
    Tuesday will be a rest day for me.
  • baconslave
    No crazies the past 24hrs. No more than the normal weird anyway.
    5/22: 3 short vids for strength. 2 bodyweight and 1 dumbbells. I had evil fatigue yesterday and just wanted to crawl into bed. Not the best strength session ever, but I worked my muscles so that's "mission accomplished."

Rainy rainy. Looks like it might be time for Vader and I to do some more cardio ballet. :wink:

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    5/22 morning and evening kettle bell workout. Push-ups in the afternoon and walking walking walking!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    @baconslave I love your stories lol

5/22 rest day. I had crippling fatigue as in like dozing off at my desk fatigue yesterday so I just vegetated at home.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    They closed I-5 and it took me 2 HOURS to get to work today! With the family in tow because the kids have Ped appointments close to my work. Really no point to this other than, I'm giving myself extra points for sticking to plan today. :) I mean, it's a salami string cheese heavy cream coffee day, but I'm making it work.
  • baconslave
    Cadori wrote: »
    They closed I-5 and it took me 2 HOURS to get to work today! With the family in tow because the kids have Ped appointments close to my work. Really no point to this other than, I'm giving myself extra points for sticking to plan today. :) I mean, it's a salami string cheese heavy cream coffee day, but I'm making it work.

Ugh! Good job staying on-plan despite all that garbage.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Got a mani/pedi today. Feeling so pretty. Also, down a pound! Hoot.
    Supposed to go to WW tomorrow. I'm kinda feeling eh about it again. I've got about a 1000 excuses why not to...Got my walk in today. Went to Whole Foods last night. Got cauliflower, spinach, kale, onion, all the good stuff. There veggies are much better than the other grocers in the area. The cost usually turns me away, but I was feeling motivated last night.
    @Cadori, I do GPS and all back roads now to get to work. The main expressways are gridlock every morning now. Maybe they are building another lane? LOL
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    I'm meeting with the trainer at the gym tonight. I've been doing "virtual training" for 4 weeks. Looking forward to seeing what my loss looks like on their scale.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Got in a couple hours of physical activity in the warehouse today. Usually I spend most of my time at my desk, so when I help restock it feels like a workout to me.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    13,500 steps today
  • baconslave
    5/23:
    Danced with Lord Vader again yesterday.
    Full Exercise Workout at Home for Women Cardio Exercise No Jumping | 45-Minute Cardio Ball Ballet from Jessica Smith. Sweating everywhere.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    5/23: my evening went a little crazy. SIL and daughter had a little car accident and they sadly don't really know how to adult so I had to help handle that. Then this somehow led to me having to park my car uptown, take the damaged truck back to their house, and then walk back uptown to get the car. I also decided to take the toddler with me since the home environment was tense because they were so shaken up. Thankfully everyone was ok and no one was injured! So I'm counting stress, walking uptown in the rain, and wrangling a toddler the rest of the evening my workout!

Today I feel achy like maybe my RA is acting up. We've had some weird weather. Alternating super hot/humid and super rainy and chilly. I'll see how I feel upon returning home from work. Hopefully I'll be up to a Hammer and Chisel workout. I think it's supposed to storm all evening so a trail run is unlikely. I need to work on cleaning up the house too. Hopefully something will be accomplished.