Binge :(

mom9782
mom9782 Posts: 15 Member
Does anyone feel like OMAD has helped stop binge eating?

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I'm not sure what binge eating is since I just ate all the time! I do think OMAD does bring about a lot of discipline in eating. I don't think I did binge but I did just constantly eat so I don't know if that was a binge or not. I control things much better now.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    mom9782 wrote: »

If you follow the daily OMAD routine I laid out, you will stop binging, my dear.
  • ShannonOMAD
    ShannonOMAD Posts: 122 Member
    mom9782 wrote: »

I'd like to say yes, but no. I still struggle with binge-eating.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Yes, OMAD had greatly reduced my binge eating! I think it's that, as well as axing sugary creamers from my coffee and basically staying away from white processed carbs.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Helped, for me, yes, but not eliminated.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I find it has mostly eliminated my bingey tendancies... Mostly I think bc I get to eat what I want w omad so I don't feel deprived
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    I still binge, not a lot, but I do.
  • crimple
    crimple Posts: 8 Member
    Ive been Omadding for almost two weeks now, so no expert. But I don't feel any emotional urge to eat like I did day to day.

I do eat one massive meal a week though, on a Tuesday, like a whole pizza with a chocolate bar for dessert. That technically constitutes a 'controlled binge' but it also has the effect of stopping my metabolism from falling, plus it gives me something to look forward to in the week, when my one meal is mostly veggies and lean protein.
  • mom9782
    mom9782 Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you all for taking the time to reply!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    I've been an OMAD for about 8 months now, I have basically stopped binging. I mean I still binge here and there, but I feel awful afterwards so those tendencies are getting to be less and less.
  • arguablysamson
    shans34 wrote: »
    I've been an OMAD for about 8 months now, I have basically stopped binging. I mean I still binge here and there, but I feel awful afterwards so those tendencies are getting to be less and less.

Yes, because OMAD (self-control) and binging can't logistically co-exist! :)
  • pacific904
    pacific904 Posts: 92 Member
    I am looking forward to stop binging. I am very good for 3 days and invariably binge on the fourth day and undo all the good. Salted caramel cake from the Coop and rapsberry trifles are the latest binges ( cake for 6 and trifle for 8 are gone in one sitting). Need to put my head in the right place but how do you do that? Starting OMAD tomorrow!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    I do binge but not tooooo much.... and i guess sometimes is ok for me... and yes binging has reduced a lot coz of OMAD and the reason that I don't like the feeling of burning calories after binging... :smile:
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I think it is ok to eat some of that stuff so you don't feel deprived. Just fill up on good stuff 1st and you won't have room for too much of the bad stuff.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    I hardly binge now. OMAD has changed my perspective of how I see food in my life. Its something I need to survive and not something for which I am surviving.
  • arguablysamson
    Two weeks is the crucial time. if you can go that long without a single binge on strict OMAD, you will turn a corner and it will get easier. By a month, it's in the past.