WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Replies

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Trying to read and catch up but I am doing the old head bob.

Feeling tired but happy.

- Sharon in Sunny Southern Alberta
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Morning, well no nausea last night, that's a step in the right direction. I was in good control of my food choices, simple chicken and quinoa at a dinner out and I was not even tempted by the usual suspects, wine, apps and dessert :p
    I'm Hitting the gym in the a.m. as a way to reward myself for working so many extra hours.

Also eliminating dairy and eggs along with gluten for the rest of the week to see if that makes a difference. And yes I will have to make a doctors appt!! This rash is out of control, I'm itching on elbows, behind the knees and on the edges of my scalp, burning, itchy very uncomfortable.
    I will get to the bottom of this, just a little tricky with the work demands for the next 5 weeks.

Beth how's the readjustment with DYS home from college??

Have a peace filled day. NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    pitegny wrote: »
    Machka: I get tired just reading about your day!

And it's my rest day!! :persevere:

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited May 2017
    Went to the exercise room this morning and turned on the radio, as usual, to hear the news of the Manchester bombing.
    We both felt such a huge sadness and bewilderment and completed our regime in silence. :'(:'(:'(<3<3<3

We had on our news the other day an article about the World Seed Bank in Svalbard where Penny lives. A lot of flooding from the perma frost melting. The seeds are safe, but it was a shock for everyone and there will have to be a rethink.

Love Heather in the sad UK XXXXXXX
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Indeed, so sad about the latest violence, this time in Manchester. My heart goes out to all the families and friends whose loved ones died or were injured.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    morning ladies~ woke up late.. so rushing around getting ready for work.. working9-6 today.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    So sad to hear about the bombing in Manchester, as we live only 40 mins away in Liverpool it's really shocking. DH and I sometimes go for an afternoon out there, people are lovely. We Scousers and the Mancs have lots of rivalry but it is all good hearted. Cab drivers from Liverpool went there when they heard the news and brought Liverpool people home without cost
    DH and I had planned to go there at the weekend but a bit wary now, I know we shouldn't give in to terror but it makes you cautious
    Thinking of the people who have died and their families, so devastating :'(:'(

Kate UK
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    Good morning all! Loving the kitty and flowers! But want to send out my love to all of our UK friends. My heart is with you all. I hope your families and friends are all safe. I can't say "I hope you are unaffected" because when this type of terrorism happens in your country/area you are affected, whether you have friends and family at the scene or not. Strength and courage to you all! <3 love KJ (Kelly)
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    I went to bed early last night so woke up to the news about the terrible event in Manchester yesterday. My heart goes out to all involved and the families as well.

I'm off to have blood work at the doctor's office. Have a wonderful day, my friends.

DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    :heart:
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    PaulaY Bye, hate to see you quit. Take care!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    ;)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    So sorry for the event in Manchester.

Michelle ~ It's strange to me about all the wedding planning. My DH proposed and we were married 6 wks later. My mom planned the whole thing and it was quite pretty. Didn't bother me a bit that she planned it all. We actually rented my dress and the brides maids dresses. Had the reception at my parent's house. An old German farmer made the cake and it was beautiful. I guess we had such a short engagement time because my husband to be was stationed at Ft Knox and that was when he could get leave.

Becca ~ Have fun tanning.

Joyce ~ Pretty little cat.

NY Karen ~ So glad you are feeling bad. Yes, go to the doctor.

Carol in GA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-6X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-32X10X 35
    So glad I brought my Kettlebell!

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    30 push-ups

May Move Your *kitten* Challenge
    I Will be walking all day today!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    pitegny wrote: »
    Dana: The good news is that Paula Y is quilting, not quitting.

Glad you said this I went back and poured over posts to look for a "quitting" post. :)

Janetr okc