Tips to follow OMAD - IT Job!!

NoMoreAfatChick
NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
Hello everyone...
my extended honeymoon period came to an end officially!! :disappointed::sweat:
From tomorrow i am going to work and it is an IT job. Not that i am new to the job but i took good 10months gap.
So i am wondering how i can manage cooking, cleaning, working and most importantly OMAD.
I want to continue OMAD, any tips and tricks from you guys are more than needed.
working hours are: 9 to 6.. And i wanna have my meal at dinner time.

K

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Hello everyone...
    From tomorrow i am going to work and it is an IT job. Not that i am new to the job but i took good 10months gap.
    So i am wondering how i can manage cooking, cleaning, working and most importantly OMAD.
    I want to continue OMAD, any tips and tricks from you guys are more than needed.

K

I do this daily.. I work 10-7 w/ an hour commute each way... Its totally doable. I try to prep stuff for the next night while my current meal is cooking so it's not so overwhelming when u walk in the door after work super hungry lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    PS congratulations on the new job... Very exciting... People like me need techies like you A LOT lol
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Hello everyone...

K

I do this daily.. I work 10-7 w/ an hour commute each way... Its totally doable. I try to prep stuff for the next night while my current meal is cooking so it's not so overwhelming when u walk in the door after work super hungry lol
    PS congratulations on the new job... Very exciting... People like me need techies like you A LOT lol

haha yea should prep it day before i guess then :neutral:
    Exactly, i might be super hungry when i walk in the door and might stuck at refrigerator and eat all the BAD stuff :wink:

thank you.. :love:
  • mistymeadows2005
    Hello everyone...

K

haha yea should prep it day before i guess then :neutral:
    Exactly, i might be super hungry when i walk in the door and might stuck at refrigerator and eat all the BAD stuff :wink:

thank you.. :love:

But of course! I'm happy to share any recipes for meals you see me post - just lemme know!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    But of course! I'm happy to share any recipes for meals you see me post - just lemme know!

@mistymeadows2005 sure thing.. thanx :love:
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited May 2017
    OMAD will make things easier because you will not have to prepare breakfast or lunch. That really is a big burden lifted not having to do those things. I keep some coconut oil at work in case I have a rough day. I've about forgotten about that though cause I've had some rough days and forgot to turn to that. I can take about 1/2 tsp of coconut oil and hunger goes away for about an hour (that is only about 55-cals and way better than hitting the snack bar!).
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    blambo61 wrote: »
    OMAD will make things easier because you will not have to prepare breakfast or lunch. That really is a big burden lifted not having to do those things. I keep some coconut oil at work in case I have a rough day. I've about forgotten about that though cause I've had some rough days and forgot to turn to that. I can take about 1/2 tsp of coconut oil and hunger goes away for about an hour (that is only about 55-cals and way better than hitting the snack bar!).

@blambo61 i still have to prepare breakfast and lunch for my husband :smile:
    wow coconut oil, i should try it. Though i dont like the idea of taking coconut oil :(
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member

wow coconut oil, i should try it. Though i dont like the idea of taking coconut oil :(

If you don't want to take coconut oil due to it being saturated, I can understand that although I do it rarely and I think any possible damage is way less than a couple of snickers bars. Taste wise it isn't bad, just let it melt down in the mouth.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    I do this too! I work 8 to 6 and when I get back home, I cook and eat. I make sure my fridge is filled with all the meats and eggs and low carb veggies along with cheese and butter. Initially, you may get tempted to just binge on anything you find, but gradually you will be able to resist. You can definitely binge on carrots and cucumbers and fruits while you cook. I do this some times. It helps me shut the initial phase of hunger while the food is getting ready..
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Congrats!! Im a single girl who works in ITand I live alone. Totally doable. I also do courses after work on weds and thursdays and dont get home till 10pm. OMAD has made my day easier :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    I would ask the husband to help out sinve you are both working now
  • NoMoreAfatChick

If you don't want to take coconut oil due to it being saturated, I can understand that although I do it rarely and I think any possible damage is way less than a couple of snickers bars. Taste wise it isn't bad, just let it melt down in the mouth.

Well said @blambo61 ... better to take coconut oil rather eating chocokates...
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    I do this too! I work 8 to 6 and when I get back home, I cook and eat. I make sure my fridge is filled with all the meats and eggs and low carb veggies along with cheese and butter. Initially, you may get tempted to just binge on anything you find, but gradually you will be able to resist. You can definitely binge on carrots and cucumbers and fruits while you cook. I do this some times. It helps me shut the initial phase of hunger while the food is getting ready..

Thanx for the tip niha... I should try the carrots n cucumber thing... probably Wil take few almonds to office to control hunger pangs...
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Congrats!! Im a single girl who works in ITand I live alone. Totally doable. I also do courses after work on weds and thursdays and dont get home till 10pm. OMAD has made my day easier :)

Wow.. working n taking courses awesome... thank you...
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    I would ask the husband to help out sinve you are both working now

Hehe @1MADGIRL ... husband hates cooking... he tells me 'don't worry sweetie, let's eat outside'... so I wud rather shut up n cook n loose weight... :wink: :wink: