2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Replies

• Asssthetic
    Asssthetic Posts: 5 Member
    I would like to be "adopted"

A little bit about me, the noob of all noobs -

I currently weigh 140 pounds and would like to lose a little bit of weight as well as becoming more toned. I would really like a mentor who will push me so that I can reach my goals, since I tried on my own and kinda failed. I love running as well as lifting. I am really good with sticking to a plan when I know that someone is enforcing it so if you are interested with helping a weight-loss noob, feel free to message me (:
  • PandaTami
    PandaTami Posts: 10 Member
    looking to be adopted and get some friends on her to inspire me. on a mission to lose weight while i cant be very mobile... im wanting to adapt things so that i can do them and get ideas and support. im 40, female, slightly crazy with a optimistic outlook and love being positive!
  • PandaTami
    PandaTami Posts: 10 Member
    zcb94 wrote: »
    PandaTami wrote: »
    would like to find a mentor that gets my disability constraints and have overcome similar hurdles... please.... will include humour and sarcasm free to the right mentor lol
    As my mentor-bio mentions, I am in a wheelchair. After you take a look at all Mentor posts here, please let me know if you believe that we'd get along.

hi!!!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    Adopt meeeeeeeeeeeee.. me me meeeeee!!!!
    I seriously need someone to help me lose weight.
    female
    current weight: 154lbs
    goal weight: 120lbs

I am going to gym. Will start lifting(hopefully soon).
    following 1200calorie diet.

i can be a beast on cross trainer but i am really bad on treadmill when it comes to running. I love people who can run on treadmill for long time and would love to become one such kind of a person who can run atleast for 5mins..

If anyone think they can help me, please PM me. Would really love to lose weight.
    I got a new job and i really really wanna look good in everything i wear :wink: :wink: (who doesnt huh)...
    Thank you...

K
  • NikiS_8
    NikiS_8 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone. I would love to have a mentor.

I am 43 years old, just celebrated my 22nd anniversary and have 7 children (oldest is 21, youngest is 2). I work as an accountant (desk job) and get very little exercise. I used to be very active when I was younger and was healthy even at 175 lbs. But over the years the weight has crept up and I am now over 300 lbs. Still quite flexible but unable to exercise due to a knee injury. I am having an MRI done next week and hopefully something can be done so I can at least start with water aerobics or even just walking again. Right now, I can barely stand long enough to make dinner before the pain is too much.

I recently joined a 12 month weight management program through the hospital here and they suggested tracking food and exercise though the my fitness pal app so here I am. Although the program is good for monitoring and classes, it doesn't really offer the one on one mentoring that I may need. I studied nutrition years ago so I have no problem with figuring out how to eat right. My biggest problem in the past with losing weight has been staying motivated and not getting discouraged. I finally have decided to seek professional help because I cannot keep up with my youngest daughters (2 and 4) and my oldest 2 are now overweight as well (I have not been the best role model for them). My husband was recently diagnosed with gout and has high cholesterol and blood pressure. We need to develop healthier eating habits as a family. Also, I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea this year and have had to sleep in a recliner for over 3 years now because I cannot breathe laying down. This is affecting my marriage.

My goals are to lose weight (I would love to get back down to 175 eventually) by not dieting but by living a healthier lifestyle. I want to increase my fitness too by becoming more active.
  • mitchell_maya1705
    mitchell_maya1705 Posts: 25 Member
    I need a mentor.

I am 19 year old female, working a desk job. I have been fit my whole life because of dance and sports, but since stopping I have put on weight and can't seem to get it off and get back my muscle and my body I love. I need motivation and someone to push me to limits I wouldn't push myself. Would love to connect with anyone!
  • Tea500
    Tea500 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi from a big fat noob. I would really like to find a mentor.
    I had a stroke in 2010 and spent a year learning to move again.
    During that year I packed on 100 lbs.
    Today I'm 48 years old and I recently I hit 293 lbs so I'm desperate to undo this because it won't get any easier as I get older.
    I'm in a wheelchair, can't move my left leg, so my list of exercises is short but I'm learning new things all the time.
    Hopefully, within this positive community of people all trying to get in shape, I will find the encouragement and advice I'm looking for.
    What I have to offer is this - I have a positive attitude, and I'm happy to return any encouragement with same.

Thanks for reading.
  • Kookum1129
    Kookum1129 Posts: 4 Member
    I would like to be adopted. Require assistance in following areas!
    - nutrition (allergic to many things and don't have much money)
    - have a gym membership want to make sure I am doing the right excersizes (I go 3 times a week) (Swimming once a week)
    - my vitals are 46 years old, 5f 4.5inchs, and 211 lbs (have already set my mind to milestones I want to reach but I know it will take A LOT of work on my part to get there)
    - Ultimate goal is 130 by January 2018
    - already counting calories I just hope I am doing it right.
    Oh, and I am in Winnipeg
  • Josue_da_great
    Josue_da_great Posts: 12 Member
    I would love to be adopted!!!!!
    25 year old from Los Angeles Works about 60+ hours a week maintain a busy schedule. currently 170Lbs 5'6 looking to drop some weight and build some lean muscle. Currently on the Keto Diet anyone want to join me on my journey?
  • kaciecwest
    kaciecwest Posts: 3 Member
    I just stared Keto too
  • Danielleksanocki
    Danielleksanocki Posts: 4 Member
    I would absolutely love to be adopted!

My name is Danielle. I am 23, married, and from Tinley Park, IL. I started out my weight loss journey at 208 pounds. I am a former Weight Watchers member. I lost 21.2 pounds on that before I quit the program because it was too expensive. I maintained my success for a while before I ended up getting a lung infection that caused me to have to go on a prolonged course of prednisone which caused me to gain back about 7 pounds back in the last month. I am weening off of the medicine little by little, but I am determined to lose and reach my goal of being in the 140's.

I am looking for somebody around my age that will be able to keep me in check every day, help me with food suggestions, exercise, and keep me motivated. Being sick was a huge setback and I am ready to get back on track again.
  • LuckyD1510
    LuckyD1510 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi all, I'm David 33 from Israel.
    2 years after an ugly divorce I've decided to take back control over my life and get into shape, meet new people and maybe take.a second chance on love.
    At the moment I'm keeping to a low-calorie diet and try to street-run with my dog at least 3 times a week.
    I'm 1.68m (5'6'') and started at 89.5kg (197 lb). My goal weight is 70kg (155 lb), so I need to loose about 20kg (40 lb).

Friend me!
  • vettim16
    vettim16 Posts: 97 Member
    Hi all I am Yvette from the Midwest. I am 48, married with 3 adult chidren and need to lose about 40 pounds. I did this once before with MFP but seemed to have gained it all back. I am trying to stay motivated. I seem to do really well or a few days then just l flunk out the rest of the week. The one thing I have going for me is I love to workout. I am looking for motivational friends and I would love to motivate others!
  • angkit88
    angkit88 Posts: 26 Member
    I need to be adopted!

I am 29, and have a 50 lb loss goal, at least! I recently moved from an area where I had an awesome support system with a great friend of mine. I don't have her here now..super sad. So I need someone to back me up, support me, even give me goals! I was doing great a year ago...lost about 20 lbs...gym visits 3-4x a week..great diet...it's all back fired :( Help!
  • RenegadeDrummer
    RenegadeDrummer Posts: 3 Member
    I would love to be adopted.

I'm 20 y/o, five feet eight inches, 222 lbs., and in a size 18. My goal is to get down to a size 14 in pants, shorts, etc. Whatever my weight is in a 14 will be what I stick to, because it suits my body type. I have lost weight before (went from a size 16 to a 14 two years ago) but I've gained it back and then some, but I know I can do it.

I have started a light exercise routine so I don't injure myself and to get my body moving. I overdone it once with exercising and found that I had no energy to continue which is when the weight I have now piled on. I'm going to cut back on pop/soda/ (whatever you want to call it, I'm down to one per day now when it was 3-4) gradually so I don't end up with a caffeine headache. I've started to eat more healthy things and I'm not eating anything after 6 o'clock in the evening. I've also measured myself and I'm going to keep track of that along with my weight.

I've just started all of this yesterday so I haven't seen results yet. However, having a helping mentor would motivate me more. I'd love to get back to the sporty build I had just two years ago.
  • BA2701
    BA2701 Posts: 13 Member
    I'd really love some help / advice / motivation from someone else in the UK.

Hi, i've just moved from London up to Staffordshire. I used to play sport to a high level where training and even eating was entirely directed and required no thought! When that ended a few years ago I have oiled weight on and my fitness has diminished almost totally!! I lost a bit of weight last year but somehow it's back on. It feels horrible being so incomfortable in my own skin. Desperate to look and feel better and would really love some help. If anyone in the UK, especially in or around Staffordshire wants to help that would be great! Please.
  • vinit33pratap
    vinit33pratap Posts: 23 Member
    I'm here, just take me in.
    N00B
    5'6"
    24 M
    62.6 kg
    good BMI
    low strength
    weak arm
    low endurance
    high willingness
    vegetarian.
  • sweetsunsetdawn
    sweetsunsetdawn Posts: 2 Member
    Is this still active? Last posts are from January 1, 2017

I am new here and would love some accountability, some advice / guidance in the MFP tracking.
    I am 46 year old female from the USA. I have many pounds to lose (approx. 60). I just successfully tracked every day for the past 7 days. I started exercising about 1 month ago. My weight has been teeter tottering back and forth but I took measurements and have lost a total of 7.5 inches in about 1 month.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    ^you sound like we would get along as mentor/mentee. Please take a look at my mentor bio given at the beginning of this thread and let me know if I could be of any assistance
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited June 2017
    I would be interested in mentoring one or two newbies.
    Female, 48 years old, happily married. I am Dutch and living in the Netherlands (so all SI units here) but lived in NZ for 10 years (and in the UK for a year). So internationally oriented.

As a background, been doing MFP for nearly 3.5 years (logging every day!) and am within 0.5kg of my goal weight. That has been adjusted down several times, but now in the middle of my BMI and loving it. I am not sure how much I have lost in that time as initially I did not weigh, but the estimates are 25-30kg.
    I have been going slow, not fast and that has been a choice of mine as I wanted to keep it sustainable.

My (at times international) work demands times away on business trips and eating out is a hobby as well as cooking - and exercise. I do not deny myself anything and do not follow any cult/fad type diets. Just common sense and portion control.
    With exercise I do a little of everything and have a few focus point. I love walking and weigh training, but that is just part of my not rigorous routine. It adjusts to always go with my life and work demands.
    @alex feel free to add me to the list
This discussion has been closed.